“Feels like my "second home"” 4 of 5 bubbles

TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Lockesburg, AR
“Feels like my "second home"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

This is the best hotel staff that I've ever had contact with. I have stayed here many times, but there have been several months between stays. It does not seem to matter as the staff always greet me by name as I enter the door. There is just a special sense of comradery and love that is felt whenever you see them interact with each other and hotel guests. I seriously believe there is nothing that most would not do to try to improve your stay. Oh sure, there are some issues with "time to refurbrish", but considering all, I don't think you will find a finer group to spend time away from home and actually look forward to your next stay. The hotel is entirely smoke free on the inside! I love it!

Room Tip: I've had rooms on the front and back side of the hotel. The front side will be sunny in the mor...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear Cathy C.,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are so excited that we are able to envelope you in the culture we strive towards here at the TownePlace Suites! If we can ever assist you in any way before or during your next stay please give us a call and let us know! We look forward to your next visit and have safe travels!

Also thank you for the notes about the condition, which I am currently working on correcting so we will be able to have those issues taken care of.

Barnabas Chamberlain

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The front desk was excellent. They seemed to know my every need and served it. Free newspapers, snacks, etc. Hard bed, great TV, great breakfast, good continuous service from the front desk. I'll be back this month.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Wildbillwww,

Thank you so much for the response! We are so glad we were able to serve you during your stay and look forward to your upcoming stay! Please take time and say hello when you have a chance I would love to thank you in person!

I will be sure to share your kind words with the front desk and entire to let them know what a great job they are doing!

Have a great day and again, thank you!

Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

While this is an extended stay facility, I was only there for one night. I arrived a bit early as I was making a presentation the next day and wanted a chance to finish preparing. While the room was not ready, the lady provided a place to work and even offered to provide a snack while I waited. Within 15 minutes, I was in my room. Typical of what you expect when staying at a Marriott property. While located near the interstate and a railroad, I never heard the interstate noise and only heard the train one time and it was more like distant background noise. I took advantage of the exercise room and was very pleased with the quality of the equipment.
Breakfast was very good. I enjoy their cooked oatmeal, already prepared with plenty of things to add. I chose the blueberries. In my book, service always makes the difference. I will be back on my next visit to Bossier.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark H
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Mark H.,

"Service always makes the difference." You hit on a key point in which we strive for on a daily basis! Thank you so much for your comments. Tina did an especially great job and I am looking forward to sharing your review with her!

We as a team hope your travels bring you back to the area in which we may have the opportunity to serve you again. I hope your preparations served you well and the presentation went smooth!

Again, thank you for your comments and if you should need anything please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

1009 Gould Dr.
Bossier City, LA 71111
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We are Marriott Hotel reward members. This was Our first stay at a Towneplace Suites property. Very comfortable, clean, quiet room. Free in room wifi was a plus! Complete Free breakfast selection an added value! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear HiRiseTwo,

Thank you for being valued Marriott Rewards members as we appreciated your continued business! It is great to hear your impression as a first time guest to TownePlace Suites and glad to hear the enjoyment from your stay! I am looking forward to share your comments with the entire team and hope you will be able to join us in any future trips to the Bossier area!

TownePlace Suites
Bossier City LA 71111
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice weekend stay, short drive to casinos and boardwalk. I saw a previous review commenting on the waffles. Another couple staying here also commented on the same thing...then I pointed out that there were two flavors and she had made the cinnamon waffles. Everything was fine here and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear SJensen81,

I wanted to personally thank you from myself and for the team. I am happy to see you were happy with the location of the hotel and were pleased with the wonderful waffles at our breakfast offering! It's great to hear positive feedback and I am looking forward to sharing your review with the entire team!

Again, thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and should there be anything else I can assist you with do not hesitate to contact me directly via phone or email!

318.741.9090
Shawnee, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Another quiet, comfortable stay with very friendly people.

Suggestion for management/maintenance--there should be an exhaust fan in the bathroom. A hot shower steams up the mirrors!!! Tub was not so clean as it should have been.

Chocolate milk for breakfast--great for children big and small :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear PhDNana,

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts on your most recent stay. I will certainly investigate what we can do in regards to the bathroom condition. I know there is currently and exhaust vent, but not installed with a fan. I will also follow up on the condition of the tub that you mentioned and make sure that they are thorough cleaned for your next visit and future guests of ours. Lastly, the chocolate milk! One of my favorites too!

Again, thank you for your response. I and the entire team look forward to seeing you next time you're in Bossier!

318.741.9090
Star
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was our first time to stay at a Townplace Suites. We usually stay at Hilton, Courtyard, or the Residence Inns. However, we decided to give this place a try. We were just passing through and needed somewhere to stay. The lady at Check in was very nice and accommodating. We stepped in the elevator and was immediately turned off when it appeared that it had not been vacuumed in quite a few days. But, we continued to the room. We check the room out and found multiple hairs in the bed, I'm not sure the sheets had even been washed. They were stained and the room had a very odd smell to it. I have never stayed in a Marriot that was not clean. We called down and the lady moved us up to a two bedroom suite. So, we went up to check that one out. The room smelled better, but the sheets were still stained and we STILL found hair in the beds:( We decided to stay anyway since it was only for one night. The furniture was extremely worn. The carpet had stains all in them. We will definitely not stay here again. The breakfast was beyond horrible. The brown sugar for the oatmeal was hard as rock(aka old). The oatmeal was old, and even the waffles tasted strange.... That is all they had to eat. I'm not sure if all the townplace suites are lower or if it was just this particular one. There is a Hampton Inn, Hilton, and Homewood suites right next door which were packed. I would recommend one of those. They looked a lot newer and nicer. Definitely a disappointed Marriot reward member!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
barnabas_13, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Dear Cristina M.,

I wanted to thank you for your response and taking the time to give your feedback. It allows me and my team to make all necessary corrections.

I am extremely sorry the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay along with the breakfast which was not up to par. Be confident I will follow up on your concerns so others are not disappointed as you were during your stay!

If you would please contact me by phone or email I would like to further rectify this issue.

Again thank you for taking the time to share a reflection on your stay and I hope you do stay with us again so we may make it up to you!

(p) 318.741.9090