“Outstanding Staff & large, clean, comfy rooms with full kitchen”

TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
GreenLeadersBronze level
New Orleans
“Outstanding Staff & large, clean, comfy rooms with full kitchen”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

The staff here was unbelievably helpful & friendly. They couldn't do enough to accommodate us. I was there with a group & they went out of their way the help us with everything we needed. The rooms were spacious & each had a complete kitchen. The suites would be fabulous for a family. The location was very convenient to I-20, the Boardwalk shops & restaurants. The area was mostly commercial but safe. Free continental breakfast was ok but not available before 7 on weekends. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Loved the suites for a family group!
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dee70471
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Good afternoon Dee!

The team at this facility is our greatest asset; from housekeeping to front desk to breakfast and maintenance. We've been blessed with staff who truly care about each other and our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to recognize the effort they put forth to make everyone feel comfortable and at home. We can train our staff to do their jobs, but we can not train them to care. Luckily, we don't have to!

I wish you continued safe travels!

Tiffany Jassel, General Manage

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Ardmore, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 21, 2011

Those of us who travel with pets search for the genuine pet friendly hotel. This is usually an ordeal.Well, look no further. This hotel was one of the best experiences we have ever had with our retired service dog. The staff was so friendly and helpful. We always felt welcomed and never a second class citizen. So many "pet friendly" rooms are dirty. Not here. It was pristine all the way.

• Stayed April 2011
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
WOW! Thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about our staff and accommodations. We respect the value of our guests' extended family, so much so that they're invited to stay for free (with Mom and Dad of course!). Additionally, the upkeep on rooms that pets have stayed in is a thorough, detailed process. I truly appreciate that you took the time to recognize the effort we put into making a pet-friendly room brand new again. Please visit us again soon.

I wish you continued safe travels.

Tiffany Jassel, General Manager
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2011

You have to really watch for the road to the entrance or you will miss it, especially if you are coming in at night. The rooms were very clean but the air conditioning did not work well in one of them. Breakfast stopped before the time it was supposed to on a Sunday morning. Other than that, rooms were clean and a good size. Kitchen was well-equipped. We would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Good afternoon sir,

Thank you! I appreciate the kinda remarks regarding the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping team has been working so hard lately (even being understaffed!) while we've been interviewing and rebuilding our family. It truly means a lot that you've recognized their job well done, and I can not wait to share this with my team in the morning! The little things like filling out surveys and reviews are not little at all; it means a lot to all of us.

I agree in regards to this location being a little hard to get to. I'm relatively new to the area myself, and that's a huge concern of mine that I'm currently investigating ways to improve.

Very Sincerely,

Tiffany
Winnfield, Louisiana, USA
Reviewed April 8, 2011

I am on the road an average of three to four nights a week so I have become much the expert. I must say TIFFANY and TINA were the greatest of hosts and the room was as good as it gets for working people on the road. Surroundings are quiet, safe, business traveler-friendly. Those two young ladies go out of their way to make you welcome. When in the area I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Gregg007
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, April 9, 2011
Good morning sir,

Thank you for the tremendous feedback! It is guests like you that make us all so happy and thankful to be where we are. Continued safe travels, and we hope to see you back at the TownePlace Suites Bossier City very soon!

Tiffany Jassel
Oklahoma City
Reviewed March 31, 2011

This is a great place to stay for a night or a month. Full size Fridge, microwave, stove top and dishwasher. A CLOSET, yes a walk through closet for your clothes. We will be going back in July! Oh and breakfast, another plus. The only thing I would say I didn't like is I saw more than one place in the room and hall that needed cleaning better. Get on it housekeeping!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MomOf2OKC
TJassel, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Shreveport-Bossier City, responded to this review, April 3, 2011
Good afternoon,

THANK YOU for such pleasant remarks about our accomodations here in Bossier City! I am the new General Manager of the TownePlace Suites, and I am so excited to have stepped on board with a team who clearly does many things right! We're making big changes in all the right ways, and your feedback specifically regarding housekeeping provides me with a great idea of where to start. I truly appreciate the guidance your response provided in terms of ways we can improve the quality of our product.

I am very excited to hear you'll be back in July. When you arrive or book your reservation, ask for Tiffany so I can meet you!

Again, thank you, and we will be seeing you back at your newly found second home in a few months :)
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Stayed in king studio suite. Previous reviews correct. Great place to stay. Only negative - did see very small amount of dirt in crevices around edge of bathroom floor as reported by other reviewers. Very comfy bed and sofa. Rooms are a little crowded but well designed for everything in the room. Bathroom small but adequate. This is a long-term stay hotel and the room was designed for that purpose, so it had a lot of "bells and whistles" that we didn't use. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HavePlaneWillTravel
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I've been in quite a few rooms, and I've gotta say, this room is better than some 4 or 5 star rooms I've been in. Me and my wife stayed for one night only but loved it.. nice view, clean room, peaceful, friendly staff, etc... I have nothing negative to say about this room. Two thumbs up, I will be visiting again real soon.

• Stayed December 2010