“Great Customer Service!!”

SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs
Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Bossier City
“Great Customer Service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2014

The customer service here is great.You can tell that the staff really care about their hotel and ther guest. The rooms were very spacious and clean and even have a pullout bed in the sofa ehich really came in handy since my grandaughter tagged along with us on this trip. Reggie at the front desk is an absolute sweetheart. He made our stay very comfortable and gave us great ideas on things to do in the area. I will be back to stay again!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the race track. Nice view of the horses.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Daniel H, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Shreveport-Bossier City/Louisiana Downs, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
So happy you had a great time at our hotel and with our team! Can't wait for your return! Reggie is a wonderful team member and I'm glad you got to see that. I'll make sure he sees this!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Minden, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

We stay here as often as we can we try and get an odd numbered room so we can look out the window as the cross the staff there is always good to us. the free breakfast so ussually pretty good as well. The waffels are very tasty. Altho the meat could be much better.

Room Tip: odd numbered sooms face the cross and the horse track
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Glad you enjoyed yourself! I stayed here myself when I first moved to the area, and I loved seeing the horses in the morning, it was wonderful.

As you can imagine, cooking for 150+ people can be tough! We are working on getting our meat up to par, stay tuned! Thanks for your patience and understanding. If you're still not thrilled with it when you come back to the area, let me know!
Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

Since my stay at SpringHill Suites in Bossier City, Louisiana, I have stayed at 4 other hotels in different states. I keep coming back to SpringHill Suites, with memories of my great time there. I cannot say enough about the hospitality staff. In the complementary breakfast area, Jackie and Ms. Jeannie were very cordial and helpful, which added to the enjoyment of our meal. The variety of items offered were great too. The smiles that Jackie and Ms. Jeannie have just seem to be so natural and genuine. I think everyone in the room had a great dining experience because of them.
Our room was very comfortable and clean. We had a great view of the Louisiana Downs race track. It was educational and picturesque seeing the action of horse and rider. I reported that our shower head was leaking, and within 15 minutes, a maintenance person changed it out. That is just another example of the excellent service we received at this facility. And, I can't leave out a very memorable person at the Louisiana Downs Casino. Namely, Executive Host, Ms. Angie Davis. She was stationed just outside the VIP Lounge. My, what a wonderful and charismatic person. Some people may lose money at the slots and the tables, but her smiling face and positive attitude make you feel like a winner. She certainly embellishes the message that management wants others to feel; you are important, you are respected, we want you to have fun, we want to help if you have a problem and most of all "WE WANT YOU TO COME BACK". I could not thank her enough for her attention and kindness.
Thanks for a very enjoyable time, the hospitality and that good ole "Southern Charm", we have come to love in the South, and from all we come in contact with during our stay.
Oh yes, the buffet was great too! I think I gained 10 lbs from eating from the great variety of tasty foods and treating myself to the irresistible desserts available too.
Thanks!
Jack777
Morristown, Tennessee
p.s. I'll be back. I am also an LSU fan.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the Louisiana Downs Racetrack. The higher up, the better (3rd or 4th floo...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 118Jack777
We DO want you to come back! I'm glad that came across in your experience. We want every guest to have a great experience, so it is warming to know that you were happy with your stay and your experiences with our team here and at the hotel.

Come on back! Too bad my hometown school of Mizzou won't be playing your Tigers this year!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

Every employee we came in contact with was extremely friendly and accommodating. Hotel exterior and interior very clean and inviting. Rooms were nicely decorated and comfortable. Couldn't have asked for better selection of and preparedness of breakfast foods. Thoroughly enjoyed my stay there!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
This is what we aim for every day! A great experience with each team member and every amenity. Come back again, we'd love to see you!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014

Parking was good, check-in was fast, hotel and rooms were clean. Breakfast was good. Free WI-Fi and HBO. Microwave and refrigerator. Very nice suite with lots of space. I like the indoor pool. Really quick check-out. Louisiana Downs Casino is in the same parking lot in walking distance and the food is good. But the Buffet is only open Thursday-Sunday. You are about 10 minutes from the other Casinos and Outlet Mall.

Room Tip: Try the 4th floor. We heard a lot of running feet (children) from the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Even if we had not been "comped" here by Harrah's Total Rewards program it would have been great. This was one of our stops on our drive from Michigan to Texas. Excellent rooms, staff, breakfast. Love the clever semi-separation between the sleeping & sitting areas.

Room Tip: Top floor not near the elevator, always!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I hope this was a stop-at-every-city sort of drive, because Texas to Michigan sounds exhausting! I'm happy that we could be a stop on your journey and I hope that next time you come to town I hope you stay with us again!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

My only complaint is the gym tvs are not hooked up. If you don't mind being way out there, this is a very nice, better than average, newer and cleanrer Springhill. It's just that you are way on the outskirts - but definitely a worthy contender for future visits.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for brings the TV situation to our attention. Looks like everything but our eliptical TV is working, and even that should be back up in the coming days (needs some new cabling inside the TV). Come on back and sweat it out in our fitness center, now with free weights!