“Stay was fine, room was fine but at least one staff member needs some tips on social skills.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Bogalusa
Traveler's Rest Motel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Bogalusa
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The room was good, everything was clean, the cleaning staff was very friendly as well as the front desk staff...all except for one. I wish I would have gotten her name but didnt think to ask at the time.
The skinny blonde that works the front desk, learn some manners on how to talk to and treat people.
If you can't be polite and respectful then you should find a job where you do not ever have to converse with people.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank MattsHoney
Melissa C, Owner at Traveler's Rest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

I am glad that your stay at Traveler's Rest was pleasant. Our current Housekeeping staff continues to be one of the finest we have ever had. Our Front Desk Clerks are trained to put customer service at the top of their list. I apologize for any of my staff who may have been anything less than professional and courteous. After reading this response of your experience, a thorough investigation with my staff was completed. I have come to the conclusion that there was a breakdown in following procedure that led to frustration in both of the departments involved. What you experienced, regretfully, was a direct reflection of this breakdown. All parties involved will be reeducated on both procedure and customer interaction. I apologize again and hope that you will choose Traveler's Rest on your next trip. If I can be of further assistance please contact me personally. I included my contact information in the personal message you should have received earlier today.

There are newer reviews for Traveler's Rest Motel

Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

Very clean rooms. We travel with a service animal and sometimes run into a problem with questions I just don't need to answer. My experience here was nice. No questions, professional attitudes toward my situation, no charge or threat of charge, as it should always be according to ADA. Thank you for respecting my needs.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Extraeyesonboard

I am so glad to see that our staff treated you with the courtesy and privacy you deserve. We train our employees to treat every customer with dignity and respect. Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I highly reccomend this hotel. They are a very caring bunch, Very FAMILY and PET oriented. The staff goes above and beyond to make guests feel comfortable. This was more than just an overnight stay for us we were there with our work for about 4- 5 months. Would definately stay at this hotel again, for any length of time.

Room Tip: For a long term stay I recommend the suites, very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Wendy W

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We enjoyed having you here as much as you enjoyed staying. We've made a few updates in the past few weeks. We just added Coffee makers and hairdryers to every room. We hope you come visit soon and be sure to bring Charlie!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

There isn't much of a selection in terms of high end hotels in Bogalusa, but if you're looking for somewhere clean to stay with friendly staff and reasonable prices, Travelers Rest is the place to go. We were there for a few weeks for work and the cleaning ladies were some of the sweetest people we've ever met. Our pets loved it too! Lots of room for taking them on walks and the rooms were fairly pet friendly. Overall it was worth the money, and an enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2013
8  Thank caseyandjared
Melissa C, Owner at Traveler's Rest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thanks for the review guys! We miss seeing those cute puppies already. We are working really hard on updating the property and the rooms. I am ordering lots of new things for the rooms this week and the guys started working outside again today. I hope you guys will come back and see us one day soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We are staying at Traveler's now. We are in the RV park along with several others. Can't say anything about rooms but the facility is great. The office is very nice and the people are so helpful. Lots of shade back here and very easy access. We will be here for a while!

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Rvrover
Melissa C, Owner at Traveler's Rest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

I am so glad you are enjoying your stay! We love having so many families back in the R.V. Park. We have enjoyed seeing the kids play soccer in the afternoons. I hope you guys are taking the kids to our local Cassidy Park. They have had some great events this summer and are planning many more.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Our room was extremely clean! Our bed was brand new other rooms also had new beds from what other family members traveling with us said. We are clean fanatics and go over a room completely before we stay. I will change rooms or leave a place if not up to par. Every room I saw had nice flat screen televisions, ours was 32 inch. Our bedding was typical of most, bedspread and sheet, but we had nice comfy blankets in the drawer in the room. The place shows some age but doesn't everythingin this small town. I can say though that it looked like work was going on to uprgade the facility. That was nice to see in a town that I have watched deteriorate over many years of visiting family here. The Staff here is wonderful, everyone is so nice and accomodating. Housekeeping is doesn't wake you up knocking on the door at the crack of dawn either, that was super nice.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with the whole family. Get the Suite, it very little more in price but three ti...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank mamaknowsall

Thanks for the wonderful review. I'm so glad you noticed all of our hard work! We still have lots of plans for the property. As you stated we have recently replaced all of mattresses and upgraded to large flat screen televisions in all of our rooms. Some of our rooms have recently been completely refurbished and we are working to complete the entire facility. Our housekeeping staff is wonderful! They make it a point to do all of the check outs before they will disturb a guest who is in the room. It makes their day a little longer but thats all part of our Southern Hospitality! We hope to see you again on your next visit.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed 2/1/13 for one night. Motel was better than the ratings gave it. It's not a Holiday Inn, but it's clean, staff is friendly, and comfortable. The area of town is a little run down, and no restaurant nearby, but the motel is worth staying at. The office did have coffee though. Good price. I would reccommend this motel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Susan B
Melissa C, Owner at Traveler's Rest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind review. Next time you are in please check with our desk clerks, we will be happy to direct you to some wonderful locally owned restaurants, all within a few blocks. We hope to see you again soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogalusa
Berry Creek Cabins
Berry Creek Cabins
#2 of 7 in Bogalusa
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Picayune
Days Inn - Picayune
Days Inn - Picayune
#2 of 4 in Picayune

Been to Traveler's Rest Motel? Share your experiences!