“Fantastic Little Place...”

Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Managed to get a table one Saturday night and we were not disappointed. I had the chargrilled fillet steak which was cooked to perfection and my partner went for the seabass which she really enjoyed. Staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome & comfortable throughout. Decent wine list and all at a reasonable price. We will be back.

1  Thank PhillipL219

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

The main meal selection was limited. We chose sea bass which was very good. Service was good. We ordered panna cotta which was describes to be served with overran and fruit. I thought the icecream an odd pairing since panna cotta is vanilla. Panna cotta is delicate and subtle in flavour and pretty fragile so imagine our shock when it was presented to us in coffee cups with the panna cotta squashed beneath a boulder of vanilla icecream. Worse was the sherbety fruit puree drowning out the flavour of everything. Trying to dog out the panna cotta proved impossible, it was scrambled, squashed and mush. Absurd it should be served in a coffee cup.

1  Thank seascapesszzz
Italian-Job-Newhey, Owner at The Italian Job, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thanks very much for visiting the Italian Job and for your feedback. At the moment we feel 25 main courses plus 4 weekly changing specials is sufficient for a 35 cover restaurant but we will discuss whether to expand this on our 2014 menu. The vanilla panna cotta is paired with vanilla ice-cream, this is clearly stated on the menu but we are more than happy to serve it without had you requested. Kind regards.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

We had heard some lovely things about this restaurant so decided it was worth a visit. We were not disappointed, it was lovely. Service was attentive but not intrusive, it had a great relaxed atmosphere, not too noisy so good for a catch up chat with our dinner companions. Peroni on tap made the guys happy and the food was very nice. Few bones in my sea bass fillets made me a bit nervous and I would usually expect my fish to be fully de-boned. Pasta mains were quite large, good for the guys who did say they were starving (so dramatic). Reasonable prices for good quality food. We would definitely visit again & would recommend to friends & family

Italian-Job-Newhey, Owner at The Italian Job, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Thank you for not only taking the time to visit us at the Italian job but also to write a review, our feedback is very important to us and we are pleased you enjoyed your experience. I have taken up your point about the seabass with our fishmonger who usually delivers all our fish fully filleted and this is a rare occurrence to find bones in the dish so I do apologies for this.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Enjoyed a wonderful evening with the hubby to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The £15 any starter and any steak on weds & thurs is amazing value for money. The food is delicious, good portions, very attentive staff in a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Would highly recommend this restaurant and we will defiantly be going back.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

When you get the rare opportunity for a night out without the children, you really want it to be a great evening with good food. Well it was a fantastic evening with superb food! I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, my expectations are extremely high when I eat out and The Italian Job ticked all the boxes. It has a great atmosphere, all staff are attentive, we didn't feel at all rushed and the quality of the food and wine was second to none.