“CATFISH”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Simple menu featuring Catfish and Shrimp. Steak fries were not cooked enough. Shrimp were delicious.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We have been eating at Adams' Catfish House for years. It is at least at 40 minute drive to the Westbank for us, but it is well worth it. They have even been named best catfish in the south by a popular magazine. If you are looking for a "fancy place" this isn't it, but it sure does serve good fried catfish. It is a family friendly restaurant. We love the fried catfish, hush puppies, and fries. They have the only slaw my daughter will eat (a mayo based one). We all like the thick cut catfish filets. We also like that the fish is fried in peanut oil, so it doesn't have that funny taste the "new" oil has (most restaurants now fry in the new oil). The food is fresh, hot and tasty, and the one time our fries weren't, a comment to our waitress produced a basket of hot ones immediately. The staff is wonderful and treat you like family. The portions are large and we will frequently order 3 large filets served family style (on serving platters instead of individually) to feed four people. Adams is open M-F for lunch, but only Thursday - Saturday for dinner. I've never been for lunch because I work too far away, but we all love going for dinner. Every friend and family member we have taken has enjoyed it and wanted to return.

Reviewed February 19, 2012

Great food, friendly employees, excellent value. Don't let the looks of this place deceive you. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

Good stuff. Not much to look at from the road outside, but a good value and tasty food.

Reviewed January 29, 2011

I had heard and read so many great things about Adam's and finally after 4 years in the area I went there. It was 29 Jan 2011, a saturday night at 7 pm. I was horribly disappointed. The coleslaw came out bland and lifeless, the catfish and fries were cold or at most room temperature when they came out. And for some parts of the fish it was way overcooked. The catfish was so greasy upon leaving I immediately felt nauseaous and the need to visit the restroom. Living in New Orleans, I expect a fair amount of flavor in my food. The only thing that I tasted from that fish was burnt batter and grease. And it was the same for those that were with me. I don't want to say horrid, but if the boot fits, lace that bad boy up. Maybe it was bad night or I expected too much...My bad.