“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel
Ranked #50 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed for one night to go to the 13th gates I forgot my power bank charger wire and wall adaptor and they found it and mailed it to me they were very friendly. Thanks They were very welcoming we had a great night sleep and the best part is that they are pet friendly

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Youngsville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband stayed at the Holiday Inn for a couple of weeks for business. I went for a weekend and just hung out in the room. The carpet was filthy for starters. There was nothing fancy about the amenities. I ordered room service and it took almost an hour to get to me. I couldn't even cut through the toast. It was cold and hard. The pancakes were horrible; so much that I couldn't eat them. I've never not been able to eat pancakes before! My biggest complaint is the housekeeping. I was watching football on a Sunday in my pajamas. My husband had left to go get us food (since I wasn't about to try room service again) and made sure the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. A few minutes after he left, a guy knocked and said housekeeping. I didn't answer because I knew the sign was on the door and it freaked me out since it was a male's voice. Before I know it, he walked in! I charged the door and told him to get out. I then said the sign was on the door, but I didn't see it. He had it in his hand and said, "Oh, it's right here. I thought you guys left." Creepy to say the least. We called and complained, but it didn't do anything to calm my nerves. It made me feel as if they were watching the room and saw him leave. Good thing I wasn't in the shower or anything!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Nicole G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide.

We sincerely apologize for the food served during your travel did not meet your expectations and we are truly sorry for the issues you had with our housekeeping staff. Comments such as yours are very important as it allows us to assess where we have opportunities to make improvements.

It is our hotel's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. We value your custom and as always we remain at your disposal.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Vicksburg, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

While having several other options to choose from, we always come back to this hotel. The hotel is in a great location just off of the interstate, has plenty of parking, both indoor and outdoor swimming pools and a bar/cafe on site. If you have the option of an interior vs exterior room, choose the interior. Although the exterior rooms are just fine, the interior rooms eliminate the hussle and bustle of everyone loading and unloaded the cars and the noise from the parking lot. The only problem we had was the slow draining tub. I complained to the staff and was immediately offered a new room or someone could come up and fix it. The front desk staff was very helpful and had the problems resolved in no time. The cafe and bar area is in the perfect location and has a well trained and polite staff. Kelly by far provided the best service for our dinner and drinks while we watched the LSU game. Security on the other hand (personality of a brick wall)could have worried a little more about stopping the children running around barefooted throughout the lobby and worried a little less about texting on the phone or bothering people sitting in the cafe watching the game! Breakfast is also a plus! The staff was very friendly, food is hot and fresh and you have the option to have a omelet or eggs cooked to your desire. Overall we had a very good stay and will likely come back for several more home games

Room Tip: Interior rooms are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and that you chose the Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South for your overnight accommodations.

We will look forward to your next visit and greatly appreciate all your kind words and praises.

Bossier City, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have stayed here several times for business and my last visit was business but was able to bring my family along. As always it was a great stay. The rooms are always clean, staff is always friendly, and the fitness center is always clean and the equipment is functioning. There are three pools including a kiddie pool. One pool is indoor and outdoor, you can swim under a wall to the indoor part of the pool. On this stay the only issue was with the pool. The first day the pools were very cloudy. You could not see the bottom of the pool at all. However it did get better over the next couple of days. Two tips: 1. The breakfast buffet is not free. However it is a good breakfast, worth the money spent. 2. This hotel has rooms that enter into a hallway and rooms that have an exterior entrance. If you prefer to not have a room that has an exterior entrance, be sure to let the front desk know. It also helps to note it on your reservation.

This is a great choice especially considering the price point.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed yoru last stay with us and that as a frequent traveler with IHG Rewards that we were able to show you the true meaning of Southern Hospitality.

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments with us and we will look forward to your next stay the next time you are in the Baton Rouge area.

Trout
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Great people who really treat you right. Rooms are updated and comfortable. Breakfast and staff are top of the line.
2nd week here in a month and will be back soon. I spend a lot of time onthe road and am in Baton Rouge a lot and now have a new favorite place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay - and our staff went above and beyond to make you feel at home.

We are estatic to know that we are your home away from home when you are in the Baton Rouge area.

Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stayed for one week for business. Staff was wonderful. Breakfast was the best! Bed was very comfortable and room was spotless. Stayed in newer inside room at end of hall and never heard a thing once inside room! Couldn't ask for better accommodations.

Room Tip: End of hall - away from elevators (although elevators are not adjacent to any room).
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. We will look forward to your next visit the Baton Rouge area.

River Ridge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

This is the best hotel in the area for the price. It cost around $100 and it comes with a free breakfast that is freshly made (get the biscuit & gravy). Comfortable beds & modern room. I even got a free drink at the bar as a welcome. If there is a down fall the area around the hotel isn't the best but I never have felt unsafe.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Janet P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baton Rouge South Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments -- I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay.

We will look forward to your next visit to our area.