“Freshly remolded”

Ranked #26 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Dallas, Texas
“Freshly remolded”
Reviewed July 2, 2007

Reserved a Queen Bed room. Rooms a little small. Freshly repainted and new carpeting new tile; etc rooms clean. Staff friendly. Breakfast waffles;muffins;cereal & toast & fruit. Used a $10.00 off coupon using booklet from Louisiana Travel Center. Would rate it about 7.9 on a 10. Price was reasonable.

• Liked — had a new look
  • Disliked — seperated sink away from bed area would be desireable. In case someone wanted to sleep later .
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank albhmsb
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
We thank you for your comment and your business. Please visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kansas City
Reviewed March 3, 2006

I am a business man that travels all the time and I have never in 20 years of business travel been treated like I was at the Sleep Inn in Baton Rouge. I arrived early evening on a Wednesday to check in and gave the person behind the desk my CONFIRMED reservation number and they said that my reservation was given away to someone who did not have a reservation and that there were no vacancies. There were no managers around to be found and the person behind the desk was extremely rude, tough luck in other words. I called the Choice Hotels customer service line and they were not much help either. The only thing they made the hotel do was to call around to find me another hotel. Well, there were no vacancies for a 100 mile radius. After I was there for 1 and 1/2 hours the manager calls to check in and was very unsympathetic. Finally after another 1/2 hour the manager says he owns another hotel 30 miles away that has a room that is being remodeled that I can have. I had no choice and drove another 30 miles to get a room.

5 Thank biztraveler49
Reviewed April 17, 2005

Was passing through Louisianna (driving) with a friend on the way back from Houston. Stayed here on Friday, April 1st.
First stopped at the Microtel Inn across the street. NEVER STAY THERE! (see the review under that hotel. Hint: there were lots of spiders)
I do a lot of driving and stay at alot of places and this had to be one of my most rudest experience.
The front desk staff was very nice and cordial - as should be expected.
When walking up to our room it smelled of curry (as stated in another review) and of other cooking aromas. I found out that people actually live at the hotel (something I also found out at the Microtel also).
Also they had old televisions and chairs piled up in the stairwell (not the proper place to store things and also a fire hazard).
The room was without towels (had to go to desk and ask for more) and the shower seemed dirty with soap scum/spots.
The walls are like paper and you can hear everyone else. Even the door didn't prevent the sounds from the hallway and from the rooms across the hallway from coming into out room.
Then the worst part was in the morning when the cleaning lady knocked 4 separate times on the door to see if anyone was in the room (doesn't the front desk notify them when people check out?) Also there was not "Do Not Disturb" sign. This also all happened well before checkout time. Then I went to start packing up the car and the maid walked in on my friend about to take a shower.
I complained to the front desk and told them I don't think I should pay for the nights bad experience. She called the manager and it was okayed. But he wanted to talk to the maid right away before I checked out and tell her that she would be docked pay (the price of my room) - this was very unprofessional! This all happened as I was standing at the front desk. I told them to please do that after I leave, which they didn't honor. So when I got back up to my room to get my friend and stuff I had to pass the maid and she made a noise and mumbled as I walked past. Luckily I didn't make out what she said but got out of there quick!

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2004

If you can't stay at the Quality Inn at Bluebonnet, this is the next best place for the money. Very clean, very convenient, next door to Cracker Barrel, and just off Airline - between the two malls.

I've stayed here several times and have never been leary of the linens or cleanliness. It is safe, lots of good parking, nice breakfast in the mroning, and you can walk to the Cracker Barrel for lunch or dinner.

The staff is nice. I've stayed many places and again, for the money, this is a very good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2004, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 5, 2004

We stayed here in early June for one night. It is located near I-12 and I-10 and there is a Cracker Barrel next door. We paid $49 a night (group rate). It is typical of the Sleep Inn chain but I noticed this one smelled like curry and onions in the hallway. The room's A/C was really loud and the room also smelled like onions. We didn't eat breakfast as there was a Cracker Barrell next door. It was fine for one night, but next time I would probably pick the Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn or Microtel that are nearby.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member