“old hotel”

Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Olathe, Kansas
“old hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

the hotel looks old, needs to be up dated. room looked out dated also. breakfast was not to good, but there is a cracker barrel next door which has better food.
rooms are noisy, cause it is very close to the interstate.

Room Tip: will stay somewhere else next time
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for your comment. We are sad to hear about your unpleasent stay. We strive to please every guest. We would like for you to revisit us again so that we can make your stay more pleasurable. Again, we want to apologize for any inconvience you have experience but we do hope to see you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Tupleo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

I needed an reasonable room rate near a meeting I was attending. While the rate was inexpensive in this period of $100+ plus rooms, the difference in price was obvious. While the room was clean, minor "refurbishment" issues existed. Know too, that this hotel is very close to a a high traffic interstate--since it sits perpendicular to the highway there is really no backside. The noise subsided a bit after midnight but was up again at 4am. On the plus side: staff was friendly, breakfast was usual hotel fare (but I opted for the Cracker Barrel next door), flat panel tv, plenty of hot shower water, fridge and micro. Negatives: very small bathroom, no hanging clothes closet (a cabinet that would not really hang a long bag), room shades not light tight at night. All-in-all, wife would not have liked this one at all. I made do but not likely to return.

Room Tip: Get a room the greatest distance from the highway (north end). Avoid the elevator area as it has a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
I would like to take the time to thank you for your comment. We do aim to please all of our guest who stays with us and that is a personal goal that we strive for here at Sleep Inn Hotel. We do want to apologize for any inconvience that you experience here during your stay. Also I would like to invite you on a furure stay with us so that we can provide for you a more pleasant stay when you are in our area. Again, thank you for your comment. Hope to see you in the near future.
Kankakee, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

The room was very clean, the bed was very comfortable after a hard days work. Enjoy the hot breakfast. Wold recommend sleep inn to all my friends and family. Staff were great. I really enjoy my 30 days stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sleepinn97, General Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time on surveying us. We strive to please our guest 100% of the time during their stay. We would love for you to come and visit us again whenever you are in the area. It was a pleasure serving you.
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

the room was a bit small but large enough for someone on a business trip. it appeared clean except for the chocolate covered peanut on the floor and the beetle running along the wall in the bathroom. the bed was very comfortable and I like the vanity separate from the bathroom/ shower. there was some road noise - as it sets right next to the highway. the a/c was noisy when it kicked on - I couldn't get the fan to run full time to cover the road noise. Breakfast was good. I'll probably stay again on future trips to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sleepinn97, General Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, October 11, 2013

We thank you for business and your comment!

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

when I arrived the front desk clerk behind the counter was sitting in the lobby.. (akward) then I was given my keys with POOR directions. Yes the pictures of the hotel ARE nice, however this hotel is ran down, and they have ROACHES! THEN to top it off my choice privilege gift was an oversized white paper bad with one water and one tiny bag of frito layes... the hotel should have saved their money on the bag...

wont be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Sleepinn97, General Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi,

I am concerned about your experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. At this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guests at all times. Therefore, it is disappointing to learn that you are unhappy.

I want to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues your have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept my sincere apology for any inconvenience the above issue(s) may have caused.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Long Beach, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stay at Sleep Inn South four times each year for business. The staff is always attentive. My room is always pristine, AND QUIET, which is one of my biggest considerations. Equally important: the non-smoking rooms are not smoky! I usually don't have much time before our early-morning meeting to relax at the breakfast bar, but it is well-cared-for and the food is always fresh. I can't say enough good things about Sleep Inn South Baton Rouge.

Room Tip: I once got room 110, which is right next to the breakfast area. When the TV comes on you won't...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank James R
Sleepinn97, General Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We thank you for your comment and your business!
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have visit this hotel approximately twice a month and have been doing so for the last 4 years or so. This is my home away from home. The hotel staff is extremely courteous and friendly. Management is awesome. They recognize and appreciate their guests.
The rooms are always very clean and well kept. Over the years I have tried many of the hotels, and this one in the best. One other nice advantage is being away from traffic of "the main drag" of I-10 but close enough to be convenient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank La Shanda C
Sleepinn97, General Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your comment. It is always good to hear positive feedback from our guest and it lets us know we ar doing our job. We hope to see you again in the near future.