“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS”

Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Shippensburg
“ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

This has to have been one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had!! The property was clean and well lit. The room was very comfortable and well laid out. Very modern looking. Things that are especially important to me....the AC was able to be cranked down LOW and was able to keep running...not keep shutting off. The shower was fantastic. It was quiet and hotel very well laid out. I had asked for a top floor room, quiet area (away from vending/elev). They really handled it well. The staff were all very courteous, upbeat and helpful. Can tell they really enjoyed working with the customers. Even the coffee was super for a hotel breakfast. Didn't use pool or workout room but they looked well kept. This should be a model property for others to see how it should be done. I wish all my travels included this type of establishment. WELL DONE!!!

Room Tip: Top floor.....
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
We thank you for your business and your comment!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

During my visit to Baton Rouge on 8/31/12, I stayed at Sleep Inn South located on Plaza Americana Dr. My stay at this property was wonderful. Being a General Manager, I observed everything because I wanted to see just what guests look for when rating a hotel. Upon my arrival, the desk clerk, Love Preet, was very accommodating and even though we ran into a few issues at check-in, he maintained his cool and remained professional. I considered him AWESOME!!! The room was very nice and clean . The shower was clean as if it had just been installed. The bed mattress was very comfortable. The next morning Eleanor at the front desk was very accommodating. She introduced me to the General Manager , Minesh Patel who was very nice and made me feel glad that I chose that particular hotel. Thanks to all of you for a job well done. I will recommend your propert to all of my friends that visitsBaton ROuge, La.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn F
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank You for your comment. We would like to extend our invitation to you to come stay with us again. Thanks again for choosing Sleep Inn South.
Alexandria, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Checked in on the 4th checked out on the 5th. This was the nicest Sleep Inn I've EVER seen. I would def stay again. Love checked us in he was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were really nice, great upgrades.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sleepinn97, General Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
We thank you for your comment and We appreciate your business!!
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is probably the best Sleep Inn at which we've stayed. The room, common areas, and pool were all very clean. The staff were polite and helpful. Although the room was a little smaller than average, its furnishings and layout made it not feel cramped.

Our room had a queen bed, two end tables, a desk/dresser unit, a mini refrigerator, a microwave, and a large flat screen TV. There was no closet, but there was a wardrobe that had an iron and ironing board, and adequate space to hang clothes. The wooden clothes hangers could be removed for ease of access; about half of them had clips for skirts, and the rest were suitable for shirts or pants. The bathroom had a sliding door and the standard, elongated Sleep Inn shower. The shower had plenty of hot water, and the water pressure was good. The sink and vanity were in an alcove immediately outside the bathroom. The lighting in this room was better than in most hotels.

The bed was clean and comfortable, and there were four comfortable pillows. The AC unit was a little loud, but it worked very well. It kept the temperature right where we set it, without alternating bouts of hot and cold. Overall, the room and hotel were fairly quiet. The colors, fixtures, etc. are in keeping with the recent Sleep Inn decor refresh, and they suited the room well.

This hotel has a guest computer in the lobby and an outdoor swimming pool, but no exercise room or coin laundry. The salt water swimming pool was clean and well-maintained. The water was delightful, and the pool is open until 11 PM. This was great for us, since we didn't arrive until almost 9:30.

The breakfast was basic, but good. Between us, we had biscuits, sausage, waffles, fruit, and yogurt. Also available were muffins, donuts, cereal, instant oatmeal, and toast, among other things. The size of the breakfast room and the number of tables were adequate for the number of guests. The breakfast attendant did a good job with the food line and the tables.

The hotel is conveniently located at I-12 and Airline Hwy. It is next door to a Cracker Barrel restaurant, within walking distance to a few other places, and within a short (if congested) drive to many more.

All in all, this hotel was very nice. There is nothing not to like about it, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sleepinn97, General Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
We appreciate your business and we thank you for your comment!
Hagerstown, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

Fairly new motel with inside halls, three floors, one elevator, contemporary decor. Check in took about 8 minutes (slower than average). Room was very clean, but small. We had a roll-away and it was almost impossible to find a place to put it. Room had two double beds, fridge, microwave, desk/dresser unit, one very nice desk chair, flat TV, short wardrobe as a closet (no closet), iron, ironing board, coffee maker, hair dryer, large shower (no tub), single sink on a very small counter outside of the bathroom. Beds were comfortable with four pillow per bed. AC unit works great but is very loud, and cuts in and out frequently. Nice outdoor pool, big parking lot and easy access. Breakfast included waffles, biscuits, sausage patties, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, apples, oranges, two kinds of cereal, two kinds of juice, coffee, donuts, toast, muffins, and bagels. Gentleman in charge of breakfast area kept things well stocked. Average rating is just that. Nothing wrong except the very loud AC, but nothing that went WOW either. Would stay here again without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms with lower number on each floor have more noise as they are closer to the interstate and the p...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank youthtripplanner
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Thank you for your comment. We hope to see you again in the near future.
sarasota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a week. Only 1 desk person was able to help us. Staff closed down breakfast at 9:00, but made waffles for the help until 9:20. Phone in room did not work for 4 days, Lost 3 containers of ice cream in refrigerator in room, it was not working properly, was told no maintenance for a week, while we were there, I could go on and on, but won't. Will never stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
I am concerned about the numerous problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and at this hotel, we strive to provide the best customer service possible to or guests at all times. Consequently, it’s disappointing to learn that you are unhappy. Please accept my sincere apology.

A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issue you raised have been addressed, and that appropriate action has been taken. We taken pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I would like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to this area.

We would like to demonstrate the true quality of out service by extending to you a one-night complimentary stay, subject to availability. At your convenience, please contact me directly to arrange your reservations; and simply present this letter to the front desk staff upon check-in.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. There is no excuse for anything less than complete guest satisfaction.

We look forward to serving you again in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2012

I came away with a whole new outlook on sleep inn hotels. I always thought of them as low in hotels but not anymore. This hotel was very nice in every aspect. Every bit as nice as Holiday inn hotels which I have stayed at. I think the name makes them sound low end. Great hotel!

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
Thank you for your comment and your business! See you soon.