“Great rooms and great staff”
Review of Sleep Inn South

Sleep Inn South
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I stayed here one night while traveling through from Texas. The lady working the desk was very professional and gave me a great rate (as opposed to the Microtel Inn across the street where the staff was very rude and did not seem to care if you stayed there or not). The room was really nice with one of the largest and nicest showers I have seen in a hotel of this type. The area the hotel is in is not the greatest, but its not the worst I've seen. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door. The hotel offered a free continental breakfast, but I checked out before it started so I cannot comment. I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank vol27970
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I can’t begin to tell you how happy it made me to read about your experience at our hotel. The team here strives to make each guest experience as close to perfect as humanly possible. When we accomplish that goal we’ve done our job. I am so honored that you choose SLEEP INN SOUTH while you were in BATON ROUGE, LA . And we’re extremely grateful that you took the time out of your busy schedule to share this wonderful feedback. I really appreciate it and know the team will as well when I share it with them. We look forward to welcoming you back again the next time you are in town. If I can do anything for you during your next visit to our hotel, please do not hesitate to call me. The front desk would be happy to connect you to my office.

Thanks!
Mike Patel

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Customer service was phenominal, which is very rare these days. From the general manager to the desk agents, the service was awesome. Anytime we are in Baton Rouge, Sleep Inn will be our choice hotel. I cannot think of anything that was bad regarding our stay. I recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Reserve double bed
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank qmhood
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2012

Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stopped at this motel after a long day of driving. First impression is the hallway carpets are dirty and have not been secured to the floor. The room is decent. Take a shower, pull down the sheets and I can't be certain but I don't think they were fresh clean sheets. Decide to give them the benefit of a doubt and get into bed. Get woken up at 3AM by people moving around in the room above, they continue walking around for over 30 minutes. I get up and check out. Night clerks asks if the room was OK. I inform him it was not, that it was noisy and dirty. He makes no attempt to satisfy my complaint. I have had better, cleaner, quieter rooms at half the price. Would not stay at or recommend this place

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is about 15 years old. Has been updated recently. New carpeting, paint, etc. BEDS ARE VERY COMFORTABLE AND SHOWER HEAD IS BEST WE HAVE EVER USED. Small bathroom with nice shower and toilet, pocket door to bathroom. Sink with very small counter in sleeping area, but OK. I noticed there was black mold outside the shower at the floor. I reported it at check out. Not flat screen TV but OK. Breakfast area and food OK. AC. unit was quite loud.

Cracker Barrel right next door. Miniture golf across the street which looked like fun for a family. Hotel is right off the highway so easy to find but along with that comes traffic noise. We will not stay at this hotel again. If an OK rating is ok with you then you will most likely like this hotel but we prefer a more upscale hotel for our money.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed May 12, 2011

While traveling along I-12 I needed a nice, clean and safe place to stay. I had my hubby look on trip advisor and he recommended Sleep Inn. I have stayed in Choice Hotels before but never a Sleep Inn (I prefer Marriott & Hilton type). The hotel appeared to be under construction from the view outside of the Hotel, but I decided to give them a try since the reviews were promising. It is currently under construction...but don't let that stop you from staying here...no paint smells or dust.

The friendly desk clerk was very helpful in recommending a place to eat and making sure my room was satisfactory.

I was shocked at how nice the room was, clean, nice furnishings and very comfortable. I wouldn't think twice about staying here again and recommend to others considering this hotel. Frig in room too.

The complimentary breakfast was okay. Packaged muffins, cereal, yogurt, etc. Would have prefered more fresh fruit or a grab & go bag.

Great room for the price!
T

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed January 29, 2011

We were visiting our daughter in Baton Rouge, so I knew we wouldn't spend much time in the room, however, I am pretty picky and like an upscale hotel. I saw the Sleep Inn online and the reviews were pretty good, we had a coupon I needed to use but I was a little wary about the hotel. I told my husband "Let's go and check it out first, if I don't like it, we'll go somewhere else". We checked in and went to the room, it was pretty spacious, had a fridge and microwave, nice and clean and just what we needed. We ended up staying two nights. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean and smoke free! The price was great, what more can you ask. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast as we just walked to the Cracker Barrel next door. If you're looking for a great location, clean & quiet accommodations at a reasonable price, don't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 14, 2010

If you're heading to Baton Rouge, the SLEEP INN is great!!!
I was thrilled to have found them while recently in town.
Located directly off I-12/Gwenondale (exit 2B), the location was especially convenient--
accessible to interstate, and everything close by (i.e. shopping/dining/gas etc).
The hotel was great; the amenities were all.

By far, most of all, I was especially impressed with the staff and the service; they were OUTSTANDING. The staff were so helpful, and especially ACCOMODATING (Kent/Eleanor, best 2 of my stay). Never before have I stayed in a place even worthy of sharing my praise. But the Sleep Inn was great. I have no complaints.--

Rest assured, I have patroned many hotels of Baton Rouge in the past.
Never the less, I was most off impressed with my stay at SLEEP INN.
Hopefully this helps next time your in town, and looking for a good place to stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business