“Just OK hotel.”

Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Just OK hotel.”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel is about 15 years old. Has been updated recently. New carpeting, paint, etc. BEDS ARE VERY COMFORTABLE AND SHOWER HEAD IS BEST WE HAVE EVER USED. Small bathroom with nice shower and toilet, pocket door to bathroom. Sink with very small counter in sleeping area, but OK. I noticed there was black mold outside the shower at the floor. I reported it at check out. Not flat screen TV but OK. Breakfast area and food OK. AC. unit was quite loud.

Cracker Barrel right next door. Miniture golf across the street which looked like fun for a family. Hotel is right off the highway so easy to find but along with that comes traffic noise. We will not stay at this hotel again. If an OK rating is ok with you then you will most likely like this hotel but we prefer a more upscale hotel for our money.

• Stayed June 2011
Sleepinn97, Manager at Sleep Inn South, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
We thank you for your comment and your business. Please visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2011

While traveling along I-12 I needed a nice, clean and safe place to stay. I had my hubby look on trip advisor and he recommended Sleep Inn. I have stayed in Choice Hotels before but never a Sleep Inn (I prefer Marriott & Hilton type). The hotel appeared to be under construction from the view outside of the Hotel, but I decided to give them a try since the reviews were promising. It is currently under construction...but don't let that stop you from staying here...no paint smells or dust.

The friendly desk clerk was very helpful in recommending a place to eat and making sure my room was satisfactory.

I was shocked at how nice the room was, clean, nice furnishings and very comfortable. I wouldn't think twice about staying here again and recommend to others considering this hotel. Frig in room too.

The complimentary breakfast was okay. Packaged muffins, cereal, yogurt, etc. Would have prefered more fresh fruit or a grab & go bag.

Great room for the price!
T

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2011

We were visiting our daughter in Baton Rouge, so I knew we wouldn't spend much time in the room, however, I am pretty picky and like an upscale hotel. I saw the Sleep Inn online and the reviews were pretty good, we had a coupon I needed to use but I was a little wary about the hotel. I told my husband "Let's go and check it out first, if I don't like it, we'll go somewhere else". We checked in and went to the room, it was pretty spacious, had a fridge and microwave, nice and clean and just what we needed. We ended up staying two nights. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating. The hotel was clean and smoke free! The price was great, what more can you ask. We did not eat the complimentary breakfast as we just walked to the Cracker Barrel next door. If you're looking for a great location, clean & quiet accommodations at a reasonable price, don't hesitate to book here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 14, 2010

If you're heading to Baton Rouge, the SLEEP INN is great!!!
I was thrilled to have found them while recently in town.
Located directly off I-12/Gwenondale (exit 2B), the location was especially convenient--
accessible to interstate, and everything close by (i.e. shopping/dining/gas etc).
The hotel was great; the amenities were all.

By far, most of all, I was especially impressed with the staff and the service; they were OUTSTANDING. The staff were so helpful, and especially ACCOMODATING (Kent/Eleanor, best 2 of my stay). Never before have I stayed in a place even worthy of sharing my praise. But the Sleep Inn was great. I have no complaints.--

Rest assured, I have patroned many hotels of Baton Rouge in the past.
Never the less, I was most off impressed with my stay at SLEEP INN.
Hopefully this helps next time your in town, and looking for a good place to stay!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ruston, Louisiana
Reviewed August 10, 2010

I was here on business and stayed at Sleep Inn 3-4 nights for 3 weeks. It is a nice clean hotel and was near by my work. It has the basic needs for a business traveler. The staff was friendly and helpful and gave me a good rate walking off the street of $69.00 per night. On the down side the rooms are noisy, the AC and fridge make a lot of noise. There is a breakfast but not much variety. No workout facilities. Overall, fine for business travel a night or two. I did upgrade to a different hotel after three weeks though.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Ottawa, ON
Reviewed March 4, 2010

I had a very pleasant stay here. Intelligent and friendly front desk staff, convenient and comfortable room, above average breakfast. I was on an extended road trip and this was the first place I stayed at that understood that if one is going to provide high speed wireless Internet access, one needs to provide a useful place in the room to use it, i.e. a desk with a good lamp to see the keyboard, an electrical outlet to keep the computer charged and a comfortable, adjustable chair.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
TN
Reviewed December 3, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel many times without any problems, but my most recent 3 day stay was less than satisfactory.
Very thin walls...I was able to hear the guy in the next room snoring very clearly. The hotel gets the worst cable channels and NO ABC. What hotel doesn't get the 3 major networks??? This one. I called the front desk and was told that ABC was channel 10. However when I checked channel 10, it was some local CBS affiliate (spl.) with news running during primetime shows. They did get the regular CBS, but ABC is nowhere to be found. I travel ALOT and I enjoy relaxing to my favorite sitcoms in the evenings in my hotels. Most would assume that every business in their right mind would at least get the 3 major networks if they were going to bother having television. I guess you know what they say when you ASSume things!!!

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business