“Wait . . . it did get better.”

Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Pensacola, Florida
“Wait . . . it did get better.”
Reviewed July 12, 2014

Despite the long line, slow service, inexperienced staff and the lack of on duty staff at the front desk, once we reached our room, it was nice to walk in to our chilled temporary home away from home. The breakfast selection was ok, however, the large summer travel baseball team crowd made breakfast difficulty to enjoy.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Steve L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was traveling with my two kids. Hotel was nice, clean, and safe. There was some noise from the Highway but not too bad. The bathroom was also noisy if some one next door was taking a shower. i would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank 275miriamh
DeRidder, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The manager did not put in my tax exempt information, but the lady who checked me out was able to take care of it with a little work. It was not a big deal because I was not in a hurry, but had I been this would have been a problem.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Codey C
oklahoma
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Our room had a malfunctioning toilet, but the management moved us right away. We found this hotel to be very noisy. The rooms are extremely small and the beds were not comfortable. The staff was helpful though.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank okjoan
hamptoninnbr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr., responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Joan,

As a seasoned traveler you have several hotel options to choose from when you travel to Baton Rouge and we appreciate you staying with us. I want to take a brief moment to personally apologize about your recent experience during your stay. As we strive to provide exceptional service and experiences for our guest. Guest satisfaction is very important to us and I apologize that you experienced a problem with the comfort and quality of your room.

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your candid review of the comfort and appointment of your room and we will use your comments as we work to improve our guests' experience moving forward.

Again, I am sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality service you deserved during your recent stay. If you choose to stay with us again in the future, we would love the opportunity to win back your business.

Kindest Regards,

Monee' Bellard
Baton Rouge, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is probably one of the most disappointing Hampton Inns I have ever stayed in during my travels. I would not recommend this hotel. The noise both in the hallways and the ability to hear the person in the next room put the toilet seat down is not acceptable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

hamptoninnbr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr., responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Lesley H.,

Kindest Regards,

Monee' Bellard
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

The lobby area and breakfast area are very appealing and very comfortable-- the breakfast items were well prepared and very good. Room was very comfortable and clean-- interstate right off property yet the room was very quiet and relaxing. Had a very nice stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Kwajkid007
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have never been to a hotel where the staff truly seemed to care about the guests and the hotel property. We stayed here for almost a week and had a great experience. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to stay in Baton Rouge.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family