“Pricey, but clean; no working pcs in hotel lobby”

Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Garfield Heights, Ohio, United States
“Pricey, but clean; no working pcs in hotel lobby”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room was clean, and the breakfast was good. However, the cost is pricey and can destroy any faculty budget, especially when no shuttle to and from the airport is available. Worst of all, the pcs in the lobby do not access the Internet; this was a major disappointment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
hamptoninnbr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr., responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was glad to read from your review that you found our rooms to be clean and enjoyed our breakfast. We do all we can to create a great experience for each of our guests; actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides valuable feedback. We would be happy to show you how to access the internet via our newly renovated business center! Please let me know if you have any additional suggestions as we are always looking to improve!

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Lake Charles
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Had a great stay at this hotel. It allowed for a late arrival. The staff was courteous and friendly. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The room had a coffee pot, mini fridge and microwave along with a desk area and a closet. The bathroom was clean with a tub/shower combo and had a nice vanity and amenities.
The hotel serves breakfast - there was a nice variety and plenty of sitting room. For breakfast you had a choice of muffins, boiled eggs, cooked eggs, sausage, hot biscuits with gravy, yogurt, oatmeal and cereal. You could even make your own waffle with their waffle machine. They also have hot coffee and tea and a juice machine with several choices. There was a very nice lady who made sure everything stayed clean and refreshed.
The hotel is off the interstate, so it's easy on and easy off. I was only 5 minutes from downtown. There are several restaurants close to the hotel.
I will stay here again :)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Excellent front desk reception with helpful local restaurant information. Parrain's had excellent local fare. Breakfast exceeded expectations with efficient, friendly staff. Welcomed as a Hilton Honors participant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed February 9, 2013

My first (and rather average) experience at this Hampton Inn must have been anomaly. Since then, I've returned to this same hotel four times, and each visit has been everything I have come to expect from Hampton. The hotel is immaculately clean, the staff friendly and courteous, and the rooms spacious and comfortable. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The room rocked! New decor - new layout...and loved the built in desk. Great stay...wish I had not just been passing through! I had never been in a Hampton Inn that looked so normal, but had a surprise when I walked into the room. Now, I can not say all of the rooms were this way, but the one I stayed in was pretty darn nice.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Nebraska
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Nice Hampton and very consistent with other Hamptons. Clean and well kept, but the busy intersection and nearby highway are noisy. I had a room on the side of the highway and traffic could be heard constantly. Perhaps a room on the other side of the building would help? This location does have a manager's reception on certain nights, and that was very nice. Breakfast was good, keeping in line with other Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: Even number rooms are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
hamptoninnbr, General Manager at Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr., responded to this review, February 4, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I did want to take this opportunity to apologize in regards to the noise you encountered during your stay. I totally regret that the highway noise was disruptive to you and your rest was interrupted. Our guests comfort is our main priority and I assure you we are currently looking into different options of soundproof our rooms. Your feedback is very important to us and I do appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention.

Once again, I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have had and I hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us.
Long Island, New York
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed when my typical hotel in BR was booked. Room was clean and came with free water and snack. Staff was courteous and helpful, and breakfast was usual Hampton Inn (cereals, waffles, etc.). Right near the highway so a little noisy but not terrible.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. We are very happy to hear to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We are all about Satisfaction Guaranteed and I very much appreciate your feedback! Again, I thank you for your review and hope to see you again soon, we would love to have you.