“Good location, but very close to the I 10”

Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr.
Ranked #6 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed March 6, 2012

The hotel is in a wonderful location; however the proximity to the Hwy makes it a vey noisy location.

• Stayed: March 2012
Janae J, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr., responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2012

Dear Traveler,
I am glad to see that you were happy with the lcoation of our hotel! I would like to share a little tip for your next reservation. When placing your reservation, be sure to let the Front Desk know that you would like to be in the rear of the hotel. You can also input these comments into your reservation when booking online. Our Front Desk is well trained in honoring these requests to the best of thier ability. This will definitely eliminate the highway noise! We would also like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. We understand how busy everyone is and this means a lot to us! Thanks again!

Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I pulled into this Hampton Inn after a long and tiring plane ride, having stayed here several times before. The smiling, helpful staff were a welcome site at check-in. The next morning at breakfast, one of the cooks made sure I got the first hot biscuit and a fresh omelet. It was a refreshing change from nonchalant airport food and servers.
But then the unexpected happened. We had checked out and were driving toward home when Donna realized she had left her cell phone at the hotel. At first, we stopped and called the hotel, but no one had found the phone. We turned around (it was a fairly expensive iPhone) to try to find it ourselves.
The staff left no stone unturned. With their help, we searched the room - twice. They led us into the laundry room, where they checked mattress tops (Donna remembered using it while still in the bed). We were afraid it was already in the washer or dryer. Employees dropped their duties to help in the search, and each took time to console my wife, who was beside herself, not so much because of the phone, but because of all the important contact information it held.
One of the housekeepers finally found the phone buried within the sheets of a laundry hamper. They were determined to keep searching until they found it, and they did, much to the relief of my wife.
I think most other hotels would have given up after the first search. After all, it wasn't really their problem. But the fact that so much of the staff showed so much care for an obviously distraught guest made me think that there's no place I'd rather stay in Baton Rouge than this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank natchezms

Hi there! We would like to thank you for the amazing comments! We truly pride ourselves in providing our guests with the best service possible along with a clean and comfy room. Hearing great comments like these makes me so proud to have the wonderful staff that we do. We can not express how much appreciate you taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Most of all, I am glad your wife found her missing phone! We are looking forward to your next arrival! Thanks again!

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went specifically to visit relatives and go to some of the New Orleans Mardi Gras
Parades but the weather prevented us from going on Saturday.

This hotel is very nice, we have stayed there many times. I would consider this to be one of the
Top Hampton's in the area. The Staff was friendly and Although we arrived after 6pm our
reservations were still open thanks to the Hilton HHonors program. We highly recommend this location to anyone. It has a very good location to the Big Outlet Mall.

Room Tip: Make reservations on line and keep checking back as frequently the room rates come down.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Janae J, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr., responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Hi there! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we sincerely appreciate your feedback! We certainly hope to see you back later this year once we have completed our renovations. We will have brand new lobby and breakfast area that we are excted to show off to our guests. Thank you again for your comments! We are looking forward to your next arrival! Happy Mardi Gras to you and yours!

Reviewed February 7, 2012

I stayed here last night. Check in was a breeze. The managers welcome reception was nice. The room was average in size with a small bathroom. The staff seemed friendly enough, so no real complaints there. Breakfast was your typical Hampton offerings. I had the "bagel topper". It was cool at best; it would have been better if it were hot. Here are what I found to be the drawbacks: fitness center had a minimal amount of equipment, so i had to wait for others to finish, hotel is located next to I-10, so there is noise all night (but I knew that prior to arrival and the sink did not drain properly (will report that upon check out). Overall, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012
Janae J, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Baton Rouge I-10 & College Dr., responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

After reading your review recently posted, I wanted to be sure to respond. We sincerely appreciate you choosing Hampton Inn College Drive and we are thankful for your suggestions. We pride ourselves on offering the best hotel accommodations in Baton Rouge and take all concerns seriously. I apologize that the Front Desk did not inform you about our free guest passes to a nearby, full-service gym. We offer these to all of our registered guests. I have made sure they all know to offer the passes to all guests from this point forward. I have also met with our Breakfast Attendants to ensure the breakfast items remain fresh and hot at all times of the morning. One more tip for your next visit: Be sure to request a room in the back of the hotel as we always make sure those requests are honored to the best of our ability. We will be completing renovations soon and hope to have you back to take a look at our brand new Perfect Mix Lobby! Thanks again, Management

Reviewed October 20, 2011

The hotel is located on a service road just off I-10. There are a few restaurants within walking distance including a Chili’s, a Mexican restaurant and if the budget permits, a Ruth’s Chris. The service road and intersection near the Interstate can get busy during rush hour, so it can take a few extra minutes getting in and out. The hotel is less than 4 miles from the LSU campus and 11 miles from the airport. The room included a 32” or so flat screen. There’s free Wi Fi throughout which was easy to connect to. Many of the Hampton Inns I have stayed in lately including this one provide a security code that is needed to access the Wi Fi, which is good for user security. The breakfast spread was standard for the chain. While I did not hear any noise from adjacent rooms, I could hear noise from the nearby interstate. I didn’t notice it so much in the evening, but by 6 a.m. (my stay was on a weekday) you could certainly hear the traffic from the highway. That was my wake-up time so it wasn't an issue for me, but later sleepers should take note.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank H0lidayr0ad
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stay at Hampton Inns an average of 2 days per month and we love them. But, this was one of the noisest hotels we have ever stayed in. Despite the fact that we were in the back half of the hotel, I had to use ear plugs to sleep. Plus the standard $95 rate was upped to $175 due to a football game at a local university!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Platas
Reviewed October 6, 2011

If you are a light sleeper - BEWARE ! This Hampton Inn is right off of Interstate 110 and you can hear every car/truck as it drives by ! Made for a bad night's sleep. When you stay at a Hampton Inn, they are pretty consistent with what you can expect to get - so I was bummed in the morning when I went to take a shower and they failed to leave a bottle of shampoo. It's these little details which make ruin a stay. As for the staff, they are all very pleasant and friendly. The hotel is in a great location with plenty of places to eat nearby. I just wish they would have made this buidling more soundproof.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business