Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed May 13, 2009

Nice hotel for the money, rooms were great. Breakfast was good. Pool was nice. Bed was very nice and the flat screen tv is nice.

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 27, 2009

Me and my dad stayed at the Hyatt Place in Baton Rouge after a LSU Baseball and Spring Football Game! I love the room it amazing and the tv was pretty awesome also. I will stay there as much as i can and we got a great price to(deal):)))

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2009

My family met in Baton Rouge for Easter weekend, and we stayed at the Hyatt Place. It was a wonderful hotel! The decor was modern and looked really nice, and the rooms were great! They were very roomy and comfortable! I couldn't have asked for a better hotel! It was also located right across from the Mall of Louisiana, so there was something for the whol family to do as well!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 28, 2009

We were traveling to Florida from Texas and could not make the trip in one day. Stumbled across Hyatt Place never heard of it but glad to find it . We were tired, had no reservation and needed a place to sleep. The people were great and the hotel was nice for the price. loved the large tv!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2009

When I first checked in, everything appeared to be going well (despite no rooms with a king bed). Unlike some of the other reviews, the room and common areas appeared to be clean. My room appeared to be fine, with the exception of the commode. I had to jiggle the handle to stop it from running continuosly.
Again everything was going fine until in the morning, I felt something at the foot of the bed. I flipped the comforter back and discovered a sock. The problem was, the sock didn't belong to me! Immediately I became sick to my stomach because that meant the bed linen had not been changed! I immediately went down to the front desk to complain. Of course, they apologized and assured me that the bed linen would be changed (I couldn't find a hotel with a room, so I stayed.). Unfortunately when I returned back to my room later in the day, I discovered that they changed the sheets but left the pillow cases. I went back to complain and they sent a housekeeper up to change everything in my presence. Again they were apologetic and agreed to comp me for one night stay. Although they were nice, this really grossed me out. I continued my stay because I had no other choice, but I doubt very seriously if I will return here or possibly stay at any other Hyatt. This was my first time and again, probably my last!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Wow! Looks like some mixed reviews for this location. I guess I got lucky with a good experience. I stayed here probably within a week of the person below in Jan '09. My room (on the 3rd floor) was clean and acceptable. I have somewhat "high" standards, but it's just a hotel room and you've got to figure if they're doing a fair amount of business all hotels get a lot of use and abuse during the year.

Room was clean, beds were clean and well made. Bathroom was clean, but small and worked as expected.

My only complaint was brightness of some of the lights. I had to turn on many extra lights to feel as though I had enough flight to read and work when not directly at the desk.

A/C & Heat worked well. Was a cold couple of days and room stayed comfortable during my time in the room.

My only complaint about the hotel in general is SLOW ELEVATORS! One elevator wasn't working and the one that was is extremely slow. This seems to be a typical complaint I have of several Hyatt Place locations I have visited. The elevators seem to be slow to move up and down and slow to open the door once landed at your floor. I'm sure it's safety, but just a little bit faster would be nice. Especially if you only have 1 working for a 5 story hotel.

I did not eat at the hotel so cannot speak of the breakfast or grab and go snacks. Looked to be typical for most all Hyatt Place locations. That's a positive for me...you almost always know what would be available if you get the munchies.

Surrounding location is okay, but some limited restaurant options. Located close to the big mall so shopping is available close by.

If there were dirty areas they had been cleaned or not so dirty to be noticed unless you're doing a white glove inspection. I'm sure some rooms might have other issues, but on this stay at this time things seemed to be fine for me.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 9, 2009

I have stayed at the remodeled Hyatt Place for the last 8 weeks in an effort to attain point for a vaction this summer.

The hotel was the dirtiest hotel that I have ever seen. The elevators, hallway carpet, carpets in the room were filthy. The bathroom was old and the tub had permanenet stains. The towels and washcloths were stained to a horrible beige color.

During my stay in woke up in the morning to find ants covering the floor. I called the front desk 3 times to ask to send someone to at least vacuum the room so that I may get dressed. No one ever came, I took pictures and requested to speak to the manager. I then informed the manager that I would seek medical attention for the ant bites and foward the medical bill to the hotel. He stated he would take care of the bill for the night but failed to alter my room rate for the night.

Against my better judgement, I continued to stay. On one occasion my husband and myself check into the room to find the sheets were dirty and had not been changed between guests. I notified the front desk agent and she immediately apologized and exchanged rooms with me.

I then started requesting 2 beds just in case one of the beds were dirty. Good thing I did because on my next visit one of the comforters had very visible liquid stains. (Room 107).

This week's dirtiness took me over the top. The building is old and the plumbing has lot of room for improvement. As a result the toliet did not always flush properly. The toliet required plunging and the housekeeping staff cleaned the room and failed to unclog the toilet.

At this point, I just utilized the bathroom in the hallway knowing I was checking out the next day and never coming back. I am still working in Baton Rouge but I will not stay at Hyatt Place Hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank guest70816