“Hyatt hotel Baton Rouge ”

Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Cheshire Cat
“Hyatt hotel Baton Rouge ”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights on business and enjoyed my stay. The room was a good size and well equipped, the bed was really comfortable too. There was some traffic noise early morning but I expected that when I saw the location. The breakfast was good with plenty of variety and choice. The biggest asset this hotel has is the staff who were always pleasant, helpful and efficient. They also gave us some great recommendations for local restaurants which was really helpful. I would certainly stay there again if in the area.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank wyaloa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I was there for 6 days, they took my towel never returned. They come bang the door at 8 in the morning for house keeping every day and keep on banging. The couch is so old you sink in it. There is no microwave. Nice and cozy bed. Only 30 TV channels. Lots of light good views. Ample parking. Nice staff. The internet did not work for 3 out of 5 days i stayed there. If you pay $130 you want everything to be flawless which was not. It was pretty good but not up to the standards of what they charge,

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Hyatt Place hotels are all the same, GREAT rooms and GREAT concept, very nice, very comfortable, it has bar and food 24/7 and many places around the lobby to enjoy a drink or a bit of work. the rooms are really nice with separate living room. BUT in this hotel... the housekeeping lady was knocking at the door since 8am.. then she kept slamming doors of the rooms nearby, and at 11am... she gave up and start calling to my room and hanging up so i would leave the room and she could finish her work... that was really anoying..

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Hello,
I am truly sorry about your experience with our housekeeping department. Thanks for taking the time to complete this review. We will use it to better train our staff and get issues like these eliminated. I hope that you give us the chace to service you again in the future
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the Louisiana Marathon as the race hotel was sold out. It was a quick and easy drive downtown, but taking surface streets in and around the area to include The Mall of Louisiana was awful. Our room was clean and had a coffee maker, small refrigerator and sofa bed. I agree with other reviewers regarding the A/C. It never got cool enough in our room and the fan was loud. The daily hot breakfast was well stocked with a variety foods. The front desk staff was so helpful in recommending great local restaurants.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
We hope that you enjoyed the Marathon! Thanks so much for the kind words about our staff. I will be sure to share this review with them!
Coon Rapids, MN
Reviewed January 13, 2014

The pluses: Ralph and Kacoo's restaurant next door; typical layout with L shaped couch in sitting area separated from bed; hot breakfast sandwich items.
Points lost because: A/C fan does not stay on between cooling cycles resulting in very cool and then stuffy atmosphere; can keep fan on without A/C but then gets humid and under-cooled; also limited number of cable channels - significantly less than most hotels.
Traffic in area can be intense during rush hour and even other times due to mall across the street, and road patterns confusing.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Sorry for the A/C issues you experienced. We hope that you give us another chance to service you again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here in December on a cross country road trip - which actually was a tour of 6 different Hyatt Place hotels from LA - FL. This hotel offered all of the great Hyatt Place amenities - well appointed suite, free breakfast and a convenient cafe available 24 hours a day. This was a solid Hyatt Place experience- clean, comfortable and enjoyable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for this kind review! Please come back to visit us in the near future!
TEXAS
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Great stay for the price! The room is a great set up if you have kids. We had 2 beds and a separate area with a large, sectional fold out couch. The beds were comfy and breakfast was good! We stayed at this hotel on a drive from Texas to Florida and stayed at a much more expensive hotel in Baton Rouge on the way back to Texas. Honestly, we were kicking ourselves for not staying at the Hyatt Place again.

Stayed January 2014
We're very happy that you enjoyed your visit! We hope to see you again very soon!!