“Good property, terrible noise!”

Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Good property, terrible noise!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The property itself was fine. The positives: very spacious, good breakfast, clean, and a refreshing smell. The "needs improvement" areas: location near the highway was noisy as was the dump truck at 6:30 a.m. and the generator or compressor that made noise throughout the night. The sink nor the tub in our room drained very well but was remedied when we were allowed access to an empty room down the hall. Definitely not opposed to trying other Hyatt Place locations, but we'll probably not visit this one again.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katrina B
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to complete this Trip Advisor review. Sorry about the noise you experieneced. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Well trained staff. Smiles and well wishes everywhere that you turned. I really enjoyed this gem of a hotel. The breakfast sandwiches are a nice change up from the standard breakfast offerings.The rooms were clean , comfortable and well laid out. The call from the front desk to ask me if a I had a good stay, was a very nice touch. I will be sure to check into Hyatt Place, the next time I have business in Baton Rouge.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Thank You so much for your kind response! We hope that you come back to visit Baton Rouge very soon. Happy Holidays!!
Katy, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Never stayed at a Hyatt Place before however will consider on my next travel. Room was clean and quiet, bed was comfortable, and plenty of lights everywhere. Starbucks, bar service, food to go, breakfast in the morning, and more. Best middle of the road hotel I have found in Baton Rouge so far.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank J Michael Z
Thank You for your response. We hope to see you again very soon!
Kentucky
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The typical Hyatt Place and OK overall, with a couple of exceptions. The door to my room (125) was very difficult to close and since I was traveling alone, I considered that a problem. The key reader on the exterior door closest to me didn't work during my two-night stay, though the front desk staff tried to fix it twice. The staff member I called very quickly came to my room and fixed my TV...apparently they have cable issues from time to time. As others have indicated, the staff is top-notch!

If you've never stayed at a Hyatt Place before, there are pros and cons. Decor is above-average and contemporary, and rooms are much larger than typical and include a sitting area and kitchenette. The downside is the size of the bathroom....the ones I've stayed in include a typical tub/shower combination and there is just enough room to close the bathroom door past the front of the toilet. There is, however, a large vanity area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your kind words about our staff! I will be sure to share this with them
Palmetto, Florida
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Absolute best staff ever. Front desk, housekeeping went out of their way to be helpful and efficient. Excellent breakfast. Traffic is difficult around the Mall of Louisiana but this was easy-in and easy out.. We stayed here and then drove over to the L’Auberge Casino which was a few miles away but an easy ride directly to the Mississippi.

However, the Hyatt is not in a picturesque location.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RubyBook
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out this Trip Advisor response. We truly appreciate the kind words about our staff. We take great pride in the happiness of our guest! I will be sure to share your great feedback! We look forward to you visiting Baton Rouge again in the near future
Aguadilla
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My 5 day stay was amazing! I am happy with this choice as I was close to all I needed and the facilities fit my every need. Everyday I went in and out of the hotel the clean, fresh aroma made my day special. The staff so very helpful and always available. This was my first time in Baton Rouge and staying here made it so much better. The room very clean and comfortable made our stay all worth while.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Baton Rouge. Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope that you visit us again in the near future.
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This was our 1st stay at Hyatt Place & it was excellent. The Staff are friendly & helpful. Check in & out was very easy. We booked thru Hotels.com & saved about $30 off of the price of our room. The hotel is modern & clean. Our room was spacious. There was a sofa & desk area with a sink & mini fridge. The room was very nice. The bathtub/toilet area was dark & could have been lighted better, along with a more sturdy shower curtain - other than that, we had no complaints. My girls swam in the pool which was very clean. There was plenty of seating in the pool area. The hotel offers a free continental breakfast in the morning which was excellent & way more than we expected as far as food selections go.

The hotel is right across the street from the Mall of Louisiana & many chain restaurants (Red Lobster, Cheesecake Bistro, Logan's Roadhouse) & right Next Door to the hotel is Ralph & Kacoo's Seafood Restaurant-which I HIGHLY recommend - it's one of our favorite restaurants to go to in Baton Rouge!

The hotel is located right off of the Interstate & made it very easy to get where we needed to go.

We would definitely stay here again, especially for the excellent price that we received.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family