“Stench in our room”

Ranked #16 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
San Antonio, Texas
“Stench in our room”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling home from Florida and spent a night here. The hotel was fine except for the horrible stale urine odor in our room. The staff offered to move us to another room, but on a different floor. There were 4 of us in the room and some had already unpacked their things so we decided to stick it out. They gave me room deodorizer, and it helped temporarily. My advice is to always preview the room before hauling everything up there, especially if you're visiting a hotel for the first time. If you are a breakfast person, they did have a nice complementary breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hello I do apologize for the problems you experienced during your visit. I hope that you give us a chance to make it right when you visit Baton Rouge again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lake Charles
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The front desk was excellent, Not to mention Ms. Fran is Beautiful. She is very Professsinal an I would stay their again for that reason alone.
Over all the Hotel is a 8 1/2 out of 10 in my book.
The Staff is a 10.
Marvin

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Gary_Jupiter, General Manager at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Baton Rouge. Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel staff. We hope that you visit us again in the near future.
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this location 4 nights. the morning I got ready to leave I put my suitcase on the bed and there were ANTS EVERYWHERE !!!!!!!!! I thought It was something on the bottom of my suitcase but it wasn't. I look on the ground ( the carpet is dark ) and it had ants EVERYWHERE!!!!! after further investigating I found out they were coming from a corner over by the air conditioner, there was an old piece of food or foam or something that had ANTS all over it!!! So all this time, I'm thinking I'm safe changing clothes, walking around with no shoes, and there are ants all over the floor. I called house keeping and they just said ok, they will clean it once I leave. I had to ask what they were going to do about it, I had to ask for large black trash bags to put my things in, ants were everywhere, Shoes, clothes etc!! I had to shake everything out because I didn't want to take ants back home with me. ---- other than this the hotel is ok. the workout room wasn't to good. I only used it once they had no weight machines or anything. the pool didn't open till 10am and closed at 10pm. but the workers were really nice....

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank cmtrice
Gary_Jupiter, Owner at Hyatt Place Baton Rouge/I-10, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. My deepest apologies for the inconvenience due to the ants in your room. We had the room professionally treated immediately to make sure they were eliminated

Once again, thank you for your thoughtful comments. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.
Haskell, Arkansas
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked this place last minute. We were greeted when we walked in the door by Laura. She was great in showing us around. The hotel was clean and much more than we expected. Breakfast was free and had a wide range of selection. Would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this Trip Advisor review regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Place Baton Rouge. Thanks so much for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope that you visit us again in the near future.
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I can't believe this is a Hyatt Hotel as after staying at Hyatt's around the world, this was the worst by far. First, the noise from the highway nearby is unbelievably loud so a good nights sleep was impossible. Second, the rooms are air conditioned by a unit under the window which was imcredibly loud.

Overall cleanliness feels low: The sheets on the bed are stained and the room generally speaking is very worn. The smell in the hallways is noticeably and is like a few windows should be opened and the carpets replaced.

The only thing preventing a lower rating was the staff as they were warm and friendly. Breakfast was pretty good.

I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: stay on the side away from the freeway.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ron H
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

I'm a big fan of the Hyatt Place. Big rooms with ample space for people and luggage. I wish the AC unit could be centered between the bedroom and living tool, but that's my only nitpick. The size of the rooms are the real selling point. The breakfast is good for the rate paid. We commuted downtown every day and it was only 10-15 minutes at the most. I have to give the morning staff high marks because not only are they running the front desk, but also the breakfast. There are restaurants and a big mall across the street if you need to kill any time. All of the extra power outlets and TV inputs are also a great help.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank MLNC
South Carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This is a great choice for a visit to Baton Rouge, whether business or pleasure. The hotel offers great proximity to the mall and many corporations. The customer service at the hotel is great. I could not have had a better experience. Mr. Al and the staff make you feel right at home. They greeted 25 of us at the door each day as though we were family. Breakfast is served each morning complimentary and the coffee is hot and free, someone else proclaimed 'just like the men', not my words. Really, the rooms were the highlight. Many of us had never stayed at the Hyatt Place and was pleasantly surprised at the size and the comfort of the rooms. All rooms had a couch, a huge tv and a refrigerator. Overall, great stay!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business