All reviews chase suites full bathrooms bedroom suite home away from home customer service was great basketball court felt like home front desk clerk hot breakfast free breakfast enjoyed my stay the entire staff waffles fireplace cole dishwasher gm
Reviewed October 15, 2018

Cleanliness of hotel not up to par! It was an awesome set up! Furniture and hotel front desk was awesome! However the cleaning crew didn’t carry out their duties to their full ability! This should be stressed to those who clean the rooms!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank bdavenport2015
JamesG6236, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2018

We appreciate your honest feedback and will use this to improve our housekeeping department. Please contact us directly if you would like to discuss this further.

Reviewed October 13, 2018

I really wanted to like this place. I have a lot of friends in the BTR area and this place has more room than a standard hotel. BUT there are so many little things that need attention: 1) Management, 2) Maintenance, & 3) Maids. This is obviously an OLD apartment complex, like late 70's early 80's. And there are a lot of maintenance issues that reflect that age.

My first contact was I'm flying into BTR through a hurricane to go to a funeral and I get a call wanting to know when I'm going to be there. You have a night desk for a reason!

I get there and have to wait for them to unlock the front door to get to the registration desk. It was like 11:45 pm. If it's that bad a neighborhood, I don't want to stay here anyway! Then she wants me to sign a sheet "acknowledging the rate" which isn't the rate I paid. Hum, I don't understand and I used to work the front desk of a hotel while in college.

It stinks outside like a paper processing plant and I ask if there is a plant in the area. "I don't know, I'm only the night person." Do the manufacturing plants move during the day???

I climb the stairs to the 2nd floor on steps that need to be replaced because they sag in the middle and slant forward badly. I get in the room, and go to get a drink of water and the water stinks like a processing plant. Oh, and let me add that someone had thrown coffee into the sink and the sink hadn't been cleaned with a dirty spoon sitting in it. I called the office and she offered to move me but by this point it's like 12;30 and I'm exhausted. So I slept there and said I'd move in the morning. Very comfortable bed I will note.

But the curtains were so narrow that they didn't really cover the windows so they all had gaps either in the middle or at the edges. I stared at the traffic light all night from the bed. And that leads to one of the major problems: this complex is on a very busy street with the original 1980 windows. I was up at 5:15 from all the traffic noise which could be easily fixed with some interior sound dampening inserts in the windows.

One reason I wanted to stay here is they have a hot tub and pool. But it's only open from 10-10 and guess what, the heater doesn't work so the hot tub doesn't get hot. They claim it's a heated pool too and it wasn't very warm either; maybe it's the same issue. IDK, but the jets didn't even work in the hot tub.

I needed to work while in town so the other reason I picked this place was it had free wifi. Oh, but guess what that was iffy too. Sometimes it was on; others not.

Oh, and don't shut the closet door. You will never get it open because they took all the door knobs off the folding doors.

After the funeral, went back to my room, and there's water all over the kitchen counter. I haven't even used the kitchen sink, so it appears to have come from the ceiling above. I called the front desk to inform them that they probably have a water leak. She says she will send maintenance over. He uses his own key and JUST WALKS IN. No knock, no announcement -- Nothing. And he's a big black man. I was so shocked. I was getting ready to change out of my nice clothes. Good thing I hadn't. I didn't make a big deal about it but I'm thinking, for his own good, he needs to learn some etiquette. That's a great way to get accused of something, walking into a woman's hotel room without being invited. Not a good idea.

As far as the maids, not only was there coffee and a dirty spoon in the sink. But there were no extra linens or a pillow case on the extra pillow. There was no garbage can in the bathroom, sink area, bedroom, desk area, or living room. I finally found 2 under the kitchen sink as I was getting ready to leave. How lazy can you get? You can't be bothered to put it back where it belongs after you empty it?

So I understand that this property was a January purchase (9 months ago) for Cloverleaf. It used to be Chase Suites. And they said they have been working hard to clean up and improve the property. I don't think that excuses the attitudes of the workers there so still probably wouldn't recommend it or stay there again.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
JamesG6236, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

We do sincerely apologize for the multiple challenges you had during your stay. We completely understand how a cascade of failures can culminate in a poor experience as you described here and would like to make it up to you. Please call us directly to discuss your challenges and give us a second chance to offer you the excellent guest experience you so rightly deserve.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Room are retro style and very nice. Full comp breakfast. I loved my stay and the staff was a 10 when it came to customer service. I will use this location each time I travel to Baton Rouge. Rates were very good to.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JamesG6236, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2018

Thanks so much for your positive feedback Mr. Johnson.

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

Horrible hotel from housekeeping to the GM the beds were nasty they had no extra linen to change it also someone in the housekeeping stole my sons PS4 then the gm Jim lied and said housekeeping never entered the room but then he turned around and said it took a hour and a half to clench just horrible but I will be sending pictures to the BBB since I couldn't get anything resolved with the rude unfriendly GM..

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
JamesG6236, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2018

Good Afternoon. Any personal items found in our guests' rooms after checkout are turned into our lost and found department in Housekeeping. We have checked the lost and found inventory and have not found the misplaced item you mentioned here. We hope you find the item soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

We stayed the night on the way to Virginia. Check in was smooth although the lady Arin or Erin wasn’t as friendly. The room was quiet, clean, and comfortable. We didn’t have hot water, which would have been nice for cleaning my 4month year olds bottles, or to shower. The a/c went out during the night. It was humid from the rain, but we just left the blankets off. Check out wasn’t as friendly the same as check in. Guess I’m used to more hospitality in hotels/suites. Overall not the worst we’ve stayed at.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
James G, General Manager at Cloverleaf Suites Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

Good Morning Janice.

We sincerely apologize for the challenges you experienced concerning the hot water and air conditioning failures. We are undergoing a major renovation and have encountered unexpected challenges to our physical infrastructure along the way. We are extremely concerned and sorry for the poor service you received at the Front Desk and will take immediate action to ensure that this does not happen again. Poor customer service is not our normal way of doing business and we appreciate the feedback you have afforded us. We wanted to contact you personally but cannot locate a reservation under your name. Please feel free to call us directly and ask for the General Manager. We would love the opportunity to make this challenge right for you and discuss your experience further.