“Relaxing stay.”

Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Lake Ozark, Missouri
“Relaxing stay.”
Reviewed May 12, 2010

This hotel was a great stopping point on my way to vacation. The staff is very friendly and were able to answer all of my questions. There are several great restaurants nearby and then we were able to get a filling breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel before getting back on the road.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank patrickrose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed April 28, 2010

If you are going to Baton Rouge for pleasure or business do not stay here unless you have too. It is way overpriced for what you receive. It is extremely outdated and needs major improvement. The beds are extremely uncomfortable and need to be replaced. Apart from 2 restaurants, there is nothing else in the area. And to top it off the customer service is horrible, from the people at the front desk to the managers. On multiple occasions, I asked to speak with the manager about a problem and was told that a manager was not on duty. But, I later found out that a manager is at the hotel everyday from 7 am-11pm. The people that work at the hotel are flat out liars, and go out of there way not too help you.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nola915
Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2010

Stayed here for a dance convention that was taking place at this hotel. The hotel seems somewhat run down. It did not feel clean at all. Except for the fitness center. It was very nice. The elevators were a joke. Very, very small. We were lucky enough to be on the 2nd floor so we used the stairs. The freeway was quite noisy. Would not have stayed here if it weren't for the convenience of the dance convention. If you are staying for personal travel, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank mom23ingt
Austin, TX
Reviewed January 21, 2010

We had an excellent room with a new walk in shower, large flat panel tv, and the bed is AMAZING - quite possibly the best sleep I've ever had at a hotel. The hotel staff was very accommodating as well.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank posh3784
Dallas, TX
Reviewed December 7, 2009

When I checked into my room on Saturday, I noticed that there was alot of activity in the hotel; i.e. weddings and a fraternity party. When I returned around 11:30 pm, my key card no longer worked. I went down and after showing I.D., they reset my key. When I got to my room, it was extremely noisy. My neighbor had SCREAMING child. I called down to the desk for a pair of ear plugs. They said they would bring me a pair, but, they never came with them. Someone started banging on my neighbors door at 2 am. It was so loud that someone down stairs called the front desk. I heard him the the hall teling the guy that he had to stop banging on the door. I ended up sleeping with toilet paper in my ears, but, still only got a couple hours of sleep. The next night, my key card once again did not work. I went to the front desk and WITHOUT asking for I.D., the guy reset my key. What if that had been soneone else and either robbed me or waited for me and raped and/or killed me. That REALLY upset me. I went to brush my teeth and found out I had NO water. I called the front desk and all they said was that there would be no water until 5 am. NO WARNING or explanation. They did bring me COLD water to wash my face and brush my teeth. This is all VERY unexceptable. I will NEVER stay there again!!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza using a gift certificate, so for 2 free nights, I would say it was ok. I probably would not book a room at this hotel knowing that I would be paying for it- I would think there would be much nicer rooms for the same or better price in the area. We stayed in a standard double room, and for 4 people it was a tight space. The bathroom was not roomy at all. Parts of the room and bathroom were very dated and could use a good cleaning and some updates. The hotel grounds and lobby area were nice and elegant, the staff was pleasant. Positive notes: the beds were comfy and the linens were good, nice flat screen TV.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
New Orleans
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Check-in went smoothly. We arrived with about an hour to kill, and were very hungry. We decided to order room service. An hour later, my in-laws arrived to pick us up and we still hadn't recieved our order. When I called to cancel they said it was on it's way up to the room. Now I've worked room service in a hotel, and when it still hadn't gotten to room 15 minutes later, I knew they had BS'd us when I called. It finally arrived, raw in the middle. The delivery person appologized, stating that there was a banquet function, and The kitchen staff had forgotten to cook my order. A little too much information. We were at least a half hour late leaving and still hungry. We only stayed one night, which went OK. The beds at a Crowne Plaza are usually very comfortable, and this location is no exception. Check out went smoothly as well, but we were delayed leaving yet again, because the valet lost my keys. He looked for them for about 20 minutes, then simply said, sorry, I cant find them. I told him that wasn't an option, and after another 10 minutes they miraculously appeared. The actually property is nice, but the service needs vast improvement.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple