Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge
Ranked #32 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed November 15, 2009

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza using a gift certificate, so for 2 free nights, I would say it was ok. I probably would not book a room at this hotel knowing that I would be paying for it- I would think there would be much nicer rooms for the same or better price in the area. We stayed in a standard double room, and for 4 people it was a tight space. The bathroom was not roomy at all. Parts of the room and bathroom were very dated and could use a good cleaning and some updates. The hotel grounds and lobby area were nice and elegant, the staff was pleasant. Positive notes: the beds were comfy and the linens were good, nice flat screen TV.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge

Reviewed October 8, 2009

Check-in went smoothly. We arrived with about an hour to kill, and were very hungry. We decided to order room service. An hour later, my in-laws arrived to pick us up and we still hadn't recieved our order. When I called to cancel they said it was on it's way up to the room. Now I've worked room service in a hotel, and when it still hadn't gotten to room 15 minutes later, I knew they had BS'd us when I called. It finally arrived, raw in the middle. The delivery person appologized, stating that there was a banquet function, and The kitchen staff had forgotten to cook my order. A little too much information. We were at least a half hour late leaving and still hungry. We only stayed one night, which went OK. The beds at a Crowne Plaza are usually very comfortable, and this location is no exception. Check out went smoothly as well, but we were delayed leaving yet again, because the valet lost my keys. He looked for them for about 20 minutes, then simply said, sorry, I cant find them. I told him that wasn't an option, and after another 10 minutes they miraculously appeared. The actually property is nice, but the service needs vast improvement.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

This hotel is a pretty average Crowne Plaza. Stayed here while on business and really had no complaints except that one of my colleagues found a DEAD RAT in her room beneath the air conditioning unit upon check-in. I don't think I need to say more, but in case you are still considering it... Only other complaint is that we checked in at earliest possible check-in time and already they were out of microwaves so I could not have one brought to my room. They provide a microwave downstairs 24 hours a day.

It is located right off of highway. Limited dining options within walking distance: Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Ninfa's Mexican, Chili's, and IHOP. There is also a lounge in the hotel but I did not go to it. Brand new Holiday Inn next door has a small sports bar attached and is reasonable.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 3, 2009

The Crowne Plaza showed true southern hospitality. Every employee I encountered was very friendly and helpful. My room was very clean, i love ipod docking station, the bed was sooooo comfortable. they also included a lavendar spray for relaxation, and a clip on the curtain to keep out any light. there was also a huge flat screen tv, the breakfast buffet was also nice.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ellesouris
Reviewed February 19, 2009

Stayed here for two nights. This hotel is close to I-10 so it is convenient to the freeway. Was given room 337 which is in the front of the hotel with the freeway right past the parking lot. When I arrived in the room there was a little "goodie" bag with a pair of ear plugs, an eye mask and a bottle of air freshener. I though that it was a nice gesture. However, I needed the ear plugs. It sounded like the freeway was running through my room all night. The air conditioner was also loud and woke me up everytime it came on when I was able to doze off even with the loud noise of the freeway. HORRIBLE NIGHT. I did not check on the alarm clock before I went to bed and the alarm went off at 5:30AM. I have never had such bad night's sleep at a hotel. Even tho the bed was comfortable - the air conditioner was horribly loud and the freeway noise was terrible. I asked for another room across the hall and was given room 336. It took me four trips to the front desk to finally get the keys straight. Although this room did not have the freeway noise, the air conditioner was still loud. This is an old er hotel that has had updates and needs more...

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank bandit
Reviewed May 10, 2008

My 2nd stay at this hotel... Same $4.95 fee per room, same close to be a problem-free stay but didn't make it. The only REAL problems were the $4.95 phantom charge I had to call to get taken off last time. There was an outlet that sparked when you tried to use it which we were told by maintenance to just not use that one anymore. The last problem was the bathroom light came on one in 3 or 5 or 10 attempts of turning it on. Somewhere there was a short and for the most part it worked but just kinda a pain when you are paying these prices to not have a light work in the bathroom.

Oh yeah, front desk staff first told us the maintenance guys were gone for the day so we could complain to someone tomorrow. Then they said we could get another room tomorrow. When we told them we were only staying one night they finally indicated they were unhappy but would find someone to check out the problem. Most

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank jagdog
Reviewed March 4, 2008

After reading the reviews of this hotel, I was very concerned about my upcoming conference. However, after my stay I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was not at all how described in the previous comments.

The elevators were clean (actually one was shut down for cleaning) and there was no smell besides the odor from the Mexican restaurant next door.

My room was nice. The bed was actually very comfortable. There was new furniture, carpet and curtains in my room.

The only issue was that my reservation was incorrect at checkin. They had my reservation for a smoking room. The front desk was very nice and took care of this issue. They searched and found a non-smoking room to be checked into.

My stay was short, but very pleasant.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Rock6309