“Confusing experience”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge
Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Let me say that this is the hardest review I have ever written on a hotel. The pros: The room is nice and clean, well appointed with whatever amenities you could want. The bed, oh, the bed is the reason to stay here. I wish I could take the mattress home with me; it was that comfortable. The staff were very nice and accommodating. I liked that there was literally a melting pot of nationalities. The young lady that waited on me in the restaurant was from the Ukraine and had a charming accent. I was able to turn on the air conditioning even though it was winter and cool outside. All of the food that I ate at the Crowne Plaza was very good. The cons: The biggest con was that my room faced to the inside of the building and when I drew back my curtain, I was looking at shutters. It was awful - and noisy. The room was noisy. That wonderful bed had the most awful blanket on it, rough and weird. The toilet ran for about five minutes after being flushed, and at times I could hear a noise that sounded like a chain saw, but I never found the origin of this noise. The internet was spotty. Sometimes it worked great and sometimes it would throw you off without any reason. I was scheduled for two nights and called and canceled the second night - until I lay in the bed. I changed my mind and stayed and put up with the irritations. So it was a love-hate thing. Mainly, I hated that indoor feeling without being able to look out the window. I have stayed at the Crowne Plaza before and did not have this kind of room so they're not all like that. Will I come back? Since we have many of our meetings here, I'm sure I will. But if I had another choice and I knew I would have the same room, no, I don't think so. I'm not sure this review will help since it is so contradictory, but this is just the kind of experience that I have had.

Room Tip: If you can get on the concierge level, that is the way to go!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Thank you for your appreciated feedback and may I apologize that your stay was not the 5 star that we strive for. I will absolutely pass on your comments to the relevant personnel so that steps may be taken to make improvements with the noises, internet and blankets you mentioned.

We are very pleased however that you had a good nights sleep and found our team accommodating and friendly. We do hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in future. Thank you!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had heard good things about the Crowne Plaza New Year's Eve party but still was surprised with how well the event went off. Check in was a breeze, the dinner and desserts were amazing, the bands were great, nice hotel room and everyone was having a blast. I'm already looking forward to next year!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

We're delighted that you enjoyed your time with us at the New Year's Eve party. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon. Happy 2014!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed here for the New Year's Eve celebration and had a great time. The tickets were about $300 per couple for cocktails at arrival, dinner, dessert, all the liquor you could drink, a nice room, breakfast after the concert, a concert with 3 bands, and then breakfast on Jan 1.

Room Tip: away from interstate
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Michael, We're so happy you had a fun New Year's Eve with us! We appreciate you leaving your feedback and we hope you join us again next year. Thanks!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed here for the NYE festivities. We had the best time! We booked a table for the event early & got an amazing table. In the package we received our table, entertainment (3 bands, although there should have only been the Chase Tyler Band because the other two were not very good), OPEN BAR (incredible wait staff!) dinner buffet, dessert buffet, late night breakfast buffet & our room for the night. Oh & a bottle of champagne. It was amazing! Everything u could have wanted or needed was covered. Check in was a breeze, due to the 4 check in lines organized by ur last name. Rooms where comfortable & roomy. Will definitely book here again for NY but also for just a night away.

• Stayed: December 2013
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for your incredible review! We greatly appreciate everyone who made this New Year's Eve special, and that includes our guests! We're so happy you had such a wonderful night and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Nice and clean, average rooms, very friendly bartender who has a knack for remembering your name. a couple restaurants withing walking distance. nice fitness center. Highway on one side and an nice neighborhood on the backside, safe enough to go jogging.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you very much for leaving your comments on TripAdvisor! We are so glad you enjoyed our personalized service, fitness center and location. We know how important these are when traveling away from home. Next time you find yourself in Baton Rouge, please come visit us again!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel on 3 separate occasions ( and stayed on 3 different floors) while serving on the planning committee for a conference. Overall the hotel was basically nice. Business services and meeting facilities were excellent. However, the rooms left a little to be desired. My advice is to always opt for the 5th floor (concierge level) when possible as these rooms are appointed slightly better than others (no fridge though). My second choice would be the 4th floor. Please avoid other floors if at all possible. My personal favorite highlight of this property is the gym/fitness center. It was a lot more spacious than I expected and not very busy.

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th & 5th floors are a little nicer than others
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review on TripAdvisor. It's always nice to read a review from a guest who has had many stays with us and can give an overall review. We will work on improving our lower level rooms to match the quality that our guests expect. Thank you again for staying with us and please note that we will use your comments to improve.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Hotel staff were very good & friendly. Room was a good size and had a large flat screen TV, wireless internet, hair dryer, coffee maker, iron & board. The bed was very comfortable. However, the patio door did not seal effectively and the cold and the noise from the freeway easily entered the room. Because of this, I give it a 3 star instead of what should have been a +4 star.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the freeway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
hotelstaff1234, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thank you for leaving your feedback for us. We're pleased you had a pleasant stay and enjoyed the beds, rooms and all that comes with it. We apologize that your door didn't close properly but if you call the hotel and leave us your room number we would be happy to fix the problem for future guests. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again.