Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Morrisville, North Carolina
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

The Baton Rouge Crowne plaza has been home to me for days at a time due to business travel from the months of January - May of 2013. The amenities there are incredible. The food is prepared really well for the buffets and the room service is quick and the amount of food that you get is well worth the price. The washer and dryer for guest comes in handy and the workout facility is great.
The entire staff from the front desk to house keeping is incredibly nice and professional. The workout facility is great for a hotel. There are always conferences or events going on at this hotel and the staff handles it all so well. I would highly recommend this hotel for a conference or just a visit to the Baton Rouge. It is close to some great shopping areas and LSU.

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Scott M, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are proud of our hotel and our staff. We appreciate you taking the time to praise our staff and hotel. We look for to opportunity of taking care you and your conference again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 2, 2013

The Baton Rouge Crowne Plaza is located near the interstate exit where there is quite a few restaurants that are in walking distance. My boyfriend and I stayed here two nights and our king bed was very comfortable. Our room overlooked the pool and had a mini fridge. The walls seem very thin, or other guests were just noisy. I could hear people talking as they walked down the hall. I cranked the a/c just to drown out the people in the hall. This hotel recognizes Priority Club members by giving them bottles of water. When we checked in, I asked the bellhop for a luggage cart. He said he couldn't give me one because some of them went missing. So he had to come to the car where we unloaded our luggage and escort us back to our room. On checkout day, we had our hands full and didn't bother with a bellhop and cart. It would have been nice for the hotel to just have carts available for their hotel guests for self service. The television didn't have a very clear picture and the sound was different on each channel. So I would switch channels and one would be very loud, the next very quiet. Didn't encounter any problems with the wireless internet. Overall nice place to stay that's centrally located.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The concierge has some of the very best staff. They have the best gym I have ever seen in a hotel. It has been a great experience. They have lots of great restaurants close by so it is in a great location. I will be looking forward to my next stay

• Stayed April 2013
Scott M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a wonderful review. Our concierge staff does a remarkable job taking care of all our guests and making them feel welcomed. The added extra of our gym is indeed a benefit. We looking forward to taking care of you again soon.

Seattle WA
Reviewed April 21, 2013

When other Priceline bidders write about the occasional bum room they get stuck with, I wondered if my turn would come. It did last night.

Room 234 for $79 bid (incl tax) had a full width window completely obstructed by a wood louver. Peeking through the slats I could see a 2 story hallway in their function room wing. The HVAC thru-wall unit was circulating indoor air from the corridor and not the outdoors. (See my pictures). I did not think this would meet occupancy building codes.

Upon arrival into the room, I collapsed from fatigue and did not think to gather my things back up, go to the front desk, and ask for a new room with daylight. The next morning when I checked out, I brought up how poor the window was, and they apologized and said I should have come back downstairs to get a new room.

The desk clerk needs to notify people they are getting one of these rooms (there are several) vs. sneaking it. The young man seemed pretty sharp, experienced; I was respectful and did nothing to deserve such a lame set up, other than get a deal on Priceline. It was finally “my turn”, I guess!

In other respects, the room was okay, more like 2 stars than 3. Having just stayed at a Crowne Plaza in Alexandria VA, this one was showing its age, had many 80’s finishes and design, and truly a major step down considering it’s sharing the same name.

Location is immediately next to the roaring state # 10 freeway. Many stores and restaurants are close by, (and PENTHOUSE strip joint). The outdoor pool is minuscule.

Oh, and the flat screen TV was never sharp focus. They must not pay for HD. Coffee maker was not working, either.

As you can tell by the tone of this, I would never return, and did not linger at all.

Room Tip: Do not accept any rooms on the 2nd floor with a fully blocked window, such as 234.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Scott M, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry you felt like you were treated differently because you had a Priceline reservation. We treat all our guests with same level of hospitality and appreciation. We have replaced the coffee maker and the hotel soon will be converting to HD signal for better quality TV reception. We hope you give us another chance to change your perception of our hotel.

San Diego, California
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I did a 3-night stay at this property while working with a client. The hotel appears to have been renovated in recent years. I had a good experience.

Staff I encountered were well-trained and helpful. Housekeeping and convention staff were friendly.

The gym is excellent. Well-equipped. You will get a $4.95 charge to your final bill for every entry however which is not explained anywhere and is not clear on the final bill.

I had a little niggle with their in-room coffee service. You've got to pull the entire thing out of the armoire and there's not a convenient place to plug in the coffeemaker in the bathroom. The in-room fridge is appreciated.

There were several conventions using the property during my stay but the infrastructure handles it and I didn't notice any deterioration of service.

Overall a very good experience vs. other Baton Rouge alternatives. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get above the third floor. Lighter. I had a room that looked out onto the convention center r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We appreciate you acknowledging our friendly staff and nice accommodations. We are proud of our 3,000 square foot well-equipped gym! Thank you for staying at the Crowne Plaza Executive Center and we hope to see you again soon!

Sincerly,
Trumann, Arkansas
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This Crowne Plazza is beautiful, most friendly, and most of all, PROFESSIONAL. The dining, while north of just good, is so much enhanced by the staff service, attitude and congeniality.

I LOVE IT, AND I stay in IHG FACILITIES NOT NEARLY SO WELL PREPARED.

Room Tip: Suites are well worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review. We love to hear when we have exceeded expectations. I will be sure to pass this review on to our restaurant and kitchen staff. Excellent customer service is the Crowne Plaza Executive Center's top priority and we are glad to know we provided that level of service on your recent stay with. We look forward to you staying with us again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I travel for work and spend half the month in hotels. This hotel has the most impressive gym I've seen. Several hundred square feet with at least 40+ machines and dozens of TVs. The attached restaurant serves huge portions at reasonable prices

• Stayed March 2013