“Comfortable beds and clean room.”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge
Ranked #33 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed here for a convention. We made RSVP months in advance and asked for room with mini fridge and microwave and adjoining rooms with no problem. The room was clean with fresh comfortable beds. The only prob with the room is that there was mold growing in the bottom of the ice bucket and no bag left to line the bucket. The pool area was very nice. The staff were friendly and were speedy to answer any of our requests. The elevator area and convention area needs a good spring cleaning. Our rooms faced the interstate and we heard the traffic all night.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from interstate.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear AnnfromBR,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am pleased you were satisfied with the level of service you received from our staff as well as the pool area. My apologies for the disappointment you had with your room accommodations. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Upon arrival the staff was very unfriendly. They don't smile, which is surprising. Check in was easy but the counter attendant's accent was so thick and she spoke so fast that I couldn't understand her and had too keep asking her to repeat herself. While taking the elevator to our room we noticed the carpeting in the elevator was filthy. It simply needs to be replaced. Period. The room was where we requested and had a nice view as we requested but unfortunately the pool needed upkeep. You could see what appears to be stains at the bottom. It was not inviting. The room was pleasantly decorated. The bathroom was small but functional. They did have this weird counter in the bathroom that did not extend from wall to wall which would easily allow you to drop something between the cracks and not notice. We found a bar of soap. The bottom shelf had a layer if dust that about an inch thick. Yuck. This gives the impression they do not clean the room. Nice iron and adequate ironing board. Ample size closet. Mini fridge under the television is convenient. A manager on duty came and gave us a nice letter with two delicious cookies. My name was misspelled on the letter. I tried to correct it with the front desk twice but each time I was told I would have to go online to do it. I told them I was afraid it would affect the billing but they assured me my name had nothing to do with the billing. Odd statement but what do I know. The food in the grill was excellent. No complaints there at all except we had to request beverages several times. They appeared to be understaffed. Hotel location not the best part if town but very convenient to just about everything. Checkout was weird. They placed a 4.95 service charge on my bill for each night with no explanation. They explained this was for local and long distance charges as well as a gym, which I never saw. They did remove the charges but did tell me I would have to come to the front desk to get a new invoice. I went and again the staff very unfriendly and again no smiles. They almost leer at you. The cleaning staff, however, were very friendly. More than likely we won't stay again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank BabyLyle
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Dear BabyLyle,

We certainly appreciate you leaving a review of our hotel. I am glad that our location suited your needs. However, I do apologize for he unusual service your received from our staff. We are looking into this and will be coordinating with the appropriate parties. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make it right.

Irish V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked this party about 3:00pm on New Years Eve day, and we got in on a cancellation! We were very excited. $298.99 (which with tax was $341) covered dinner, an OPEN bar, a great party atmosphere (LSU game was on, lights were bright/dim enough, there was a fairly large dance floor, there were 3 live bands) and the room! We were very satisfied not to have to face traffic or hailing a cab at 2AM. Felt safe. Our drink server, Wael, was very attentive and friendly. The only thing I wish was that there had been salt and pepper on the guest tables. I didn't look hard, but I don't think it was even on the serving tables. Dessert was AMAZING! Wide selection of main meal and sweets. We would definitely do this again next year. I'll remember to reserve early so we can get the breakfast and champagne included for free!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kayleigh D
Reviewed December 18, 2012

When you book your room make sure you don't book the Guest Room if you are needing a minifridge and microwave. When booked son's room for his dad's funeral I didn't realize that his room didn't include this and he was there with 3 yr old and 1 yr old. Very hard on them. When my husband & I had stayed we had gotten the suite unknowingly that there was this difference. Very clean, very convenient, very comfortable, fantastic customer service. Probably the best customer service in Baton Rouge. Hop on and hop off Interstate. Beds sleep soooo good. I'm a clean freak and never felt uncomfortable touching anything.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank frenchie2001
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed at this hotel last night while in Baton Rouge on business. The room, service and amenities were great and the location was good for me being near the Corporate Drive area. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff. I will definitely stay there again. The 200-character minimum for reviews on this site is kind of silly, as I did not need to say that much for this review.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jturansky
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed here October 30th & 31st while we were in town visiting the 13th gate and Necropolis. Our room was clean and comfortable however it was a bit noisy since our room faced the interstate, traffic could get really loud. My only other complaint was the coffee machine and the coffee. There is no way to make the coffee without pulling the 1st drawer out and placing the coffee pot in the top drawer in order to have room to assemble it. The coffee was also very bitter so we ended up chucking it and going to Starbucks. I would stay there again only I would request a room on the side of hotel away from interstate.

Room Tip: Choose a room AWAY from the interstate.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank txartistgirl74
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

This is a preferred location for our company. It is a solid very good hotel. I reserve excellent rating for other cities. Great bedding at the Crown. Had a great nights sleep. Very good customer service.

• Stayed: November 2012