Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Miami, Florida
“Pet Friendly”
Reviewed January 10, 2008

The hotel is pet friendly and the fees are very low ($25) compared to the Marriott ($75). The reception area had doggie treats available for the pets (both cats and dogs). The cleanliness of the hotel is questionable. One of the elevators smelled horrible, like it hasn't been cleaned in ages. Response time for services is slow. We asked for toliet paper and never received any, ended up waiting the following morning. Also the TV remote battery was bad, asked for replacement batteies and never received any. The only great thing about this place is that its pet-friendly.

Stayed January 2008
1 Thank optimistic15

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Louisiana
Reviewed October 6, 2007

I totally agree with the posting in the blog about the how clean the place is. My room had a smell along with the hall. Linens on the bed were fine, but the walls were dirty along with electric outlets, etc. Also it was strange that the GM of the hotel is checking in guest.s I asked a couple of hotel employees and they told me that it was in fact the GM and all he wants to do per them is work the desk. I believe he needs to inspect rooms as well.

Stayed September 2007
1 Thank shvtraveler
Georgia
Reviewed July 1, 2007

I stay in hotels frequently for business travel. This was my first Holiday Inn chain stay.

The room was adequate, although the furniture a bit worn. The table and chairs in the room were rudimentary. The bed was reasonable. While I did not find it uncomfortable, coming from Marriott and Hilton affiliated properties, the bed was not anywhere near as comfortable as other comparable hotels, including the neighboring Embassy Suites, Marriott and Courtyard Marriott.

The air conditioning unit was a bit noisy (a pet peeve of mine.)

The staff was friendly at the hotel. The pool looked inviting, although I did not make use of it.

These were my key issues:

1. Cleanliness: I dropped my cell phone and, in bending down to pick it up, noticed the floor under the bed. It was filthy! Clearly, the underside of the bed had not seen a vacuum in some time. I could actually see the layer of dust on the floor. Additionally, and perhaps more offensively, there were used tissues in addtion to cellophane cracker wrappers under the bed. Made me wonder if I was breathing in someone's cold germs all night. In over 50 hotels I've stayed in during the past year or two, I found this the least clean room I've stayed in.

2. Business Center: The size of this was not adequate for the size/nature of the hotel. This hotel frequently holds large meetings/conventions and many of these attendees seem to come down to use the business center. Thus, it is not uncommon to find a line and have to wait for quite some time to be able to just print out one page.

I chose not to stay in this hotel again in subsequent trips to Baton Rouge.

• Liked — Location - convenient to restaurants, stores, etc.
  • Disliked — Lack of cleanliness in room
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 30, 2006

Hotel was overpriced and a bit dirty. When I stay in any hotel the first place I look to make sure it is clean is the bathroom. When we arrived there was old soap in the soap dish. The television reception was poor. The only good I can say is that the bed was clean and very comfortable. Another plus is that this Hotel is in a very good location for Restaurants and shops. Just OK

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
Covington, Louisiana
Reviewed July 29, 2006

My partner and I just spent a night at the Holiday Inn Select Executive Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We were in Baton Rouge for a party and pretty much choose this hotel based on the Holiday Inn Brand. There were no reviews available on this hotel and since it was just one night - we figured it would be fine.

Of note, this is a rather large hotel which has been several other hotels in the recent past.

At any rate, we checked in through a nice lobby with friendly staff. Parking was adequate. We booked a standard room with a king sized bed. There was a large convention in town and the hotel was full.

The first thing I noticed were that the elevators were in need of a very good cleaning. There were six elevators and we found this condition in the three that we took.

Upon entry into our very warm room (not good in July in Louisiana), we found that the room had not been vacuumed. There were papers on the floor by the door and you could tell there was residual debris left by the previous occupants. There was an odd smell in the room which never got better. I thought for a moment about requesting another room; however, we already knew the hotel was full. The room was and is in need of a serious cleaning. So, tryin' to make the best of it, we turned on the air conditioner, which struggled to take the edge off of the heat , and headed for the pool.

One positive is that the pool is very nice. The surrounding area is large with many tables and chaise lounges.

We went back to our room to take showers and get ready for the party (the reason we were in Baton Rouge). The room was still warm, odor is still there,debris still on the floor.

That's when I really noticed the size of the bathroom. Very, very tiny. European tiny. No counter space for any of your products. Hotel sized tub with neurotic showerhead. If you turned it to a different setting, the water came out of the mirror (not making this up).

No cold water, at all. Only warm and hot. Great if you're in Alaska but bad in Louisiana in July.

Another positive is that we required additional towels. One call to the front desk and 3 additional sets of towels were delivered. The staff are great. No complaints at all on that front.

Okay, hot day in Louisiana, warm air conditioner, warm shower, odd smelling room. Time to get ready for the party. Grab the ironing board (broken at a very odd angle), grabbed the iron, it came off the wall with all of the hardware attached, plugged it in - spit hot water all over me and my cocktail dress. Not good. TammieLand tryin' to make the best of it but I'm beginning to be a little annoyed.

Another positive: Called the front desk - asked for a cab. Cab was called immediately. Again, great service by the hotel staff.

Upon return to the warm, unvaccumed, odd smelling little room which was to be our home for the night, I took another hot shower and went to bed, only to be awakened by noises, inside of the room which sounded like a rodent. At this point, I was ready to get up, pack up and leave our warm, unvaccumed, odd smelling little room.

Needless to say, I would never stay there again. We paid, with all of the taxes, surcharges, etc., $169.00 for this room, in my opinion that was about 90.00 too much.

Oh, one last positive - The hotel is pet friendly. They have a precious little table in the lobby with doggie biscuits for their pet guests.

I hope this helps!

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — The roon
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask to see your room before you move in.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TammmieLand
Dallas
Reviewed July 28, 2006

Forced to spend three nights here as a result of a convention, I can truly say: stay away. The good parts of the hotel are a nice pool and a decent lobby. The banquet food wasn't bad. The people are nice at the front desk. And the wireless internet system is free and fast.

After that it's all downhill. The maid service was horrible. Coffee cups and glasses were never replaced. Two towels took the place of three. The coffee maker was left dirty and no replacement coffee was left. Items left in the trash weren't disposed of. The bathtub wasn't cleaned during our entire stay of three nights.

The bathrooms are tiny and the toilets have old mineral stains (there are products to remove those!). The king sized bed we slept on was obviously old and we had to phone for sheets for the pull out sofa bed every night.

Bring your house shoes because the carpet is dirty. And the in-room air conditioning unit (no central system) roars like a hurricane.

The rooms are very small and the furniture is worn and rickety.

There is a nice looking Hampton Inn right next door and a Marriott close by and a Comfort Suites across the street. If you have a convention or meeting booked at this hotel, stay somewhere else.

• Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here.
Stayed July 2006