Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Houston, Texas
“Needs work”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

This hotel could really use some updating. But the service was what was really lacking. I would definitely look elsewhere for a full service hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brett1harris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Louisiana
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Rooms are typical for a 3.4 - 4 star hotel. Nice, comfortable, spacious enough and clean. I got a really good price compared to other hotels for an LSU football weekend. We took advantage of their shuttle to and from the stadium--which I HIGHLY recommend! We've paid much more for a parking pass and then had to fight the traffic in and out. The driver took back roads and had us there in 15 minutes. He told us where to wait after the game and we only waited about 10 minutes before the next shuttle van arrived. We left the hotel around 8:30 and had plenty of time to watch all the pre-game festivities at Victory Hill. This game starated at 12:20, and we were returning home after it, so we checked out before we caught the shuttle. We left our vehicle in their parking lot and felt very secure doing so. If you're not tailgating, the shuttle is definitely worth the money!

Room Tip: Call ahead to confirm late arrival & they'll pre-assign your room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BeachLoverfromLA
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Plain vanilla motel masquerading as something special. It isn't. Unprofessional front desk. Clean rooms, but towels not replaced when room is cleaned--even when you leave them on the floor. Good gym, but security issue because of apparent use by outsiders. Not impressed.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed September 20, 2011

This hotel is a great location for the LSU football games. I think tey even have a shuttle to the games. Rooms are great and beds are very comfy. The 4th floor is a no Kid no pet floor, so my room was very quiet. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Great Location for the LSU football games. I believe they have a shuttle to the games too.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Netplay61
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed in this hotel this month. Room was nice, but the frigde was missing in our cabinet, just a hole for it . Toilet seat was dirty ( eww) but that is not what made me post this review...

I left a box full of cosmetics and a laser face machine ( $700 value) in a box. I value the total for the contents for about $1000.

First 4 days after I called and reported it ( same day) nobody could locate my big box with cosmetics.It was large, nobody could have missed it.

Finally after many calls they found what was left. Few items of out approx 100 ( I know a lot but I needed it for over 2 weeks of travel) . all of my expensive make up, brushes, laser machine was gone. They left my toothbrush, wash cloth, antiperspirant .

There is a thief working in there and they would not do anything about it. I am forced to report it to the police. What a dishonest place! I understand they may not be reliable for items left but I expected honesty from a 4 star hotel! I will never be back and I will let everyone I know.

One more thing, I requested the left overs to be shipped to me, I asked if it will be sent USPS ,Wendell Carrier head of security told me yes.

Today I received the LARGE Fedex box with toothbrush, 2 deodorant sticks and some several items , small and light. They used 10 times bigger box than needed and used a large expensive carrier box. What a scam..!!!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Mar N
Vicksburg, Mississippi
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel night staff was more excited about the fact that NBA stars were in town than helping us check in. After we finally were able to check in, we were given keys to our room only to arrive at the room and not only would the keys not work, someone else was already in the room. We went back down to the lobby and were told we were given the wrong room number. As we waiting for the elevator for another trip to the room we were overwhelmed with the smell of mildew through out the lobby and even worse in the elevator. We finally managed to get to our room and try to get settled in only to have the door of the room to not close all the way unless you pushed all your wieght on it. The room was hot and stuffy and the a/c would freeze us out for a few minutes then burn us up for the next few. The window covers did not stay closed, faucets leaked and every door sqeeked. I am terribly disapointed at this hotel. The only thing worth it was the friendliness of the morning staff as we were leaving.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
IHGCare, other at Crowne Plaza Hotel Executive Center Baton Rouge, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. I am please that you did have a pleasant encounter with our morning Front Desk staff. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your experience.

Brenda J.
IHGCare
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed July 31, 2011

the hotel was very nice and the staff very friendly and anxious to please. the breakfast buffet was also very good. would stay there again.

Room Tip: stayed on the 3rd floor, was very quiet
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends