“Traveling”

Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Sulphur, Louisiana
“Traveling”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We were traveling through Baton Rouge on our way to New Orleans and made a reservation at the Wyndham online. You could tell the property had been updated and it looked nice but it was an older property. The staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were suites with two rooms which was nice. When we checked in our AC unit was so loud we could not hear the TV or talk hardly. I went to the desk they were very nice and gave us another room. The AC was fine and the bed was comfortable enough but the toilet appeared that it was about to overflow when you flushed. I told the lady at the desk about the toilet and again she was very nice and offered us a free breakfast. There was no major problems but it was just a little annoying.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Baton Rouge
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My first trip to Baton Rouge was in August of 2012 I looked at several motel rooms before deciding to stay here I have stayed every month since then one to three nights in this motel .the staff are always helpful and a delight to deal with. The rooms are always clean and fresh.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Room was great, courtyard was beautiful, location was great. Staff was RUDE.
- asked for one extra pillow, never got it
- accidently closed the door and did not have a key; went to front clerk - told her I would give her any information she needs to verify it was my room. Since I didn't have an ID, she was very mean and stated "I am tired and I am busy, I don't have time for this". Then she practically threw the key at me. The next day, my room key would not work, and the gentleman at the front desk simply asked for the name on the account then politely made me another key.
- at breakfast the next morning, I sent my child down to grab a milk. She was told to "Get out if you don't have voucher" even though we had just left from there.
- we left for the afternoon and came back only to find that housekeeping did not clean anything in our room. They simply grabbed towels and left (this is the first hotel I have ever stayed without turndown service)
- on checkout day, we asked for an extra hour. At 11:02am, someone was BANGING, not knocking, on the door. When I answered, he reminded me that checkout was at 11am. Then he questioned me when I told him that we asked for a late checkout!

In other words, the people at this hotel treated us like we were not welcome. We would have loved this hotel if it weren't for the staff, this place would have became our new meeting spot. Now we have to find somewhere else that hopefully we do not inconvenience. One thing in common with all of the rude staff is they were all black. I felt like there was racial tension in the air, and we will not return.

Room Tip: Unless you plan on NOT conversing with the staff, do not stay here.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Grittygreer

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Baton Rouge
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Everything was great! I would go back to Baton Rouge just to stay in this hotel. Room was beautiful. Breakfast was amazing. Who else offers grits, eggs, and sausage for breakfast along with the usual continental breakfast items? Also loved having access to personal laundry room.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Reviewed March 29, 2014

You can hear people yelling from inside the room. The place is disgusting. Ouves on the sheets bathroom full of dust and the WiFi is horrible 1 meg down. Bathrooms are full of dust like they haven't been cleaned in months. I have never left a bad review. Will never ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
Renaissance Baton Rouge Hotel
#8 of 77 in Baton Rouge
Courtyard Baton Rouge Siegen Lane

Been to Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge

Property: Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge
Address: 5600 Bluebonnet Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809-2969 (Formerly Quality Suites Bluebonnet Center)
Location: United States > Louisiana > Baton Rouge
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#23 Business Hotel in Baton Rouge
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Suites Bluebonnet Hotel Baton Rouge