“Excellent value for longer stays”

Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge
Ranked #22 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Family business took my sister and I to Baton Rouge for several days. Since we were not on vacation our goals for our hotel choice meant finding one that provided high value (was safe and clean, close to the south side of Baton Rouge, and a good area to walk and was not expensive). We were both surprised by the very low cost as compared to other properties in the area.

The hotel amenities were typical and clean but the addition of a sliding door between the bedroom and the living space made our stay much more enjoyable as it was put to use often if one of us was sleeping and the other wanted to watch TV or read.

The hotel is well situated for families that have business at either Baton Rouge General hospital (3 minute drive) or Our Lady of the Lake hospital (6 minute drive), and the cost for an extended stay won’t break the bank.

The hotel is a five-minute walk to a fabulous Greek and Lebanese Restaurant (Alabasha) that is open for lunch and dinner and provides very low cost options. There is also a convenience store next door to the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is does not face the interstate.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Will S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to stay at our hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will be back to visit us again soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had to view three room before picking the less dirty of all three. We were awoken by a large group of people in the parking lot below out room ( 211) at 0345 hours. Called the front desk to report the incident. Called again at 0430 still no corrective action. Desk clerk stated she would have to call securtiy. It took over one hour for these people to be moved.

At 1000 hours, went to front desk and spoke with manager, Cleon. Same stated his staff responded both time and found nothing. He stated he viewed the tapes, and saw nothing.

So the manager basically told me that my wife and I didn't know what we were talking about. We had nothing better to do at 0345 to 0430 hours but to call the front desk and make up this story. We had paided for three nights at this complex, and checked out after the first. \We have photo's of the poor condition of the room, dirty sofa, stains on the drapes, dirt on the floor inthe corners.
But the response to the incident in the parking lot, is appauling. I would never advise anyone to stay at this Hotel, due to the lack of concern for the safety of their guess.

Room Tip: Go to the Embassy Suites on Constitution Blvd. Great rooms, clean, and a real concerned staff.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Will S, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Hello, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for your experience at my hotel during your stay. I assure you that we do take the safety of guest serious and I am so sorry that we did not respond appropriately in this instance. I have read your review and have reinforced this principle with my leadership team. We will continue to train on this matter and provide feedback to our staff. Of course, it is our desire that every guest have a pleasant experience when they stay with us, and I know that we failed you. I hope that you will reconsider your decision to never stay with us again, and allow us to regain your trust in our ability to take care of you. If you are ever in the Baton Rouge area again, please feel free to reach out to me personally to assist you with your needs.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed December 25, 2013

We really have enjoyed the Wyndham line of lodging. This is unusual in its layout and we were rather startled by its difference. It is a reno'd Quality Inn and Suites. Being in the south things are musty and damp. The elevator sure is! And the room was very oddly laid out: separate lounge area with a t.v., fridge, coffee-maker, etc. Sleeping area totally separate from the lounge area. Good I suppose for a group of 4 or more.
Despite the oddities, it was a good stay and is right down the street from the Mall of Louisiana. The staff make it VERY enjoyable. Worth the trip!!

Stayed: December 2013

Happy New Year! Thank you for sharing your feedback and for your loyalty to the Wyndham brand. I delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will visit us again the next time you are in Baton Rouge.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We were planning on staying at the Hyatt down the street (staff was kind of rude and not helpful at all) so we came here instead; we were so lucky. The woman at the desk was amazing to us, and our room was better than we had hoped for. Everything was clean, and comfortable. The breakfast was good, too.

Reviewed December 5, 2013