“Very Disgusting...Please Stay Somewhere Else”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge
Ranked #66 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Driving up to the building and entering the lobby you would think it's a great place to stay but once you unload your things from the car and get on the elevator, your mind will quickly change. Getting off the elevator you can smell the dirty stinch of the carpet. We stayed on the 2nd floor and the rooms were no-smoking with paper printed door numbers. The sheets on the beds were the worst I have ever seen...very dingy, dirty and stained. The room had a horrible mildew smell and the carpet hadn't been vacummed and there were left over food particles on them from past guest. The refridgerator in our room made a ticking sound, the handles inside were broken and it had a smell of old dirty water. The window seat cushion and pillows were very stained and smell as if they came from a thrift store. Inside the bathroom there were water stains, the tub was discolored from not being cleaned, the toilet was stained with a huge mildewed ring inside of it. The alarm clock was broken and the remote for the tv wouldn't change the channels...everytime we pressed the ch. button it turn the volume up and down. We stayed in this hotel long enough for my husband to get a few hours of sleep from traveling that day and we immediately checked out afterwards. This hotel is not worth your money, I strongly suggest going somewhere else even if it may cost a few dollars more.The only good thing I could say about this hotel was that the air in our room worked well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
microtelinnandsuite, Webmaster at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks from the Microtel Inn for your stay during the recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and the observations. We will surely take them for improvement.

We are addressing your observations for further improvement and you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

We await your earliest next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Reviewed June 21, 2012

The halls were dirty. Shower walls looked like they had not been wiped clean. Continental breakfast was a joke. A few ld bagels and juice that tasted as bad as the water smelled in the rooms.Staff was clueless. My company was supposed to have a standing agreement for payment, and I had to put the room on my own credit card. Manager was never around. They would not tell a representative from my company when to expect the manager.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The building outside and in the lobby is not too bad. Seems to be getting painted or remodeled. Once upstairs you will see the disgusting carpet and freshly painted walls, with temporary door numbers. Once in the room, the carpet is dirty and coming up from the floor. The smell from the room is awlful due to nothing pulling the moisture from the room. The towell bar and and sink stopper is broken, along with the exhaust fan. You will be delighted from the pubic hair from the previous guest. Oh the internet is non existent and good luck on getting anything important done. The bad thing is the customer service selected this hotel for me and it is awlful....disgusted. I really advise you not to come here. I this that is hotel should drop the microtel name, it is really not representative of the other great hotels I have stayed. I am currently in a different hotel, cause that one stunk so bad. 13 Jun 2012

Room Tip: Just do your research and don't pick on the run like we did. Our schedule was flexible, so we d...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thanks for staying at the Microtel Inn Baton Rouge.

We noted your review and apologize for the inconvenience caused howsoever.

We have investigated the issue and we have never come across such a complaint earlier, but your review is serious to us.

We have ensured that such a report never comes again from any guest and the hotel staff behaves in the most guest friendly manner.

You can have a comfortable and nice stay next time.

Trust us and visit us again.

Reviewed June 10, 2012

5-28-2012. Had a decent room right down from the lobby. Beds were clean. Shower and bathroom were clean but, very basic. Hallway carpet was dirty. Computer provided for internet access in lobby but, dial up was so slow that it was not worth the effort. Don’t know if internet access was provided in room. TV remote was very cheap and broke during my 1 night stay. I think I lucked out in getting a decent room based on what other reviewers have said. My bed was very clean and comfortable and there were NO bugs in my room. I didn’t have any problems with my room other than having a TV remote control that broke. Complimentary breakfast was an absolute joke. Fruit Loops, instant oatmeal, milk, bagels, and cream cheese were the only staples provided. No toast. No butter. No coffee. However, there is an excellent Cracker Barrel within walking distance right across the street. Paid $44.00 per night so, with taxes, etc. total came to $50.00. This property is starting to show its age and needs to be cleaned up overall inside. Outside property looks very clean from the street. If you need a no-frills, cheap place to stay for a night then, this might fit the bill. Maintenance man looked like he stepped out of a horror flick. Staff at the front desk were very friendly and professional though.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.

We appreciate your review and the observations.

Thanks for mentioning the good and bad side of your stay sincerely.

We will definitely take them as valuable inputs for further improvement.

We assure that you shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.

Glad to note that you liked the service of the front desk staff and we have conveyed about this.

We await your earliest next trip to Microtel Inn and promise a nice stay with us.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We found stains on pillows, all sheets and blankets. Gross. This was also a second room. The first room had a bad odor. Not what you would expect from a micro hotel chain.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was my worst hotel experience. It is dirty and in dire need of renovation. It needs to be gutted out and everything in it thrown away. The carpet is stained, the rooms smell like mildew and mold or alcohol and cigarettes, great options right! I had to wear my flip flops at all times, the bed side tables looks like something chewed the edges and corners off. My fiance and myself both have bites on our legs and ankles from staying here, no joke. Someone needs to make sure they do something about this.I had to hold my breath on the walk between my room and the elevator. I was afraid to even shower or brush my teeth. We didnt even stay the 2nd night that we had already paid for, instead slept on a friend's couch in another hotel. It was awful!!

Room Tip: Save your money and do not stay here. I would not stay here even if someone paid me to.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Stayed at this property 7 years ago and this was a nice, clean hotel. How things have changed.
From the outside nothing has changed. Nice clean parking lot with a small pool to one side. Lobby area was clean and orderly. This is where things start to go bad. Front desk man was somebody straight out of swamp people. Heavy cajun accent and couldn't understand a word he said. Room was on the first floor. Opened door and was greeted to a smell I'll never forget. Musty like an old damp towel. Carpet was stained and there was no way I was going to walk barefoot on it. Our bed sheets had lipstick on them and the bath towels had pubic hair on them. Also the small bites on my legs came from sleeping in the bed. Need I say anymore. For $69 I don't expect much, but this was just horrible. I suggest picking one of the 2 or 3 other hotels within a few blocks from this one.

Room Tip: What ever you do, do not choose this hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple