“Very nice. Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10
Ranked #62 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Very nice. Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2010

The hotel was clean and our room look like it may have been renovated. Two huge queen beds. Big room. Big bathroom. Very pleasant staff. Breakfast is lacking, kind of sad so go out for breakfast. Very good value!

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank 1dervol
Courtney R, Front Desk at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10, responded to this review, November 20, 2016

Front Desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Canton, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2010

We are traveling the U.S. and we enjoyed our stay at this Microtel. The rooms are large and clean. The manager and all of the employees are friendly and eager to please. Pearl puts a nice breakfast out in the morning and is ready to greet you with a smile! The price is right and the location is great....right off interstate 10. There are plenty of good restaurants within minutes from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank faithwalkus

Scottsdale
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2010

This property was not as nice as most of the Microtels I have stayed in. Although most of the others were newer. Door closed but did not lock unless you pulled it. Bathtub was very slippery. Poor TV reception. Limited breakfast (even less than some other Microtels). But staff was friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank BJDealer

Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2010

I had a two night stay at this hotel and it was simply lovely. As a federal employee, the rate was very good as opposed to other hotels who simply make the Govt rate about 2 or 3 dollars less than the regular rate. The staff was super courteous and the maid staff were very nice as well. The rooms are very small, but cozy and the one I had was very clean. The bathroom was clean, the floor was clean, etc. I found nothing to complain about. The location is good as well because it's surrounded by shopping and restaurants. This may become my "hotel" when I visit again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Miraley
Little River, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2008

Being away from my hometown of Baton Rouge for over 6 years, I could not wait to venture back. Most of my family lives in Prarieville and with Siegen Lane being the 2nd to last exit out of Baton Rouge, this hotel seemed perfect. Bahhh.

Upon check-in, we were informed by a guy named Jimbo that the rate we booked for was no longer honored and it would be 10 dollars a night more. After a ten minute argument with this individual, he finally calls a supervisor and they let us have the room for the price we were quoted. No apologizes from Jimbo whatsoever. He went back to browsing on the internet for I could see the computer screen off of a reflection placed behind him.

Upon check-in to our room, we see that we were placed in a smoking room. I dreaded having to deal with Jim again but I called anyway. We were told that housekeeping would have to clean a room for us and he would contact us when it was ready. We waited for nearly 4 hours until we received a call back. This was just the beginning.

Throughout our 3 day stay, you could hear nothing but loud music and marijuana smoke filling the hallways. The night manager was not much better because he would not answer the phone when we called to complain. We had to wake up early in the morning for a drive to Houma, LA so we just said forget it and went to bed.

Jimbo was working in the morning and when we went to tell him about the smell of Marijuana smoke clogging the rooms and hallways. He looked at me and asked if I just wanted to go ahead and check out now. I am serious folks, HE ASKED ME IF I JUST WANTED TO GO AHEAD AND CHECK OUT NOW!!!

We packed our bags without hesitation and went on our way. I have never seen a place run so badly in my life. Try the LaQuinta Inn next door for the staff are 110% more equipped to provide one with top notch customer service.

• Liked — location, pool
  • Disliked — Jimbo the front desk clerk, Smell of weed, loud music and partying.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Pimpcules

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2008

This hotel was booked for a business trip. All Room confirmation numbers were received and verified, however upon arrival at the hotel, We were very RUDELY instructed that our rooms were not "Confirmed" and that we would have to stay at the LaQuinta across the street.

After calmly trying for 10 minutes, in vain, to explain to the front desk that these reservations were "CONFIRMED" and with all of our confirmation numbers and reservations in hand, our party was abruptly threatened with Law Enforcement action for disagreeing with her. (Most likely because she could not win the argument of why we did not have reservations)

I would suggest to anyone wishing to stay at this hotel to PLEASE call them first and DOUBLE CONFIRM that your room is available. Ours was not and the "THREAT" of Law Enforcement involvement was not only ludicrous but insulting to Law Abiding citizens.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Being Threatened with Law Enforcement
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Elberta, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2007

Weary from the road, we took the first hotel we could find....We should have kept driving! From the lobby - it looks ok, exactly what you would expect for a last minute stop & stay....after all we just needed a place to sleep. However, we found that there was an awful odor...musty really. There were no towels or toilet paper or cups in our room...we had to go back down and get those. The beds were hard as rocks. The bathtub barely drained and the toilet flushed very slowly. There was no stopper in the sink. And to top things off, the morning continental breakfast.....there was NO MILK for cereal, no fruit or juice...only stale coffee and weeks old danishs that are prepackaged and individually wrapped. Even though this was a last minute stop....if you spend $80 on a room.........I would expect ALOT more than what Microtel offers. Matter of fact, I had to promise our boys we would never come back there!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family