Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rasheda M
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10

Reviewed April 1, 2014

$300 was stolen from me there. hear my story, I arrived at the hotel at 12sh and was informed that my room wont be ready till 3pm. I had two bags with me one a big rucksack 2 a small backpack. I decided to leave my rucksack with me and only carry the backback which had my money,passport etc and go for a walk while my room gets ready. I left and walked to "acadamy" a fishing store near by then arrived in the hotel and was told my room is ready. I entered my room and after unpacking I decided to go again to "acadamy" as I needed more equipment. I so stupidly left a small bag in the room which had $1000 in 100 bills and my passport along with my baggage. as I was leaving the reception staff saw me leave without my luggage.... I came back 2 hours later I did not check my money till the morning when I counted them it was $700 !!!!!!!!! I rushed downstairs and asked if the hotel had any CCTV that can view if anyone entered my room the day before when was out but I was told CCTV is only in the ground floor and my room was on the 3rd. I then spoke with the manager and "somehow" she managed to change the topic completely and ignore the issue I had, not a single apology nothing was said to me to ease my frustration and the next day I requested a feedback form so I can provide feedback for my visit, was told will be given one before I check-out....that never happened. please do not go there they are thieves and have no respect for people there and they will steal your money they moment they get the chance. it may not happen to you but it sure did happen to me :( that was about 2 weeks ago

Room Tip: ask for a room that a CCTV camera can see !
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank xicor89
Courtney R, Front Desk at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2016

Hello,

We appreciate your review.

Courtney R.
Front Desk

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Reviewed March 28, 2014

This is a very nice place to stay for the money in the Baton Rouge area. When I first arrived 2 early to check in they welcomed me with open arms and checked me in anyways. The front desk manager was excellent in customer service and was a great guy. I was relived when when I met him because I felt right at home. Then we got to our room and it was very spacious and nice-n-clean. The lady who cleans the main lobby and sets up the breakfast buffet was great. She as well made me feel right at home and glad to be they're. It just seems to me this is a family hotel with a few business men. I feel safe and secure to bring my family here.

Hello,

We appreciate your review!

Courtney R.