“Microtell Baton Rouge”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10
Ranked #59 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I stayed at this facility for 3 months while moving from one place to another.
Friendly staff and clean rooms. Excellent value.

Room Tip: They have suites with Hot Tubs available.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank DLG123
Courtney R, Front Desk at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2016

There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Baton Rouge I-10

Reviewed September 23, 2011

I flew in from Atlanta due to a death in ky family. arrived on Thursday and moved into a room on first floor. complained about it being nasty with torn carpet and stains on walls as well as noise from ac unit. was moved to another room that had pubic hair on pillow case and comforter and bodily fluids on bedding as well. housekeeping changed everything except comforter. Spoke to property manager Melissa Stafford and she was very rude and unaccomodating and stated that she felt I was being too picky and should probably checkout. I told her I would and didn't expect to be charged for the one night stay to which shred stated was fine.5 mins later I was checking out and was still charged!!! I would advise against anyone considering patronizing this establishment.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Kimen1818

Reviewed August 17, 2011

The male at the desk was courteous. The bed and carpet was clean. The bathroom had oil in various places. We were told that was due to recent painting. Don't expect any shampoo/lotion/mouthwash-and we had to ask for decaf coffee for the room coffee maker. The room was small but fair for the price. Did not go to the pool, it was small but it was clean. While lifting the phone up to place an outside food order, a small dead roach fell out from the inside of the phone. We did not see any other bugs though. We slept great and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast has ALOT to be desired, although the attendant was nice. I would go to the local restaurant if I wanted a good breakfast.....we recently stayed at the microtel in Alabama, and it had free fountain drinks and popcorn. The room also had a small microwave and fridge. I would say if you just want a room for the night, it would be ok for the pricte. But more than that.....NO. Oh, and I think it's kinda rude to put notices that the towels/washclothes are counted so if you take them you will be charged.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank iteach25ks

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Despite the breakfast being served starting at 07:00 (??!!) and the swimming pool being itty-bitty, it was a decent hotel. There are barbecues out back if you wish to grill dinner (nice and clean too!) and the front desk folks are great. Lots of places to shop and eat. I'll return.

Room Tip: We prefer the 1st floor for simplicity sake!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michaela04

Reviewed May 1, 2011

Stayed here for one night during a long road trip. Our first room was a bit small for all our luggage, had a word with a lovely housekeeping supervisor who happened to be passing by. She at once rang the front desk and arranged for us to move to a larger room on the same floor. Bed was very comfortable, with wonderful pillows - so comfy that we overslept and missed breakfast, so can't comment on that! Would definitely stay again, lovely people.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank vivvy54

Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked the hotel for two nights, and for such a low price, my expectations weren't too high. I was impressed all-around. The room was spotless and comfortable. The location of the hotel was great - right off the I-10 and only a short drive into downtown Baton Rouge. I even lucked out and got a room with a window, the view overlooked the outdoor pool. My stay couldn't have been better.

I only gave them three stars on Service because I asked for an extra blanket, and the receptionist said they didn't have any clean ones available. Oh well. I turned down my AC a notch and was fine.

They did not provide shampoo so make sure to pack your own.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank lkern

Reviewed March 15, 2011

Decent and Average Hotel...

Great Value at $40/night. I was in town for work for 3 days and stayed here. It is close to restaurants, stores, and easy access to I-10.

Rooms were clean for the most part... on the small side, but it was just used for sleeping.

Staff was ok... nothing great... but again, can't complain at $40/ night

I will return here when I am in town on business.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business