“Great place to stay!”

La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area
Ranked #57 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Great place at a great price. Clean room, well updated. Clean pool. Nice safe area. gas station in parking lot. friendly staff. Near many restaraunts. Newer tvs. No problems here and I would recommend! Will stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank sheenaann1984
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Baton Rouge University Area

Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights mid December. The room was very affordable, I believe we paid about 75 dollars a night. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room itself was clean and efficient. The bed was suprisingly comfortable, not something I was expecting for a cheap room. Location is very convenient, right off the interstate. We did not make it down for the breakfast, so I can't comment on that. Basically, I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean and comfortable room with no frills that is easy on the pocketbook.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Deerfield Beach, Florida, USA
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Although the surrounding hotels charge up to double what I paid, I doubt a single one of them has beds half as comfortable, rooms as quiet, or staff as friendly and helpful! late checkout was great too.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 28, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank linzk1229
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Stayed at the hotel after a company party. The hotel was clean, comfortable, safe and located in a great location near several eating establishments. I will stay at this hotel again. I did not eat the breakfast but it looked good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is an older La Quinta but is in very good condition. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the office staff is very courteous, helpful, and considerate. The rooms don't have refrigerators or microwaves in them but they do have a coffee maker. WIFI is strong and we didn't have any problems. The motel is close to downtown. The continental breakfast is about average. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank globeseeker007
Reviewed November 1, 2012

JUST SEE FOR YOURSELF, and GIVE THEM A CHANCE! YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!
If you want ''New'' or ''Large'', go somewhere else! If you don't like a motel, tell the staff and give them a chance to 'fix it' before you write a bad post!!

If you expect an older building to produce an 'excellent & luxurious' place for you to stay, you should just move on down the road and pay more for what you want.

I wanted a clean, well-kept room for a low price. I wanted to park outside the door of my room so that I could keep an eye on my car and it's contents. I was only going to arrive late, 'sleep',and leave at leisure, so I didn't want to spend much money. THIS WAS THE PLACE!

I like to think I have found the 'hidden gem' when I got traveling! I also like to save money, but get a value comparable to what I spend! THIS IS IT !!

I saw the bad reviews from others, ......but I like to make my own decisions!! I like to judge for myself!! I don't require a spacious room and an 'almost new' motel room to get a good night's sleep, but I like La Quinta, so I searched for one of their less expensive motels. I had a choice of 3 different hotels in Baton Rouge, and I chose the less expensive!! I got EXACTLY what I expected, plus more!!!

I am well aware that people are usually grouchy, tired, and hard-to-please after a long day on the road. You GET what you PAY for, in almost any motel, independent or chain owned.

I also know many people that think every single La Quinta will look exactly alike, so they think they will find a $159 room for a 'cheap' price. Rent an expensive motel, then complain if you don't get what you expected. Rent an inexpensive motel, save some money, and get a good night's sleep! YOUR Choice!!

I stayed in THIS MOTEL LAST NIGHT!! The front desk lady was quite nice, and let me change my room preference to get a room where parking was available right at my front door!! Yes, the room was smaller than usual, but I was getting a real bargain price, and I was only sleeping there, .......so no problem! The bed was plush, and 'up to par' with all other La Quinta motels, with 3 pillows per person!

The sheets were crisp, the carpet was clean, and the large TV was really nice! The bathroom was spotless, and what others thought might be mold was NOT present in my room. There was every single feature available in my room as all other La Quinta motels. THERE WERE NO BUGS!

This motel is older. This motel has smaller rooms. The breakfast was smaller than other motels, but there was something for everyone. The employees were very friendly, nice, and cooperative. The room was clean and odor-free. The bathroom was spotless. You get what you pay for, so if you can't get comfortable in an older motel with smaller rooms, .........go somewhere else and spend more money!!

If you want to save money and still have dependable quality, stay here. It's a VERY NICE PLACE TO STAY!!. ......unless you are only interested in status!! I prefer quality!

Room Tip: Be open minded and you will save money, and get a nice room for less money! Grab It!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple