“Not up to Embassy Suites Standards”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge
Ranked #11 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
A TripAdvisor Member
“Not up to Embassy Suites Standards”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2006

We found the lobby and public areas to be as good as any other Embassy Suites property. However, the room/suite was substandard for Embassy Suites/Hilton.

There was the strong smell of smoke in the non-smoking room, the furniture was well worn, carpet stained, the shower/tub had mold and mildew in it, and there was trash behind one of the tables in the living area.

I suspect this hotel has been FEMA-IZED and allowed Hurricane Katrina evacuees to stay without enforcing the rules. In any event, we won't stay there again, you shouldn't either, and if the property doesn't start an aggressive renovation program the Embassy Suites sign will come down and a Days Inn sign will go up.

Stayed March 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Mount Pleasant, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2006

Your 1st impression of this hotel is great...however, when you get in the room, you begin to see and smell the problems...the non-smoking policy has not been enforced, so the non-smoking rooms smell like an ashtray...the carpets, bedding and tile in the bathroom are old, smelly and need replacing big time...this make the room have a dirty feel...if they renovate, I'll be back, but until then, forget it...

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank jonesytv

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2005

I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room. My company normally has me stay at a Hilton Hotel. Comparing them; it certainly isn’t as posh as a Hilton, but the vast amount of space you have, more than makes up for it. I enjoyed my 2 night stay and given the opportunity, I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005, traveled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2005

Flip a coin. Stay there and you'll leave saying to yourself that it doesn't meet standards you expect from an Embassy. Don't stay there and you'll never know that you didn't miss anything special. Very run of the mill. The staff is friendly and courteous, but the place has a run down, sticky and dirty feel to it. Needs to be aired out, scrubbed down and given a good freshening up. Our tub wouldn't drain when showering, the two TVs had one remote, no coffee table in the suite, the small balconies were dirty, the elevators slow, the women serving breakfast loud and obtrusive on the peace of the morning. Wish I hadn't wasted Hilton Honors points to stay there. I thought it would be better.

• Stayed November 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Francisco, Bay Area
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2005

A group of six stayed at the Embassy Suite, Baton Rouge in early May for the National Bowling Tournament. We were banking on the Embassy Suite's reputation when we made the reservations. The hotel at first glance was nice - the usual atrium lobby, water feature (complete with koi fish), swimming pool and on-site restaurant/bar.

The little things that make a stay good were not always present here. The rooms seemed to be on the smaller side (for an Embassy Suites). They gave us the suite right next to the lights they use to illuminate the facade of the hotel. BRIGHT lights at midnight are not conducive to sleep - I don't care how tired you are - it's hard to sleep when it's bright outside. The trim to the bathroom door was broken. The cleaning staff was slow. We left our room at 10:30 for sightseeing & when we returned at 4:30, the housekeeping staff hadn't even started to clean our room. She arrived after our return and we at that point just requested that she leave fresh towels for us.

My last comment is directed to the front desk staff. If a hotel guest asks you for a stamp, please refer them to the post office which is about 2 and a half blocks away from the hotel. Don't send them to the corner gas station or the supermarket across the street. I only needed one and ended up with 20. Small gripe, but you would think that they would know their neighborhood well enough to give sound advice.

• Stayed May 2005
2 Thank gbcfb
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2004

So, so. If you want a really great place, try the Quality Inn over on Bluebonnet by the Mall of LA.

For the money, you will do better. But if someone has said they liked the Embassy, they just haven't tried the Quality Inn yet. Tell them about it after you stay there.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2004

Dear Hotel...

I had the most memorable vacation at your 'Embassy Suites Hotel.'
This note is to the wonderful staff, "The Morning Staff Breakfast Ladies" are there, at your service,
Im so happy I met you all, plus your made to order continental breakfast, are the best! I loved the omelet's, what a bonus at this place, there is chef's that loves to cook anything your heart is hungry for, as if your royalty, Thank You!
The hotel's own restaurant, "Memphis BBQ" is always filled with smiling faces. Id like to mention that my stay was the BEST I've ever had! Even the Embassy Suites Hotel-Shuttle drove to the airport, picked me up from the close by Baton Rouge Airport late at night, when I arrived at the airport, and the hotel shuttle service brought me to the hotel. The evening's have a most relaxed atmosphere. They offer online service in the lobby center for the business people.
Your All Exceptional People working here!
Your quite the nicest, The best down south home attitude that I'll so miss. If I ever have an opportunity to return, This is the best place, I have recommended it to a family that will be going to Louisiana this summer. again, this is the Best Trip I ever been on, please post this for others to know how Wonderful this Embassy Suites Hotel and Staff really are!
Corinna R.