“Don't bother...”

Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Temple, Texas
“Don't bother...”
Reviewed July 13, 2009

I had to wait in line to get my room. There were 4 people behind the counter, but they had trouble. None seemed knowledgeable. They didn't go out of their way. The place was full. Kids everywhere hollering across the way. The best part was the workout room. It really was nice. The breakfast was disappointing and the rooms were very loud with traffic from the Interstate. Stay somewhere else!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Oklahoma
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We're kind of penny pinchers or sorts, but when it comes to staying somewhere with a familiar name we decided to spend a 'little more' and have the peace of mind (since we figured the Embassy would be located in a pretty nice/safe area (and it was). There's a Walmart and Restaurants close by, which was very nice.

Its located just off a service road to the Interstate, but to my relief and surprise there wasn't really any road noise.

You get a free cook to order breakfast down stairs each morning; that actually was a large part of me choosing Embassy over any others in the same area...good value.

Lots of business travelers which means not much noise in the evenings and sleeping hours! : )

Could have been a little cleaner maybe, but pretty good. Rooms were nice. A/C could have been colder in the bedroom area as apposed to the living area...good thing we had our fan with us or we would probably have been a bit warm.
Pool and hot tub were nice and seemed well kept. Gym was also quite a nice facility with good equipment. Business center/internet access came in handy as well.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Jackson
Reviewed May 28, 2009

Dirty, tired decor, restaurant staff that ignore customers, the list goes on. I have stayed in tens and tens of hotels over the years and this is the first time I write a negative review.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 29, 2009

Spent one night at this location on our way to Florida. My children loved it. The fish pond entertained them while we had our evening 'manager's reception' drink. The breakfast was good - great grits. The staff was friend. The room was clean but the floor could have been cleaned a little better. Booked our rate on the Embassy Suites website and got a good deal consider what other sites like Hotels.com and others were offering. The only disappointment we had is the hotel doesn't offer free internet.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
Georgia
Reviewed March 8, 2009

Stayed at the B.R. Embassy Suites hotel for one night on Feb 20, 2009. We found checkin to be quick and easy, the suite to be very nice, clean and comfy, and the breakfast was very good as well. As others have said, this hotel is right next to the Interstate so do expect hearing the roar of 18-wheelers all night long. Didn't really bother me so much as it did my wife. The only other negative was the elevators. Only 3 of the 4 elevators were in service and they were sloooooooooow. Bring a book to read after you hit the button because you will definitely be there awhile waiting for the elevator. To sum up, if you are a heavy sleeper and don't mind slow elevator service, then I recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
Reviewed January 22, 2009

As a business traveler, I look for hotels that cater to the needs of the professional.

The Embassy Suites offers wireless connectivity anywhere in the property. This is very convenient. Their breakfast offerings are fantastic. From made to order omelets, pastries, fresh fruit and anything else you could want, the morning meal they provide really helps to get your day going.

In the evenings, it is a nice touch to be able to come "home" from work, and enjoy a complimentary cocktail or two at the manager's reception. If that doesn't wet your whistle, the full service bar on site can take care of the rest.

I would be remiss if I did not mention the staff, especially the night manager Latrenda. She is a true asset to the hotel. She is always friendly, knows you by name (those of use who stay there often) and will go out of her way to make sure your stay is what you expected it to be.

A great hotel with a relaxing atmosphere. Perfect for the business traveler.

• Liked — Staff
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Louisiana
Reviewed January 10, 2009

I travel to Baton Rouge about 5 times a year on business. This is the first time that I have stayed at the Embassy Suites. From check in to check out my stay was exceptional. They have a very friendly staff...from the front desk to the breakfast crew. I was only able to work out once while there, but the workout room was the perfect size...I found what I needed in no time at all. The breakfast was a nice treat and change from the normal cold continental that I am used to and the manager’s reception was just what I needed at the end of the day. I will definitely be back!

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Did not have time to check out the pool
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)