“Can't say enough good things”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge
Ranked #12 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Every time I go to Baton Rouge I always stay at the Embassy. The staff is friendly and go the extra mile to see that your stay is pleasant and trouble-free. The amenities are wonderful and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. Excellent in-house restaurants, evening managers reception, and complementary cooked breakfast. All I can say is "try it, you'll like it"

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
RNEY, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

We can't say enough good things about this review, Karen. Happy to hear we could make your stay pleasant and trouble-free at Embassy Baton Rouge!

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Don't stay here! Our room had dirty sheets on a made up bed. The dirty sheets had hair and tissues on them when the top sheets were pulled back. Housekeeping is just nasty!!!!! The construction going on at this hotel was never cleaned up at the end of the day by housekeeping, just left dust, paint cans and everything else everywhere.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
1  Thank Tonya G

Rest assured, we never use dirty sheets to make a bed, Tonya. That said, I'm sorry to hear this room doesn't sound like it was up to our standards. In the future, let us know so we can fix the oversight immediately.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel is under construction and this fact was evidently lost on Expedia. I had to scream to over the drilling at the front desk and the rooms were not ready at the 3 p.m. check-in time. The TV in one room was broken, the refrigerator in the second room was broken, and, by the time we left, the toilet in the third room was malfunctioning. The staff's consistent reply was that there was "no guarantee". We were there for a funeral, and this nightmare of a stay did not help matters at all.

Room Tip: Run from this property!
1  Thank Jasia2014
RNEY, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

I'm sorry to hear your stay wasn't up to our normal standards. Even though we are under construction, we should be able to handle it for our guests. Being an Expedia reservation, our staff did not offer a guarantee because you paid Expedia directly. If you contact Expedia, they can arrange a refund for your stay.

(225) 924-6566

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Even though this hotel is under renovation we still expected a certain level of quality worthy of an Embassy Suites hotel. Unfotunately we did not get it here. The place is a shambles. Long wait to check in. Pool very crowded and not a towel to be found. Gym was a zoo & every towel gone also. Breakfast was average but the staff were pleasant. The managers reception at an Embassy Suites is becoming a free for all. This one was crowded (the bartender did very well to keep service fast and pleasant) but the "snacks" we totally comprised of vegetables and a few dips. Luckily we like vegetables, but for others it would have been disappointing. Finally, we asked for extra blankets and after a very long wait we were given two that had such a terrible stench we couldn't keep them in our room. Horrible!! We have been Embassy Suites regulars for many years but this stay gave us pause & made us re-think our choice for next time. Certainly never again at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
RNEY, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

You should always be able to expect a certain level of quality here, Sammy. I'm sorry to hear we disappointed you. I would love to be able to talk about this further, so if you have time, please give me a call.

(225) 924-6566

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in June while the major renovations were taking place. Yes there was a little noise and work was being done but it clearly stated on the hotels website that these things were going on. I have stayed here several times in the past and I will continue to make this property my chboice when I am in Baton Rouge. Front desk staff is very nice and will see to your needs quickly. The chefs at breakfast make you feel welcome. I was given one of the newly remodel rooms all modern chic look. In spite of the renovations I say if you are in the area stay here!.

• Stayed: June 2014
RNEY, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Happy we're your choice when you're in Baton Rouge. It means a lot to hear how welcome you feel here at Embassy Suites. Can't wait to have you back -- and show you all the new things we've done!

Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

If I could rate this place a zero I would! The hotel is under major renovations and is barely functional. The front desk area is so narrow you can barely fit in there. There are loose boards and crap everywhere. We were put on the 4th floor in a handicap accessible room (we booked a standard king). To get to our room it was a dark dingy hallway and was filthy! The room appeared clean but the shower, because itvwas an accessible room, was around 4ft tall. I am 5'9 amd it was a struggle to shower. The AC barely worked. The TV was fuzzy and the hot and cold spicket were reversed so umyou got cold water when you wanted hot amd vice versa. Tgis was the poorest excuse for an Embassy Suites I have ever seen. Dont stay here

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

I'm concerned to hear about your stay here. In the future, please let us know if you're experiencing any issues while you're here so we can take care of them immediately. If you'd like to resolve this, please call us: (225) 924-6566.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

My husband and I decided to drive from VA to TX to visit our children and grand children. We had been driving for two days and decided to stay at this hotel. As soon as we walked n we should have turned around and waked out, but we were exhausted and they had a room. If it was possible to leave no stars I would have. The hotel was under drastic renovations and the place was filthy. You couldn't stand at the check-in desk and have anyone pass behind you. You had to move out one the way. We got a room on the 4th floor but all the way up to the room was disgusting. There was dust covering all the railings and garbage all over the floor. The room itself was relatively clean but just dark and dingy. Also, the hotel has a center atrium so all the room doors open to the center of the hotel. At night there were kids running something along the spokes of the railings and that noise reverberated through out the hotel. In addition, every time someone ran water on another floor you couldn't hear the TV. Seriously, NEVER stay at this hotel or any Embassy Suites - I had the same experience at one in NJ. The Hilton family should be ashamed to have their name on it.

Room Tip: Don't chose a rm at all!
1  Thank Pambaknj

I'm really concerned to hear about your stay. When you were here, did you let us know you weren't happy? We always want you to feel completely taken care of and prefer to handle things in the moment.

We'd really like to resolve this, so if you want to discuss it more, please give us a call: (225) 924-6566