WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Nashville, TN
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I stay at Embassy Suites for their consistent quality, but unfortunately this one did not live up to the name. There was no hot water (they did apologize and said it was a system issue). The internet kept going out constantly when trying to use it so I could not get any work done. The coffee maker leaked so it made a mess and I couldn't get a full cup of coffee. The toilet required holding the handle for about 10 - 20 seconds for it to flush.

I wish I had better things to say. Everything else was good and a typical Embassy Suites, but those items will have me look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
I am very sorry that we were not able to provide you with the quality of service and amenities you deserve. I would like to thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters as well the internet. Our Chief of Engineer has worked diligently to improve our water heating system and it has been working successfully since that particular incident. We also contacted our Stay Connected Internet services to ensure that we will not have any issues with our network. We hope you will consider giving us another chance if you return to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night. It is cold in the lobby, but other than that, it is the average hotel you expect from a Embassy suites. If you are going to Baton Rouge, this hotel is the most convenient as it is right on the interstate.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jaden K
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments about the Embassy Suites Baton Rouge Hotel. I didn't see that you mentioned, but I hope that you had a chance to try our complimentary cooked to order breakfast, as well as our nightly manager's reception.

I hope that you stay with us again. Have a great day.
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

this is always my destination when I stay for football games in the BTR area. Close to great restaurants, next to I-10 exit, close to Tiger Stadium and everyone from the front desk to the maintenance man are very friendly.

Room Tip: Away form elevators and either the 7Th or 8th floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MiaMobile
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thanks a million for choosing the Embassy Suites Hotel, Baton Rouge as your choice destination for the LSU games. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our facilities, staff, and amenities. Geaux Tigers !!!!!
Lake Charles, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

My family & I (5 people) were in Baton Rouge for the LSU/Alabama football game. I made a reservation in March 2012 for two nights stay (Friday and Saturday) 2 double beds. As customary for me, I called a week in advance to confirm everything was set for our stay. Upon arrival, we were told ESPN took all of their 2 double bed suites. They could put us in a king bed suite (which would've left one of my family without a bed). They said they could relocate us to another hotel and were very apologetic. They welcomed us to come back the next morning for their lovely breakfast (which we did). The neighboring hotel, Crowne Plaza, accomodated us with two rooms (it took several phone calls from the manager of CP to the manager of ES, because CP only wanted to give us one regular room). CP could only give us a room for Friday night and ES could give us our requested room for Saturday night. It was a major inconvenience for us to unpack, repack, move hotels, store our things (we had an early tailgate), check in (1:00 AM before we got to the hotel after the game), get to our room, go back to the front desk to get our luggage (we were told by ES they would have our luggage in our room when we arrived & I reminded them of that when we stored our luggage). Finally we were able to shower and go to bed. This was an aggravating experience. Even though ES paid for our CP hotel expense, I feel they should have comped our stay for Saturday night at ES. I'm not sure that the lovely breakfast that ES offers is enough to bring me back. The CP had a much nicer, newer look to the room. ES needs an overhaul.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 1982KarlaH
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thank you for posting your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies. We take all comments we receive from our guests very seriously and your suggestions will help us improve guest safety at our property. Again, please accept our apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. If we can help in any way, please feel free to contact us.

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Business run to B.R., wife at home. I do like the location, just don't get a room facing north to the interstate. Convenient to many restaurants off College Drive. The property itself is showing it's age. Rooms are still comfortable, but getting a little run down from too many LSU football partys. Breakfast is always good and the parking is convenient. Downstairs bar is lively and good for the evening reception. All in all, there are better hotel choices in B.R. but if you are a creature of habit, this will suffice for an Embassy.

Room Tip: Just make sure that you get a room that doesn't face the high way.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JovelleBR, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
I was disappointed to hear the concerns you had in reference to our property. I have forwarded your information to the appropriate departments for review. I am so glad you had a chance to enjoy our facilities.
The manager's reception is indeed a great way to un-wind after a difficult day and the full cooked to order breakfast is an awesome start as well.
Thanks again for sharing your comments. Have a wonderful day.
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I would rate this property Excellent IF the furnishings in the suites were updated. The furnishings look like they came straight from the 1980's. The free breakfast is good as is the managers reception. (Why is it called a managers reception? I've never seen a manager at this property at the reception!)

Housekeeping is very good. The suite was spotless. Once again, the room's furnishings is the only downside. Bed was VERY comfortable.

You can not beat the location. Close to downtown and close to LSU.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I have reviewed your comments and I wanted to thank you for taking the time out to evaluate your stay with us. We strive to provide excellent customer service and a superior product.
With regard to the hotel furnishings, I have shared your comments with our Executive Committee as they are always looking for ways to improve our hotel.
We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Have a great day.
Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I visited recently for an LSU football game.  My first visit to Baton Rouge. I found the hotel easily off the interstate. The exterior seemed fine and the interior had a cool New Orleans motif going on.  The front desk staff were super friendly.

My room was sizable, but a major disappointment.  The suite is big, but the bathroom is small compared to the rest of the rooms.  The bathroom and bedroom are in need of a major dust cleaning. The bathroom vents need major duct cleaning as there's so much dust build up that it looks as if the vents haven't been cleaned since the building opened.

I saw heavy dust build up on the bedroom furniture as well.  Once you wiped the dust off you'd find bedroom furnishings that were pretty badly best up. Lots of scuffs and gouges in the wood work.

On the second day of my visit, I was upset to find that housekeeping had shorted me two bath towels. It's aggravating having to call the front desk for more towels.

Outside my room I found an old beat up vacuum cleaner that sat in the hallway overnight.

My stay was marred by the dust. Sleeping in a room like that is killer for anyone with allergies, asthma or any other pulmonary condition. I doubt I'll return.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank IntegrityTravel
I was disappointed to hear the concerns you had in reference to our property. I assure you this information will be forwarded to the appropriate managers to better facilitate and accommodate our guests needs. We value your opinions and thank you for your concerns.
Despite the areas of improvement, we hope that you will afford us a second chance to make things right.