My family & I (5 people) were in Baton Rouge for the LSU/Alabama football game. I made a reservation in March 2012 for two nights stay (Friday and Saturday) 2 double beds. As customary for me, I called a week in advance to confirm everything was set for our stay. Upon arrival, we were told ESPN took all of their 2 double bed suites. They could put us in a king bed suite (which would've left one of my family without a bed). They said they could relocate us to another hotel and were very apologetic. They welcomed us to come back the next morning for their lovely breakfast (which we did). The neighboring hotel, Crowne Plaza, accomodated us with two rooms (it took several phone calls from the manager of CP to the manager of ES, because CP only wanted to give us one regular room). CP could only give us a room for Friday night and ES could give us our requested room for Saturday night. It was a major inconvenience for us to unpack, repack, move hotels, store our things (we had an early tailgate), check in (1:00 AM before we got to the hotel after the game), get to our room, go back to the front desk to get our luggage (we were told by ES they would have our luggage in our room when we arrived & I reminded them of that when we stored our luggage). Finally we were able to shower and go to bed. This was an aggravating experience. Even though ES paid for our CP hotel expense, I feel they should have comped our stay for Saturday night at ES. I'm not sure that the lovely breakfast that ES offers is enough to bring me back. The CP had a much nicer, newer look to the room. ES needs an overhaul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Baton Rouge from our centrally located Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge hotel. Stretch out in our newly renovated all-suite hotel situated less than 20 minutes from Baton Rouge Metropolitan (BTR) Airport and just off I-10, linking you to the rest of Louisiana and beyond. Enjoy more space whether you’re on a Baton Rouge business trip or family vacation to visit Mike and the Fighting Tigers of Louisiana State University (LSU). All 223 suites at our Embassy Suites Baton Rouge hotel feature a private living room, flat-screen TVs and a separate bedroom. Enjoy a free made-to-order breakfast every morning which includes a fresh omelet station. Snacks and drinks are complimentary every night at this all-suite hotel Evening Reception*. Enjoy family and networking time in our open-air atrium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Baton Rouge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Baton Rouge
- Baton Rouge Embassy Suites