ELF Express
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sleep Inn South(Baton Rouge)
Very Good 4/5
Average 3/5
View Hotel
Motel 6 Baton Rouge(Baton Rouge)
Good 3.5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 21, 2009

These review are real and not from a disgruntled customers. We stayed here for a week due to our home being renovating and it was like the week from hell. The room had a bad odor to it, very unclean. They only cleaned the room up once during a week of stay. We had to go to the office and turn in our old bath towels to get fresh ones. We had to keep our food sealed tightly due to roach problems. This is by far the worst motel i've ever been in. Due to the state of the economy, i do understand that everyone is watching their pennies, but please spend a couple more dollars and find something decent. This place gives a new meaning to ROACH MOTEL.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank momof3and1
Reviewed September 3, 2008

Please take heed!!! This is a fact, not an opinion. We evacuated from New Orleans for a storm and my father-in-law's company got available rooms for it's employees. Unfortunately this was the only "Roach Motel" available. FUNKY, FUNKY, NASTY!!! These are the only words I could find to describe this place. The room was soooo dirty I had to run out to the store and buy my own cleaning supplies to clean this place. The carpet is a dark color and you can actually see and feel the dirt when you walk in. The doors could hardly open. The beds are stained and funky. The tub and face bowl look like they were'nt washed for months!!! I had to wash everything. There were drug heads and prostitutes occupying this place. We left the next day and was charged $70 bucks they should have paid me for the work I had to do in that place. Rip Off!!!! I am a fair person and I understand people have to make a living but these people need to be shut down for being sooooo funky and negligent to their patrons. Please avoid this place because you will be dissapointed when you get there!!!! One more thing, my husband and daughter slept in the car, they never stepped foot in the room.

• Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank djroth22
Reviewed August 24, 2008

I Stayed here for two days over the weekend when I was getting a truck worked on at a nearby repair shop.

Do you want ice for your rom?...Hopefully not...No ice, since ice machine is broken. (As of 8/24/08)

Room has a coutch that stinks. (room 100)

There are no nearby resturants in walking distance .

There are much better motels and hotels just across the interstate on the other side.

Although this place may be lower in price...You get what you pay for.

Otherwise, It is a quite place to sleep....Mainly because there are very few rooms booked.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Soarflight
Reviewed April 30, 2008

We booked 3 rooms for our college team to stay for a tournament in the area. We pulled up and saw prostitutes in the parking lot. It looked dirty and dingy. To get into the first room, we had to kick the door. There was mold and dirt everywhere. We left at once and found a much better hotel.
Our team has stayed at some awful places over the years but this one is the WORSE!! This place needs to be put out of business.

• Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Lcrich56
Reviewed February 2, 2008

This property was more than I expected. The renovations taking place are amazing, it does not look like the same hotel I stayed at last year.

The property is clean, safe and quiet. The nightly and weekly rates are the best in town and the staff does a great job getting you what you need.

They have nice meeting facilities, a reasturant opening in the front, Free Wi-Fi, and located right off the freeway.

Highly recommended if you are in town for a day, a week or a few months. Very accomidating.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)