1. Service: I usually don't care much about the hotel's service unless it's particularly bad, but this one was a very pleasant surprise. Twice in this two night stay have hotel staff offered to do something for me that I didn't ask which was both helpful and unexpected. For example, I called down to inquire about wi-fi access when I only saw $10/24-hr charge option, and I only needed it for a few hours. Without my asking, they offered to have me accept the $10 charge and they would remove it immediately. Immediate and favorable solution. Likewise, my wife and I were heading down to the pool in the elevator. A staff member asked us if we would need additional towels and had them sent to our room before we got back. All around friendly service at every stage. Free lemondade and fruit-infused water in the lobby is another nice touch.
2. Location: Baton Rouge is a driving city, so you're either downtown or here. I've lived here for a few years and am returning, so I can say with confidence that the best food is definitely in this neighborhood, not downtown. Downtown has some of the worst restaurants in the city, in my opinion. This is also the nicest hotel in town away from the casinos in case you consider those smokey boats a negative like I do. However, the hotel's right next to the highway, and even on the 16th floor, I can hear the traffic loud and clear.
3. Rooms: Very spacious but bathrooms are very small. Older hotel that must have been updated but they never seemed to expand the bathroom.
4. Restaurant suggestions: For something upscale, try Mansur's on the Boulevard about a block away. For upscale Italian, try Gino's: left on College and just a few blocks past I-10. For casual, the best Lebanese in town is 2 blocks away at Albasha's. There's a Whole Foods further down the same street that has a casual eating area. I've never tried the restaurant in the hotel.
5. Pool/jacuzzi. Both are outside and just okay. They just finished a renovation, so hopefully they will make it somewhat more private again. They still need to re-put up a barrier so everyone coming from the parking lot can't see you in the pool or jacuzzi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located off of the I-10, Baton Rouge Marriott is a top choice among hotels in downtown Baton Rouge, LA. Our functional, high-rise hotel sits just 4.8 miles from the Louisiana Art & Science Museum and 4 miles from Louisiana State University. We invite you to come relax in one of our guest rooms or guest suites, which boast pillow-top mattresses, separate sitting areas, coffeemakers, and flat-screen TVs. We provide Wi-Fi in our guest rooms and throughout our Baton Rouge, LA hotel. Some of our accommodations also feature mini refrigerators and/ or pull-out sofas. Our upgraded quarters offer access to a hotel club lounge, free breakfast, and complimentary snacks. At Baton Rouge Marriott, guests enjoy many fine amenities including our casual Cajun restaurant, a beautiful wood-paneled Lobby bar, a business center, an exercise room, and an outdoor pool (seasonal). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Baton Rouge Marriott reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Baton Rouge Marriott Hotel Baton Rouge
- Marriott Baton Rouge