Baton Rouge Marriott
Great 4.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsstayed at the marriottconcierge loungelobby barmeeting roombed was very comfortableroom was largefront desk staffbatonlsutelevision
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 29, 2014

i recently stayed at this hotel the night before a corporate plane flight. it was very convenient to the hanger. we had concierge level perks which were very nice. the concierge level is on the 20th floor and has a nice overlook of the highway. we were able to take advantage of the afternoon pre-dinner appetizers, late night cookies and coffee. the food was tasty and the room attendant was very polite.
check in and check out was speedy. the room was adequate with a king bed and nice desk. the soaps and bath products were better than most.
overall, i would recommend this for a business trip.

Room Tip: the higher floors have a great view
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I reserved two nights at the Marriott Baton Rough to run the Marathon. Although the room was nice, it wasn't any better than a comfort inn. I paid $127.00 a night until I asked about others paying $109. I was given one night at $109 and told only this time. My rate was higher for reserving two nights than people walking in off the street. There was no breakfast provided and internet was not free. Even in their business center there was fee for the internet.

My friend and I split the cost. She put one night on her card and I put one night on mine. The hotel charged her card as authorized. The hotel charged my card three separate times. They overcharged me in excess of $300! I called them 5 times in 3 days and it has yet to be resolved. They will not return my calls and pass me from one person to another. I am sure if I took $300 from the hotel with authorization that I would be in jail.

I could stay at a cheaper hotel, just as nice, with free internet and some type of free breakfast. Will avoid this Marriott and all others based on unauthorized charges to my account and the hotel's inability to correct the problem.

Room Tip: No extras, no frills, no different than a economy hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Angela L
Westley M, Front Office Manager at Baton Rouge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Thank you for your response. I am terribly sorry that you still have received no feedback from anybody about your charges. Please, if they have still not fallen off, call and ask for me. We've had a few changes in personnel in our accounting department lately, but I will make sure to handle this for you.

I know that you were concerned about the difference in rate. Please understand that the higher rate you booked with when you made your reservation was the rate for the marathon, and was higher because it guaranteed a seat on the shuttle to get to the race.

I understand that you did not have a pleasant experience, however I hope for a chance to eventually renew your trust and faith in our property. We would love to welcome you back to Baton Rouge soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

The staff at the Baton Rouge Marriott are extremely customer focused and provide nothing short of outstanding customer service. We checked in late, and the night front desk clerk, Lori focused on getting us checked into our room. I mentioned that I like the USA Today newspaper and the next morning Lori had ensured that I had a USA Today paper at my room, and also provided complimentary breakfast coupons! The next morning, Teri was very helpful and friendly when we checked out, and our server, Elaine was very attentive ensuring our breakfast was perfect. Overall the hotel is older, but is is clean, safe, and the staff is awesome! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, but overall the furnisings are in need of updating. Most noticeably the bathroom. The second sink in the bedroom area was great fot getting ready in the morning.

We enjoyed our one night stay at this Embassy Suites. The hot breakfast was great, including freshly made pancakes and made to order omelettes.

We would probably check out another hotel if we were to stay in the area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Donna Y
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Went there for a Christmas party this past weekend. This is the third year that the company my husband works for booked the party here and I don't understand why. The food is terrible and the service is too. The empty glasses stayed on the table the entire night, they never refilled the water glasses, had to tell one of the servants to get spoons to put out for the banquet table.
We all had rooms for the night. There is no free internet service which you can get @ cheaper hotels, the bed was terrible, to find an outlet that worked to charge my cell phone was impossible, the furnishings in the lobby and rooms have seen better years. Overall just a terrible experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business