“Baton Rouge Beach Marathon”

Baton Rouge Marriott
Ranked #37 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My stay at the Baton Rouge Marriott was top notch. I used the hotel as the host hotel for the Baton Rouge Beach Marathon. My room was very quiet and clean. The bed was very comfortable. It was unseasonably cold on race day and when I returned to the hotel. They was plenty of hot water. The front desk personnel were kind and considerate at checkin and checkout. This was my second stay at this hotel and now my choice hotel for this event.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Let me start by saying customer service and satisfaction is above all at the Baton Rouge Marriott!! Although I am not a people person, it's hard to be rude to anyone who just wants to help in any way humanly possible to assist in assuring that your stay is complete with everything you need, want, and so much more. My stay was in room 2016 right next to the concierge parlor. Amazing view out over the Baton Rouge city skyline with the city capital out in the distance and even LSU's famous Tiger Stadium or better known as "Death Valley" haha. The room was more than spacious with a pull out sofa and luxuriously comfortable king size bed that I just didn't want to leave!! I just happen to be staying the weekend Texas A&M football team was staying there at the hotel to play LSU...I never heard a disturbing sound not once through the walls so that was a huge plus for sleep time. The concierge breakfast, snacks, and dinner was beyond superb. Even had the wonderful hostess prepare me a nice unwinding drink after a long day of work that was well needed thanks! Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my stay here. Marriott should graciously thank general manager Mr. Al and sales associate Mrs. Teri because they are most definitely going to make sure your every need has been met while all at the same time delivering southern hospitality at it's finest. I say thank you to them and the team you have put together here at the property. Anytime I travel to Baton Rouge this will always be my #1 hotel of choice!!

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank psiphi
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Attended the LSU family weekend and booked at this motel. The room was clean but there was not a working fan in the bathroom. Made for bad oder, if you know what I mean, since the room was fairly small. Went for breakfast and found the restaurant to be woefully understaffed. Waited to be seated, waited to be attended to and breakfast ended up being an hour of futility (food was good). Attempted to use the drink vending machines on my floor but it was out of order. Had to go to 5 different floors o find a bottle of water, all we're out. Remember, this was Friday of LSU homecoming weekend, you would think the vending machines would be stocked. No free WiFi, $12.95 per day. Went to the game but became I'll and had to return to the motel, and you guessed it, they did not have a channel showing the game. Very disappointed in ths stay, probably would not return.

Room Tip: Stayed on the 18 th floor, it was quiet and clean.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Are there newer and fancier hotels in Baton Rouge? Sure, but I keep coming back to this hotel because of the exceptional customer service from the front desk staff to the maintenance staff to the concierge staff. At the end of a long business day it is the service that makes a difference. Staff are super helpful and go out of their way to address every imaginable need from checking to see if I left my cellphone charger in the room after I checked out to running down some restaurant needs for clients. Super cheerful front desk staff, always eager to make sure I get just the right
accommodations for my needs.

Kayla Carter and Brandon King at the front desk are superstars for their service.

Will continue to return.

Location near large variety of restaurants, Starbucks (not as many in LA as other states), and proximity to interstate are also a plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stay here a couple of times per month for football games and are never displeased. There could certainly be better service in the bar but overall it's a reliably comfortable place to stay. Food service is adequate...........neither great nor bad.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Have stayed here several times over the past two years. This was by far the worst experience. While I am an elite member and was given a very nice room, the meeting rooms were awful. The temperature in the meeting rooms could not be controlled; the rooms were like ice. By the third day, several attendees were becoming sick as a result of the excessively cold environment. Meals were subpar. Chicken and salmon greatly overcooked. Cookies were warm (they are a high point). Guest room was clean. Bed very comfortable. Even on the 20th floor, could still hear noise from the highway.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Folks are great. Stayed 7 weeks and they take great care of you. Bar folks were fantastic.
The rooms were ok but seemed to be aging. Had a small fridge leak all over rug. And there were a batch of bath towels that were frayed and thin. Again... Aging.

• Stayed: October 2013
Westley M, Front Office Manager at Baton Rouge Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you so much for your comment! We appreciate your feed back, and are excited to take the appropriate action to bring a positive change!

I will make sure to extend appreciation to the staff for making your lengthy stay enjoyable, especially the bar.

I apologize that you found your room to be aging, however we are taking steps to improve the face value of the property, starting with the purchase of some new refrigerators!

Thank you again for not only your feedback but also choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your company and hope to welcome you back to Baton Rouge soon!