“Nice full service property near campus, Mall of LA and downtown”

Baton Rouge Marriott
Ranked #43 of 78 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a very useful property for me. Had business downtown and at LSU, worked out great. Location is perfect and plenty of good restaurants and shopping close to this hotel. Full service and food pretty good at the hotel, very nice concierge lounge.

Room Tip: Stay away from the very slow elevators. If you can, get concierge access, they do a great job!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Baton Rouge Marriott

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The Baton Rouge Marriott team was wonderful to work with. The hotel was clean, accommodating, extremely helpful and the staff went above and beyond in every way possible. My company produced an event in the ballroom at the Marriott, catered throughout the day and the Marriott team made the entire experience seamless.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2013

This hotel is in a very good location, close to the interstate and several good Resteraunts. Unfortunately the rooms are old, tired and not very inviting. While there was nothing horrible about the place it just feels worn out and dingy. The lobby and lobby resteraunt are old and in bad need of updating. The AC system doesn't work that well in the room. The place was clean but not very inviting.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The Marriott was the sponsor hotel for The Color Run 5K and since they were offering such good rates I decided to stay there. I was a little concerned that it was not going to be that great but when we arrived the Color Run staff was there with pumped up music and lots of energy. We picked up our packet and headed in for check in. Upon entering it smelled so fresh and clean. The lobby was huge and everyone upon walking in was very nice. The hotel clerk was very friendly. I had called before arrival and requested a low floor with double beds. I got the room I wanted. The room was very nice. The beds were fresh and clean and the bathroom was spotless. It was actually more clean than I had expected. The beds were nice and comfortable. Nothing negative about this hotel at all. I felt safe also. The next morning we went to the restaurant and realized that breakfast was not free. :( But it was around 13.00 including your drink. You could order off the menu or eat off the buffet or both. The waiters were extremely friendly and accommodating .

The Color Run was the next morning so we left around 8:00 a.m. There was music and excitement and lots of fun. The race went off without a hitch and when we got back for the color celebration it was wonderful. I will return next year and stay at the same place!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Recently stayed at the Baton Rouge Marriott --- staff at the reception desk was very friendly and helpful. The young man provided me with restaurant recommendations and also directions --- did a great job of welcoming me. This Marriott really needs an updating! I travel quite a bit & made a note not to stay there again...needs some cleaning up and modernizing!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed for 2 days for a business conference. My room was large and comfortable. The bed is very comfortable with lots of pillows and clean bedding. The room was cleaned well and serviced. The bathroom is very small but modern and clean. My only complaint is the charge for Internet. $3 an hour! Or $15 until noon. Well I didn't get into the room until 9 pm and had to be back in meetings at 8 the next morning. It was a total waste of money to spend on Internet.

The business meeting area was well proportioned and adequately furnished. They refreshments tasted good and was very welcome.

The bar area is very comfortable and the staff is very friendly. Whether you pass someone in a hall or being serviced by an employee in the bar, all are friendly and ready to offer any help!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank KAP1105
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was consistent with what I have come to expect of Marriott. The building was older however my room had been re-done and was up to the Marriott standard. There was a bit more road noise than I expected as the hotel is quite close to interstate 10. The concierge lounge is not open on weekends which was slightly disappointing but also expected. Room service was good.

The shining point of this hotel though is the staff. Every person was beyond helpful and genuinely very nice. Even the room service personnel engaged me in pleasant conversation and wanted to make sure they were providing everything I needed.

If I'm in town on business in the future, I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013