“Great Stay During Super Bowl Weekend”

Baton Rouge Marriott
Ranked #44 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay During Super Bowl Weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for my trip to the super bowl, staff was top notch and rooms were great. The desk staff responded to all of our request in a very timely and friendly fashion. I will be sure to stay at this hotel on my next visit to Baton Rouge.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dwayne W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Fredericksburg VA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

We spent the night here- I couldn't sleep it was so noisy. The walls must be made out of tissue paper. Between the traffic from the freeway and people in the halls it made the place unbearable. Even after a couple of drinks it still kept me awake. The service was excellent, loved the bar and the drinks. Bed was comfortable - didn't like the pillows. Wish I would have slept better.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank o2beinpa

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Monroe, Louisiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have stayed at this Marriott multiple times in the past (lower floors), and the beds were comfortable, rooms were clean, and hotel was nice. This time I was put on the Concierge floor, and the bed in my room was the 2nd most uncomfortable bed I've ever slept in in my life. I reported it to management, and told them they needed to replace the mattress and box springs - they were sagging in the middle. They said they did, but I don't buy it. My room service order had a hair on the plate. One of the 3 elevators wasn't working - this has occurred at this property multiple times before. The desk chair height adjustment wasn't working, which is an ergonomic issue if you're trying to work on a laptop on the desk. I expect more for the price. And I get royally tired of having to tell hotels what needs to be fixed in their rooms AFTER I check in.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
1 Thank cajunpeggy
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Marriott management makes an aging property a hospitable and worth a business stay. The televisions have been upgraded and the fitness room is in good shape. The Executive Lounge is well-managed and accommodating. We'll stay here again. Rehab the interior of elevators -Please.

Stayed January 2013
1 Thank acoulter
Charlotte, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

this place sucks. Hotel is dirty, old and it basically sounds like you are ON the interstate
avoid at all costs! the hotel is really, really bad. I would avoid at all costs.
I stayed here on business and really really regretted it. Hotel service was good but the rooms suck.

Room Tip: dont do it
1 Thank RichardCLT
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013

Came in early to check-in. The staff was very friendly. I was given a room on the higher floors (Gold) with access to the Concierge. The rooms were clean and equipped with many amenities. I had left my cell phone charger at the last Marriott I stayed. The staff allowed me to use one that they had. The concierge staff was friendly. Nice fitness center. Close walking distance to Melting Pot, Sullivan's, etc. I would stay again when back in the area.

Room Tip: top floors are nice. but all rooms have view of the highway
1 Thank NorCal_ds
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013

The staff at this Marriott are incredible and give five star service. Everyone was so helpful and charming. The breakfast buffet was excellent. They had turkey sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, grits, beautiful fresh fruit(wide variety), yogurt, bagels, toast, hashbrowns, omlettes, pancakes, waffles, biscuits with sausage gravy, delicious rich coffee and orange juice. Our waitress was in Marriott training from the Philipines and was simply incredible. Everything from placing the napkin in your lap to the careful but elegant pouring of the coffee and cream. When I pulled out my IPAD the waitress made sure to let me know that WIFI was available. I have NEVER been waited on like this in a hotel before. You will feel like you are in a very very expensive restaurant. The service is that good! The management at Marriott must be pleased with their staff. They are five star superstars.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family