“The fantastic service was unbeatable!”

Baton Rouge Marriott
Ranked #43 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Richmond, Virginia
“The fantastic service was unbeatable!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The manager at the front desk made my day!!

He was so generous to upgrade my room without having to ask. The room was larger and spacious. I had access to the concierge lounge and it had a good selection of food for breakfast and evening bites.

I also forgot my cell phone charger and so they were kind enough to let me use theirs.

The building isn't brand new, but it is nice with the large marble floor entranceway. Next time I'm in the area, I will go there again just for the customer service. They left me with a great impression.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Niely C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

The service, cleanliness, attentiveness, and comfort of this hotel was all five stars. Rarely do I ever enjoy such a great experience. The staff did so many little things to make me feel important. They even went and got my husband his favorite drink (not on the premises), Dr. Pepper. I would love to return to this hotel; I appreciated so many little great things they did.

Room Tip: I had a room with a great view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Anita P
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Went here with a group. We had room doors left open by staff, maids went through belongings and arranged things(maybe in an effort to do be nice) but every other place weve ever stayed at you are not allowed to touch guests belongings. Air wasnt really working great kind of warm in room. You could hear everything your neighbor did. The phone, coughing, etc. Thin walls and noisy traffic as well. Stay away if you can.

• Stayed September 2012

Travelers are raving about these Baton Rouge hotels

Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

One expects better at a Marriott. The furniture in the rooms was decades old. The bed was uncomfortable. The room was almost bare. There was no way to keep drinks cold. The hotel made no attempt to compete with the others right around it....Just seemed to be content to be a Marriott. The staff was friendly and attempted to do their best but often seemed "aware" of the hotel's shortcomings.
Business is the only reason I will ever stay at this hotel. The meetings were here, but otherwise, I'll choose a hotel that actually lives up to its reputation.

Room Tip: One is as good as another. All are average.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

During my 3 day stay, the staff of the Baton Rouge Marriott went out of their way to make certain that I was more than satisfied with every aspect of their hotel. To be brutally honest, I was here at the worst of possible times, as Hurricane Isaac was moving through Louisana. Within hours of checking in, we lost power, ergo no air conditioning, TV, Cable, Internet, and lights. It was during this worst of all possible moments, I saw the best that this Marriott had to offer. With 91% occupancy and only 70% of their staff, the Baton Rouge Marriott somehow managed to distribute bottled water, lite-sticks, and were even able to grill up a basic hot meal for all of the guests. Granted, it wasn't cordon-bleu, but in the middle of a hurricane? It was awesome!
The thing that got me was, the long hours that ALL the staff (and managers!) put in. I saw the same faces at 4 am as they began the arduous effort of preparing breakfast (again without electricity) and again at lunch, and then dinner, and late night as they cleaned up after a hotel full of very tired, very warm, and sometimes very irritable guests.
If the Baton Rouge Marriott can provide that level of service in that type of horrible conditions, imagine how well they'll do in normal operation.

Actually, I had stayed here before back in February of 2012 and I was really pleased then as well. But this trip, Hurricane Isaac didn't blow me away, the staff at the Baton Rouge Marriott did!

I heartily recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Great view from the upper floors. But if there's a chance of a hurricane, the lower floors have...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Southwest Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I stayed a week here recently. While this is a full service Marriott, it is not up to what I would expect for one.

First the good news. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out was quick and efficient. Since I was here for a week long meeting that I was running, I got to stay on a Concierge floor with access tot he Concierge Lounge on the 20th floor. It was very pleasant having access to the Lounge for snacks and drinks after all day meetings.

There are several restaurants within walking distance, including Sullivan's Steakhouse, The Melting Pot, Ruby Tuesday and Mansur's on the Boulevard. If you want to have some good Cajun food, you will need to drive to it.

The food was decent. Not great, but decent. The restaurant is only open for breakfast and lunch. Dinner is in the adjoining pub. The pasta dish I had clearly had sauce from a jar. I suppose I shouldn't expect more from a hotel restaurant, but after all, this is a Marriott.

A couple of days, at the end of the day, when I wanted to purchase a NY Times, both days the front desk agent told me to just take it, since it was already almost day old news anyway. I thought that was a nice touch.

Now the not so good news. The way this hotel is situated, all rooms face the highway. And it is incredibly noisy. I was on the 18th floor and the sound of traffic still made it difficult to sleep at night. This was my biggest complaint about this place; and it was a major one, IMHO. I couldn't agree more with the reviewer Joyce M, who recommended bringing your ear plugs.

I did notice other hotels nearby and also close to the highway, so I can't imagine they are much quieter.

The rooms need a makeover. The entire hotel looks like it could use a makeover. When I checked in I jokingly told the front desk agent that they should change the name of the street from Hilton Avenue to something else. It turns out this property used to be a Hilton. That may explain why it looks a little run down.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tonypct
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed here due to a great weekend rate - as cheap or cheaper than a nearby Courtyard and Fairfield. Typically great/friendly Marriott staff and a large outdoor pool. But the facility needs a major overhaul instead of the carpet/paint updates it has seen. Even though our reservations indicated King or 2 Queen beds, we were told at check in that they only had 2 std double beds. As others have mentioned, it's very noisy being next to IH-10. I have stayed at other hotels next to freeways and could barely hear the traffic. The place needs insulated windows. The bathrooms, while "modern," are tiny compared to other Marriott facilities. The room and the hallways had a musty smell.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family