“Great business stay, good location, great value.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Baton Rouge - I-10 East
Ranked #13 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great stay, good location, great value. I appreciate super-clean and quiet, and this hotel hit a home run. Only thing I could suggest would be a different solution for eggs at breakfast (which is an issue for all Hamptons). I'll be back though,

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank rodlandersal

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We were at this Hampton Inn merely for 8 hours, literally. We arrived after 2 am and left by 10 am because we were going on a cruise out of New Orleans. It only took that long, though, to leave an amazingly excellent impression on us. All of the personnel were friendly and professional; the young lady working the breakfast especially so.

The rooms were the cleanest I've ever seen and smelled incredibly fresh. Even with the standards being fairly consistent with this chain, this property stood above the rest. Even the breakfast was laid out well, extremely fresh and tasty.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone-business travelers, families, long stays.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shari S
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one week in September 2012.
In most respects this is a typical Hampton Inn. The room was nice, and breakfast is the typical Hampton Inn offering, and well prepared. Most of the breakfast is actually available significantly before the official 6AM scheduled time. Which is a big help if one needs to make an early start.

However, two issues arose.

First, their idea of a 'comfortable chair' is an armless (upholstered) side chair. I like something to sit in and put my feet up while reading or watching TV other than the desk chair, or on the bed. Apparently all the standard rooms are equipped with only this style of chair.

To their credit, the front desk staff did upgrade me to a better room with a small sofa in it, which was certainly an acceptable compromise.

The second item regards the quality of the internet service. While the wireless signal is fine, the Internet is VERY slow. The best I was ever able to measure was bursty to 500kbit/sec. One evening the speed was measured at 0.025 Mbit/sec. This is DIAL UP speeds.

This last item was a deal breaker for me, so I checked out to another chain hotel in the area.

So, if decent internet is not an issue for you, this could be a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed two nights with my wife; asked in e-mail for top floor away from I-10 and elevator and got it. Late check-out at 1pm was easy to obtain on 2nd day; we ate our salads for lunch in the breakfast room. Room was typical Hampton Inn, clean with large bed king perhaps a bit soft for our taste, Good TV and AC and well equipped bathroom but with a shower and no bath. Wi-fi worked well but a bit slow a times. Staff was very nice.
Breakfast was a typical Hampton Inn one: waffles, some hot stuff, fruit salad, and so on. We would stay there again.
One can visit nice gardens 5 minutes away at the Essen Lane 1-10 exit maintained by LSU ;one is free and the other (Windrush)3$.

Room Tip: Lower # rooms are away from I-10
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrancoistheEconomist
Reviewed September 7, 2012

When my husband and I entered our room, I immediately noticed there was no tub, only a shower. Tub baths are my relaxation, we had driven far, so I called the desk to switch rooms. I was told that the King rooms had ONLY showers. If I wanted a tub, we'd need to book a room with two queens but none were available. Needless to say, I was very disappointed in our room. There was no stuffed chair or love seat in the room, only a desk chair. I have stayed in much nicer Hampton Inns. Staff was fine, breakfast average for a Hampton, but I will not go back there.

Room Tip: If you want a tub, get two queens, not a king.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2012

After reading some of the reviews I was a little nervous about this Hampton. I had stayed the previous night in a mediocre Hampton near the New Orleans airport and didn't know what to expect here.

The location is nothing special. It is on an access road along side the I-10 freeway, so it is a very functional but not pretty location. Once inside the hotel I was quite pleased with the choice. The lobby area is large, clean and one of the newer, more upscale Hampton lobbies. The room was also quite nice. I paid for a standard room but was upgraded to a small suite. The room was modern, with a large bathroom and spotlessly clean. Everything worked well. The bed was large and extremely comfortable.

I found the hotel staff friendly, knowledgeable about the area and very helpful. The Hampton breakfast buffets are all pretty basic, but this one was on the above average side with the food choices replenished frequently.

There are plenty of dining and shopping choices close by.

All-in-all a very well managed Hampton that is reasonably priced and provides an above average hotel experience. If I am back in the area I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank kwebb100
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Nice eating area with scrambled eggs. Spacious lobby. Room is good, somewhat small. Bathroom is nice, walk in shower. Appears clean overall. Convenient to baton rouge and off 10 for new Orleans. This is a frontage road, a little congested.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business