“Fantastic Food Magical View”

Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge
Reserve with OpenTable
Tsunami Shaw Center - Baton Rouge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 1,074 Restaurants in Baton Rouge
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Convention/North St/Third
Description: Sister restaurant to Tsunami Lafayette, we offer a diverse menu which focuses on obtaining the freshest seafood and all around ingredients available. Our menu has remained water cooler conversation with its Japanese and Eastern fare, striving to add innovative new dishes as we travel the globe sampling ideas and bringing them back to our beloved customers. Food offerings include standard sushi rolls, nigiri and sashimi. In addition to our fresh Japanese tempura and teriyaki dishes, TSUNAMI also offers delicious Asian inspired specials on Friday and Saturday evenings, ranging from duck to wahoo to ribeye steak prepared by our award winning chefs.
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

The robust Miso soup started the evening on a good note. Chocolate cake for dessert finished a perfect dinning experience and everything in between was excellent! The snow crab salad was a stand out. We would have enjoyed our meal without the view which was the most memorable in years. Highly recommend!!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We ate lunch here during our trip along the Gulf. The place is very attractive and we had the option to sit outside since the weather was a lovely 70 degrees in January!! It was pleasant to sit and watch the barges going up and down the Mississippi. I am not a sushi eater, nor is my husband so he ordered the teriyaki chicken and I ordered the salmon. It was good. The service was slow but they were pleasant. We enjoyed walking around the rooftop and taking pics after our lunch. I would recommend this restaurant to any spending some time in Baton Rouge. It is romantic and a little different than the normal seafood restaurant.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I don't know what has happened to Tsunami. We have been many times and have given good ratings in the past. Last night was pretty typical for us. We ordered about $200 worth of food and drinks (1 drink per person) plus two desserts for our party of four. The food was good as usual. The server did an excellent job. The problem came with the busser. Our plates were picked up from in front of us while we were still eating. Drinks were picked up even though we were still drinking on them. We, like others in the room were definitely being rushed. That would be okay in some restaurants, but not here. Yes, they had people waiting for tables, but this was unacceptable for a restaurant like this. The check was actually delivered with the food even though we had not ordered our desserts yet. We ordered drinks, then ordered our food when the server brought the drinks. If we had been slow in ordering or eating, I would understand, but we were not. If we had created a disturbance or if we had been rude to any of their staff, then I would understand, but we were very gracious and appreciative of the staff. If we were identified as poor tippers, I would understand, but we always tip 20% or more. Tsunami, please fix this.

1  Thank HavePlaneWillTravel
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

My husband wanted to return for the view and the food. I was disappointed with the sushi. The fried oysters appetizer was fabulous. The tuna and salmon nigiri were average. One of the salmon pieces was inedible. The rolls were tasty, but the rice was a little gummy.

1  Thank Orchid22310
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Either in the restaurant or out on the rooftop, you can have beautiful views of the Mississippi River, the "new" bridge, and parts of downtown Baton Rouge. The views alone warrant going to the Tsunami restaurant at the Shaw Center for at least a drink, but my wife and I rarely do just that. Rather we go for dinner and enjoy some fine food. We have not yet explored too much of the menu, but each time we go we try to order something we haven't had before. So far, we have never had anything we didn't like. I think every time we have gone there the service has been prompt and friendly. The staff has been uniformly young every time we have gone, and I would say the dining crowd on the whole is younger than at some other nice restaurants in town. The Tsunami restaurant does not offer "cheap eats", but we have always felt that the food, the service, and the view have fully justified the tab. Also, I normally don't order a fancy (often sweet, often cutely-named) cocktail before my meal. But Tsunami offers some interesting concoctions and I have enjoyed the ones I've tried.