“Beautiful comfort with poor service”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge
Ranked #14 of 77 Hotels in Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Shreveport, United States
“Beautiful comfort with poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

The hotel told us our large group would we comfortable with four to a room. They described the pull out sofa as a double. It was a twin. We slept three adults in a king size bed. Not pleasant. The staff continually gave the excuse that the hotel was full. That was why there were no forks at breakfast. And why the beds were twins, not doubles. And why they had no coffee at breakfast.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

19068, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Heather,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. We look at all feedback and focus on improving whenever we can. I am not sure what room type you booked because Tripadvisor does not reveal your information, I apologize for any confusion while making your reservations. We have executive king rooms and poolside rooms with king beds and a sitting area with a small pullout sofa. Those rooms have a maximum occupancy of 4 occupants. We also have suites with either a king or two queen beds in the bedroom, separate living room with a double size pullout sofa, and full kitchen. Those suites have a maximum occupancy of 4-6 occupants. I am sorry that we were unable to change your reservation to another room type due to our availability. I will also look into the reason for the delayed breakfast items that you mentioned, as those should be readily available during breakfast hours. We hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Jennifer Holmes

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Cut Off, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

I will start out by saying I love this hotel and stay here every time I am in Baton Rouge (and that is pretty often) and recommend it to friends. Back in December, I reserved a room for the first and second weekend in April. Due to bad weather, I decided to cancel the first weekend -- was coming to town for LSU baseball and softball. I went to my online account and there was no reservation for the first weekend, so I figured I never made it. Well imagine my surprise when I checked my email Sat morning and it turns out I did have my reservation for the weekend. I was charged for Friday night. I called Scott Morvant the hotel manager and left a message Sat morning and Monday afternoon. I finally reached him on Tuesday afternoon and he said there was nothing he could do because the hotel was totally booked!! I guess if it hadn't been sold out he could have given me a refund. He suggested I call 1-800 western since it was an online problem. They were no help either and said it was up to the hotel. Oh well for working with me. I am thinking I will have to think long and hard before I want to stay at this hotel again.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Molly,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your recent reservation experience. I am sorry that there was some confusion in your account displaying your reservations. Unfortunately, each individual Best Western hotel can only view and control our internal reservation system, not the international side of it. We can always double check our internal reservations and edit them at any time for any reservations that are not a pre-paid third party website. Unfortunately, since we were completely sold out and had to turn reservations away, we are not able to refund your no-show fee. However, we are more than happy to work with all of our guests when emergencies happen, weather, etc. as long as it is before 6:00pm the day of arrival. We appreciate your return business and we hope that you will give us another chance to exceed your expectations in the future. I would also like to offer you an upgrade for your next reservation.

Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

I read a comment someone else made that the Best Western Plus motels are more predictable as to quality than their other motels so we decided to try this one. It was a little more money than what we had been paying but sooo worth it. The rooms, their decor and furnishings were lovely, well worth the price!!
Our only disappointment was that we were told there would be free hors d'oeuvres in the lounge that evening but it turned out the only thing they were serving was potato soup. Potato soup?!? Not finger foods?!? Nope, just soup. Blah. We went across the back parking lot to eat and have a drink.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
19068, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 4 star review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience in your first BEST WESTERN PLUS hotel. We rotate our complimentary hors d'oeuvres seasonally and we are currently changing from winter to spring and summer items. We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to the Baton Rouge area to try them.

Urania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Best Western Inn in Baton Rouge LA. The staff and quality of the hotel was superior. For the price that I paid my room was neat, clean, and comfortable. The access to the hotel off the interstate was easy to find. The breakfast was top-notch. Overall experience was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

19068, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Deanie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent experience while staying with us. I am so glad to hear that you felt like you were at home because that is also our motto. We want every guest to feel like this is their "Home away from home." I am also glad that you enjoyed the value for the spacious room and amenities, like the hot buffet breakfast. I will let my team know your kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Corpus Christi, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is undoubtedly the best Best Western that I have ever stayed in (a diamond member so that's quite a few). The service is always top notch and the amenities are great. They have a very good selection for breakfast, from fresh fruit and yogurt to biscuits and gravy. I use this Best Western any time I'm in the Baton Rouge area and need a place to rest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

19068, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Elden,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. I appreciate your repeat business and are so glad to hear that you always enjoy your experience with us from the spacious rooms to the complimentary hot buffet breakfast. I will be sure to let our staff know your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

upscale room with all the amenities, professional and friendly staff, and pristine grounds; parking available for large trucks, easy access off and on freeway, plenty of other eating areas, spring weather is awesome and close to the casinos for leisure pleasure

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Elizabeth,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed all of our amenities, like the hot buffet breakfast, the spacious rooms, and campus grounds. Our convenient location does make it quick and easy to get anywhere in Baton Rouge. I will be sure to let our staff members know that you mentioned them in your feedback. We hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to Baton Rouge.

DeRidder, LA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We have been staying at this hotel when we go to Baton Rouge for dance competition for about 5 to 6 years. It has always been a great experience for all the families. We usually have to have 20 plus rooms, and all my families have been totally satisfied over the years. Wilks Holmes has handled our group reservations, and he goes beyond the call of duty to make sure everything is ready for us. Great place! Because we have young dancers with us, I am always cautious about security anywhere we stay. No problem with this location. The families all feel very secure and welcomed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about you and your dance team's recent stay with us and for the 5 star review. I am so pleased to hear that you and your team enjoyed your experience this year. I will be sure to let Wilks know your kind words in your feedback. Congratulations on the competition outcome! We look forward to having you back next year.