Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Jennings, LA
“Great!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My husband and I were staying so that I could take my NCLEX in Baton Rouge, we were thrilled to see that the testing center was literally directly across the street, my husband was able to walk me to my exam after breakfast and walk back to the room. I had requested an updated room when I booked since i read other reviews that suggested that and I also requested a quiet room. We loved our room!! We were in building B, which was closest to the interstate so that worried me at first but we were in an even number room so we weren't facing the interstate, rather the courtyard of the hotel. We didn't hear a single car or horn all night!!! The air conditioner cuts out random noise anyways but I was relieved that we didn't ear a peep. Our room thankfully was one of the updated rooms and it was lovely!! The updated rooms have no tub, just a large tiled walk in shower which is great!! Breakfast was fabulous in the main building and the staff was extremely friendly. We loved our stay and Betst Western made our stay for that stressful test so much more convenient. Only negative is that if you own a best western rewards card you can't earn any points if you book from a company other than best western, I figured this out this trip
Because I had never booked with an affiliated company like this one but it doesn't even matter because the price was great!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

19068, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at our hotel and in Louisiana. We do our best to ensure that each guest enjoys their stay and that we exceed their expectations. We do this by taking each guest's feedback to heart and focus on improving wherever we can. I am also pleased to hear that our staff was a pleasure to work with, guest service is our top propriority. Please let us know the next time that you are in Baton Rouge and we would be happy to make you another reservation. You can also follow us on facebook and see all of our updates as they happen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Tipp City, Ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We were pleased to have such a nice hotel in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We had been on an airboat tour in Henderson, LA earlier in the day. The tour was wonderful, but got us very hot and sweaty in the 100 degree humid weather. This hotel had a nice outdoor pool and a very nice comfortable room. The front desk staff was very friendly. Our bed was very comfortable, and had a lot of nice amenities--in room fridge, coffee maker, flat screen TV, etc. I guess what we would expect from a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel and in Louisiana. We are constantly looking for guest feedback to improve our hotel with every opportunity. Our full hot buffet breakfast is one of our number one compliments. We are making a few changes and updates around the property that I am sure you will also enjoy, such as our new king bed headboards with LED lights and new nightstands. Please let me know the next time you are coming through Baton Rouge and we would be happy to make you another reservation. You can also follow us on facebook and see all of our updates as they happen. Again, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I choose this motel based on other reviews and was not disappointed. Overall, an excellent stay. The room (1 king bed) was spacious, microfridge, microwave, nice-sized desk for my laptop and papers, in-room coffee maker, comfortable bed, wall-mounted flat screen TV. I was on the second floor and did not notice an elevated, so I lugged my suitcase (48 pounds) up the stairs, but that's not an issue - yet. Breakfast was very good: eggs and a number of condiments, biscuits, gravy, juice, grits, many other items. The only drawback was the pool was green with algae and all the poolside chairs were ripped and therefore uncomfortable to use. Dozens of popular eating places within a 5 minute drive and some within a 5 minute walk. I recommend this property and would stay here again.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms facing the courtyard (pool) have balconies with chairs.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Frank,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your hotel room during your recent stay with us and that you enjoyed the many wonderful options that our breakfast has to offer. We try to really listen to what our guests would like and appreciate out of their stays with us and want to make them as comfortable as possible. In regards to the pool area issues that you mentioned, we are aware of the problems and have already addressed them. Unfortunately, we had several pieces break on our pool chlorinator but have repaired them and the pool is already back to being clear and blue. Because there is so much use in the pool area this time of year, some of the lounge and pool chairs have become worn, however, we have ordered new replacements and they should arrive any day now. Thank you for your valuable feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Jennifer Holmes
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Nice full kitchen in suite. Good bed. Clean. There are posted signs that say 100% non-smoking in public areas, but people were smoking at the pool each day. Nice full breakfast, just didn't keep it well-stocked (only sugar-free syrup for waffles) and didn't keep up with the crowd (waited 10 minutes for milk, etc.). Overall recommended! Felt like new.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I am very pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. However, I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations for breakfast in the morning. It is usually a favorite. However, please know that we have taken your feedback to heart and have hired more food and beverage staff to be able to keep up with high volume and traffic. We have also ordered bulk syrup and milk as these seem to be a favorite and we want to ensure that each guest enjoys this experiance. Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and please let us know the next time that you are in Baton Rouge and we would be happy to make you another reservation.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We checked in our suites and immediately notice a displeasing orders in both suites. One suite had a musty smell and the other had a mildew/mold odor. I reported the odors to the front desk staff, but they did not have any other suites to transfer us to. I requested to check out the same day and the staff refused to let us immediately check out . Therefore, we toughed it out there resulting in us having severe allergic reactions. The next morning we immediately checkout of the Best Western. These suites also needs to be updated.

Room Tip: Suites on the upper floors are less susceptible to water damage that could cause mildew/mold.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and are working on improving. It is sometimes difficult in south Louisiana to ensure that the humidity does not affect the guest rooms, especially when a lot of guests also visit the pool. We have purchased a deep cleaning carpet and upholstry cleaner that should help with this issue and are also updating our hotel room and suite furniture. We hope that you will give us another chance and would love to have you stay with us the next time you are in Baton Rouge. Again, I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your last stay.
North Texas
Reviewed June 14, 2012

We spent the past weeknd in Baton Rouge for the USBC tournament and could not be more pleased with this Best Western. The nice woman at the front desk immediately asked if we'd like a ground floor since we had a lot of bowling equipment and there are no elevators (two stories) . When we arrived in our room, it was spotless and very comfortable. About 15 minutes after we arrived, the front desk called to make sure things were fine and to see if we needed anything. The free breakfast was very tasty and the self serve waffle counter was a big hit with my family. Everyone we dealt with was very polite and helpful. Normally during the tournament we stay close to the bowling venue but the downtown rates were through the roof so we stayed a few miles away and are very happy with our choice. Conveniently located for dining and only about 3 miles from the Belle of Baton Rouge and Hollywood Casinos. If we return to Baton Rouge, we'd certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: It did look like the rooms that backed up to the interstate could be noisy. We were on the opposite...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us during the bowling tournament. We try our best to improve with all guest feedback and I am happy that your family enjoyed the breakfast and the variety. It is our number one compliment Thank you for staying with us and please let us know the next time that you visit Baton Rouge and we will be happy to make another reservation.
Louisiana
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights. Much older hotel that needs an update.Room was large with 2 double beds. Bathroom had mold around tiles. Bed was comfy but pillows were awful. Rooms are in separate buildings. Very inconvenient for getting to lobby for breakfast. Ice machines are outside of the buildings.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tracey B
19068, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Richmond Inn & Suites-Baton Rouge, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologize for the issues that you submitted to trip advisor. We strive to be the best and offer exceptional customer care.

Even though we are an older hotel, we are constantly updating our facility. I hope that you will stay with us again and that your experience meet your expectations.